"It's not Michael Jackson" - Will.I.Am

If he never releases the music he did with Michael that would not bother me at all to be honest. What bothers me is he comes across as not wanting any music by Michael released. Michael created an estate and he didn't record all these songs to be locked away forever. He was thinking about the future for his kids. Michael was a smart man and he knew the music business better than anyone. This album is not Thriller or Bad obviously. When I listen to it I am not going to even compare it to past albums because I know the circumstances are different now. This is it was a glimpse of what Michael wanted to do and to me this album is like that too.

Honestly I would rather have Michael back and here with us than a new album. I think a lot of people wish that too. But that's not going to happen. It's never going to be the same and it's never going to be perfect like when Michael was here.

I'm tired of will.i.am's constant spew on all things MJ.
I definitely agree with you.

I mean, at this point Will.I.Am is protesting TOO MUCH, in my opinion. Is there "something" ELSE going on, that we are not aware of.

He didn't protest this much when he got into that "scuffle" with Perez Hilton a while back. After that little incident, he made a comment and never spoke about it again, but with this "Michael" situation, it appears that he can't shut-up. LOL! What's up with that, I wonder?

You know, I was just about to post something very similar.

If he wants nothing to do with it, keep out of it completely. Don't continue to diss it at any opportunity.

It doesn't look like he's trying to rebel against the album. I guess he's been asked about his opinion on the new album numerous times and he always answers the same.
Somehow, he looks much nicer than Teddy to me, and I believe he was a real friend of Michael. But here he's definitely talking about the quality of the album, not about the voice

And about releasing the new stuff... Guys, of course we all want it to happen, but be objective: in fact this desire is very self-serving.

It doesn't look like he's trying to rebel against the album. I guess he's been asked about his opinion on the new album numerous times and he always answers the same.
Somehow, he looks much nicer than Teddy to me, and I believe he was a real friend of Michael. But here he's definitely talking about the quality of the album, not about the voice

And about releasing the new stuff... Guys, of course we all want it to happen, but be objective: in fact this desire is very self-serving.

Maybe he should concentrate on the quality of his own music before complaining about Michael's....

Exactly!! I just don't get why an estimated 98% don't agree with it, but rather thinking the new "album" being very good or even a masterpiece and hating everybody else who doesn't enjoy "Michael"'s voice in BN, KYHU and Monster.

...Michael or having new music of him? I never thought about that this could actually be right: We should really think about it, is it REALLY the love to Michael that wants as MORE MORE MORE all the time or is it just greed to get more and more from him, long after he passed?

Denying others their feelings of "Love" (if you agree or not is a different question) is just not okay. Do not question Love itself if you feel the need to even throw "hate" in the same paragraph. Love just is and it doesn't need justification either. It simply is.

Thank you.

Actually, adoration sort of comes with the territory- ie "love". Nothing wrong with that either.

Greed? That implies hording something for your own benefit only. Is that why people buy several copies to GIVE them to someone for Christmas, because they share the joy?

Most people here happily shared whatever "leaks" they came across. People shared songs with me for which I was very grateful- and I happily shot out some PMs myself.

^^^ That's not greed, people shared the love.

Quote : "is it REALLY the love to Michael that wants as MORE MORE MORE all the time or is it just greed to get more and more from him, long after he passed?"

Please do not generalise. I don't know for everyone but for me every song, every line, every word, every note, every hiccup from Michael, even altered, processed or whatever, when I hear it is Michael, it has a message to tell me, litteraly, physically, emotionally or spiritually or all of them together. That's what I get from Michael (very subjectively of course) after having heared him speak about creating music and songs (no matter the quantity). But I am a very naive soul, that's still seeing Michael sitting on his Giving Tree at Neverland, picking up the music heaven sends him.
But... I've gone not well in my head, like TR 's and others.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/e/KRfzf8KT2sc"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/e/KRfzf8KT2sc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Denying others their feelings of "Love" (if you agree or not is a different question) is just not okay. Do not question Love itself if you feel the need to even throw "hate" in the same paragraph. Love just is and it doesn't need justification either. It simply is.

