Jackson Estate Opposes Stipend for Joe Jackson

Notice he (John Branca-CROOK) has now demanded 10% of the estate profits. Just as I said back in July; follow the money$$$.

What a good "friend" he is while the man who was responsible for bringing Michael Joseph Jackson is left penniless.

Take it to the IU.

Not to defend Branca - but the industry standard is 15% to 20%, and BTW, Branca only get 5%. The other 5% goes to John McClain.

Notice he (John Branca-CROOK) has now demanded 10% of the estate profits. Just as I said back in July; follow the money$$$.

What a good "friend" he is while the man who was responsible for bringing Michael Joseph Jackson is left penniless.

It is also not the responsibility of Michael to support his father.

Michaels job was to support his children. Not his father and not his siblings.

Attention:
This is my thoughts about this particular situation. I do not like John Branca; this is my opinion and my right.
There will be no response.

This is no surprise to me. I'm sure when Branca asks for more money it should of course be obeyed with out question.

How much is he earning off of Michael Jackson in comparison to Katherine and the children?

images

Attention: Ladies and Gentlemen of the Harlem community. Now that I have told you about the Historical way the Music Industry cheats their artists especially "black" artists; I must meet with my "dear friend" John Branca (who is a former SONY lawyer) and sign my new Will giving total control of my entire estate over to him. He is my "loving friend" and my family is "bad"and must never question John (GOD) Branca.

My whole career and life's work was all for him.

This is no surprise to me. I'm sure when Branca asks for more money it should of course be obeyed with out question.

How much is he earning off of Michael Jackson in comparison to Katherine and the children?

You should have consulted with Michael before his death and had him change the will to your specifications. Its kinda late now.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge has scheduled a hearing to decide if Michael Jackson's father should receive a monthly allowance of more than $15,000 from the pop star's estate.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff said Thursday he would hold an evidentiary hearing on May 26 regarding Joe Jackson's petition.

Michael Jackson had an often-strained relationship with his father. He omitted Joe Jackson from his will and trust, which benefits the singer's mother, three children and various charities.

Joe Jackson sought the stipend in November, saying he had little monthly income. The administrators of the pop star's estate have opposed the motion, and an attorney for Michael Jackson's children says she has concerns as well.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=131666

What does this mean? Joe has to show evidence that Michael wanted him supported too? I just think if that was the case Michael would have included him in the will.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge has scheduled a hearing to decide if Michael Jackson's father should receive a monthly allowance of more than $15,000 from the pop star's estate.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff said Thursday he would hold an evidentiary hearing on May 26 regarding Joe Jackson's petition.

Michael Jackson had an often-strained relationship with his father. He omitted Joe Jackson from his will and trust, which benefits the singer's mother, three children and various charities.

Joe Jackson sought the stipend in November, saying he had little monthly income. The administrators of the pop star's estate have opposed the motion, and an attorney for Michael Jackson's children says she has concerns as well.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=131666

thanks what is it with the courts always putting things off. may 26th day i come back from a holiday! always mj connections normally hed turn up in the uk when i was on hols or there would be a rumour at least.

If Mr. Jackson is left "penniless," as you have stated, don't you think one of his OTHER children should step up to the plate to ensure that their father is not left penniless?

Joe Jackson has 8 OTHER children, one of them being a millionaire in her own right. Where are they, why have they left their father penniless? LOL!

In my opinion, the remaining 8 can all chip in on a monthly basis and Joe Jackson will no longer be "penniless!"

May 26th is four months away, Joe Jackson AND Brian Oxman must be fuming at this news.

It's also interesting that the attorney for the children ALSO has some concerns. It ain't looking too good for Joe Jackson right now.

Once they all got a look at Joe Jackson's financial request, I'm sure they ALL became concerned.

What does this mean? Joe has to show evidence that Michael wanted him supported too? I just think if that was the case Michael would have included him in the will.

i think the judge has set a date for when joe will have to show his evidence. but why that didnt happen today i dont know. jobs for the boys i guess

t's also interesting that the attorney for the children ALSO has some concerns. It ain't looking too good for Joe Jackson right now.
yeah that hasnt been said b4 has it? is that document available to read?

May 26th is four months away, Joe Jackson AND Brian Oxman must be fuming at this news.
yeah how will he survive lol

Joe Jackson came one step closer to cashing in on his late son, Michael Jackson's estate.

In court Thursday Judge Mitchell Beckloff set an evidenciary hearing for May 26th for Joe Jackson's request for a family allowance.

But it won't be plain sailing for Joe, Margaret Lodise, the guardian ad litem for Michael Jackson's children told the judge, "I have concerns about the request because Joe Jackson isn't a beneficiary of the estate."

Michael Jackson Estate Requests More Money For Kids

Brian Oxman appeared on behalf of Joe Jackson who wasn't in court in person.

Katherine Jackson's legal ace attorney Adam Streisand told RadarOnline.com, "Katherine supports Joe receiving some type of allowance, we just don't how much is appropriate."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/01/joe-jackson-one-step-closer-allowance#comments

I think there are other factors at work against Joe besides him not being in the will.

The biggest of them that he is requesting money that he never actually gotten from Michael. Oxman, with is big mouth self, admitted that Joe got money from Michael from his wife and not Michael himself. By that logic, he should be asking his wife for her share of the allowance and not the estate.

Another problem is that Joe has eight living kids. So any judge with any merit would ask, "Why don't you ask you other children for help?" I would like to know that myself actually. He can't really say they don't have any money since one of them is a worth millions and the other half is living off of Michael indirectly and should have some free cash.

That large sum of money for mostly pleasures and not actually survival is not helping him. Maybe if he ask for a more reasonable allowance he may of had a chance. Seriously, Joe need some new advisors and to fire Oxman.

Katherine Jackson's legal ace attorney Adam Streisand told RadarOnline.com, "Katherine supports Joe receiving some type of allowance, we just don't how much is appropriate."

I think that Joe Jackson "may" have gotten an allowance, if his request were not so outrageous.

When you look at his list of request, it appears that he just wants to PARTY, i.e. hotels, eathing-out, airfare, and vacations. What happened to his list of BASIC everyday needs, I mean, since he said he needs this money to "survive."

I'm not surprised that folks have concerns.

I think there are other factors at work against Joe besides him not being in the will.

The biggest of them that he is requesting money that he never actually gotten from Michael. Oxman, with is big mouth self, admitted that Joe got money from Michael from his wife and not Michael himself. By that logic, he should be asking his wife for her share of the allowance and not the estate.

Another problem is that Joe has eight living kids. So any judge with any merit would ask, "Why don't you ask you other children for help?" I would like to know that myself actually. He can't really say they don't have any money since one of them is a worth millions and the other half is living off of Michael indirectly and should have some free cash.

That large sum of money for mostly pleasures and not actually survival is not helping him. Maybe if he ask for a more reasonable allowance he may of had a chance. Seriously, Joe need some new advisors and to fire Oxman.

Well, Katherine cannot support him either. Apparently, there is a judgement against her, Joe & Jermaine and the estate cannot pay her the 26 000$ approved by the judge. Right now, only the kids are receiving an allowance from the estate. I guess that slightly explain why Katherine pulled out of challenging the administrators. She does not have money for a long court battle.

Here is the CNN report:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/28/michael.jackson.family/?hpt=Sbin

CNN has learned that Katherine Jackson has not received any of the money ordered for her because of a judgment in a lawsuit nearly two decades ago.
A South Korean newspaper, the Segye Times, sued Michael Jackson in 1990, claiming he failed to perform at a series of concerts they had already paid him for. The lawsuit also named Katherine Jackson, Joe Jackson and another one of their sons, Jermaine Jackson.
Michael Jackson's lawyers reached an out-of-court settlement with the newspaper, but his parents and brother did not. When they failed to fight it in court, a California judge issued a $4 million summary judgment against them, which has now grown with interest to about $8 million, according to court papers.

They owe the Korean man 8 Mil$..I guess it will be a while before Katherine sees any money from the estate. I am glad MJ settled his portion...

Michael had no dealing with those Koreans it was Joseph getting KAtherine in trying to persuade Michael into performing. Michael declined but KAtherine and Joe had already received a lot of free gifts and money from the Koreans. The Koreans ended up suing Michael.

^^^
You are correct. This was in Margaret Maldonado Jackson's book. He probably felt they should clean up their own mess on that one and settled his part. He never agreed to any of that deal. History just keeps repeating itself doesn't it?

and the same as the family honours. jerm promished mj would perform when he didint mj got sued yet had told them he wasnt singing.and ppl wonder why mj didnt want to do buisness with them

^^^
You are correct. This was in Margaret Maldonado Jackson's book. He probably felt they should clean up their own mess on that one and settled his part. He never agreed to any of that deal. History just keeps repeating itself doesn't it?
I really does..
and the same as the family honours. jerm promished mj would perform when he didint mj got sued yet had told them he wasnt singing.and ppl wonder why mj didnt want to do buisness with them
Let's just hope ppl won't be like that to his children. you know promising they'll appear and if they don't them getting sued (once their of age).
Honestly if they (meaning fam and jerms) do this to them later it wouldn't even surprise me. tbh

Back