Thank you.

Actually, adoration sort of comes with the territory- ie "love". Nothing wrong with that either.

Greed? That implies hording something for your own benefit only. Is that why people buy several copies to GIVE them to someone for Christmas, because they share the joy?

Most people here happily shared whatever "leaks" they came across. People shared songs with me for which I was very grateful- and I happily shot out some PMs myself.

^^^ That's not greed, people shared the love.

I would never agree with this statement. Love NEEDS justification and this justification is sacrificing.It always was like that and always will be.

This is how mankind measures love sinse the beginning of creation by God's given rule.

There are many examples especially with Michael Jackson when love of others turned to be very harmful. However, some people think that their love to him was a top of perfection. It is simply not true.
What you think love is in your mind does not mean that it fits the universal rule.

For me is more loving to appreciate what already was given by the artist when he was alive. This is a little sacrificing instead feeding my own ego with new questionable releases.

Last edited:
"I heard the song that's on the Internet now ['Breaking News'] and I'm like, 'That ain't Mike.'"

Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am says releasing a Michael Jackson album after the King of Pop's death is "disgusting."

Speaking to Austin Scaggs for Rolling Stone, the performer and producer says the new material "ain't Mike" and that songs he recorded with the superstar will never be released to the public.

"A couple of months before Michael died, he called me on the phone really upset," he tells the magazine, explaining that Michael was very upset that somebody had leaked a song on the internet called "Hold My Hand."

"I knew this man," he added. "And he was very critical about every single detail. He stood in the studio himself, mastering and mixing everything. How can you release a record without that Michael Jackson? It's not Michael Jackson. I heard the song that's on the Internet now ['Breaking News'] and I'm like, 'That ain't Mike.' He wasn't there to do his micro-Michael-managing that he did with 'Thriller' and 'Billie Jean.' It disgusts me."

http://www.etonline.com/music/104056_Michael_Jackson_Album_Disgusts_william/index.html

Isn't Will.I.Am the last producer that Michael recorded with?

Yet, demos are on re-releases of OTW, Thriller and Bad, and there are demos and unfinished tracks on the Ultimate Collection????

That doesn't add up.

As for the Breaking News vocals, about 95 percent of the people when first listening to BN, including myself, had the same reaction.

The vocals certainly are different, but logic and listening closely reveals that it is MJ.

Will will be sued for those tracks. He doesn't own them outright. MJ commissioned the collaboration and paid for it, I'm sure, so his estate has ownership.

Also, anyone who has followed MJ knows he loved to be loved. And there is no way, in death, he is not enjoying the love he is being shown around the world for his music, unfinished by him or not.

Michael was pranked due to Akon's carelessness....his music was leaked due to Akon's carelessness...we get Michael's first official release and it has AKON all over it......and you guy's are judging Will........I am very vey very disappointed in Sony, the Estate, and the producers in regard's to 'Michael'....they created the hype that Michael would've created but unfortunately were unable to deliver and to think when Michael was alive some fans blamed Micheal for the being to controlling.......:timer:

Okay.......controversy aside...........

:scratch::scratch::scratch:
It's funny how he rejects Michael's new album especially as Black Eyed Peas have just released a new album??????
:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Maybe he wouldn't be saying that if one of his songs are on the album!!!

Just saying!!!!!

P.S. I am fan of B.E.P. and Will.I.Am and I am buying Michael (but still have no idea about authenticity of Cascio songs)

Yeah , exactly that link.....how can people say it's Michael Jackson with so much determination, even after these kind of comparisons. Do ya'll not HEAR how ridiculously similar (read: same) he sounds to this chump called Jason Malachi?

No suprising William is against MJ album, he released an album last week. (but it flopped ! ahah!)

Back in 2001:

No suprise Michael is against Sony, he just released Invincible last week. (But it's a flop! ahah!)

Just saying. :tease:

^^ That video should have never been reposted in here. The last thread was closed due to the arguments it created.

I would never agree with this statement. Love NEEDS justification and this justification is sacrificing.It always was like that and always will be.

This is how mankind measures love sinse the beginning of creation by God's given rule.

There are many examples especially with Michael Jackson when love of others turned to be very harmful. However, some people think that their love to him was a top of perfection. It is simply not true.
What you think love is in your mind does not mean that it fits the universal rule.

For me is more loving to appreciate what already was given by the artist when he was alive. This is a little sacrificing instead feeding my own ego with new questionable releases.

"This is how mankind measures love"? Well, right now I am part of Mankind myself, thank you very much. As are you. Guess "mankind" measures rather differently. Nor is the measurement of love by "mankind" by any means universal. Universal means a bit more than just mankind.

Yes, he loved so much that it harmed him. Did his love for children require any prerequisite? No, it didn't. His love of children just was and is.
Did it hurt him? You bet. Would his love of children existed nonetheless without the "sacrifice" of being called the scum of the Earth? You bet.

Love is Love is Love is Love.

Love itself does not need to be justified, it becomes the "what was first, egg or chicken debate".
Love loves, the 'needing' part is, well, need.

Love loves and nothing else. Debating the 'consequence of love' is a different matter, but love itself is free, not tied to life, death or circumstance. Dependency, motives, what have you- that's all tied to something.

At least I didn't proclaim myself stating a universal rule, which is kinda risky business- unless you really can speak in more universal terms.
At least say, according to a religion perhaps- but that doesn't make your definition of Love a universal one. Nor does it make mine. Careful when applying the sticker of "universal".

Didn't you say you read Blavatsky? She had a few things to say about sacrifice and the role and function of Ego in Mankind.

I'm the first one to jump on the boat of philosophical dialogue- but if we wanna get philosophical with "universal", I say we need to at least see what's universal and what is hiding behind what here...

If it's just accusation in the name of "don't buy this album", then I'll gladly "sacrifice" the debate.

Last edited:
Pace said:
Yes, he loved so much that it harmed him. Did his love for children require any prerequisite? No, it didn't. His love of children just was and is.
Did it hurt him? You bet. Would his love of children existed nonetheless without the "sacrifice" of being called the scum of the Earth? You bet.

Love is Love is Love is Love.

At least I didn't proclaim myself stating a universal rule, which is kinda risky business- unless you really can speak in more universal terms.
At least say, according to a religion perhaps- but that doesn't make your definition of Love a universal one. Nor does it make mine. Careful when applying the sticker of "universal".

Didn't you say you read Blavatsky? She had a few things to say about sacrifice and the role and function of Ego in Mankind.

I will start again and it will be the last time here: Love NEEDS justification and this justification is sacrificing period.

Please, do not pretend to be superior as you always do, teaching everybody when somebody does not agree with you. You are very far from that point no matter how many books you have read. This is not always about the knowledge. It something else, you know.

Reading Blavatsky does not automatically mean denying the Bible. I take from Blavatsky only what I think it could be right from my point of view. The same rule applies to the Bible and anything else.

Any kind of TRUE love involves sacrificing and Love for children is not an exception. His love for children and his life in general was an act of sacrificing himself. If you do not understand it and do not agree with this , there is no need to discuss it any further unless you really trying to understand.

We are from different parts of Universe and I highly doubt that it ever will be any agreement. So, It is just pointless.

I did my post for others basically in order to remind some simple rules from the Gospel cos your post I found spiritually harmful.
&#8220;Love is love&#8221; can be applied only to God and it called Unconditional Love, Universal Love. Humans do not have it. Anyway, it is off top.
You got your CD for Christmas as an act of Love?:) So, be happy with this. I did not as an act of love as well.

Take care. :)

Edited: You changed the original post but it still makes no sense.

Last edited:
I will start again and it will be the last time here: Love NEEDS justification and this justification is sacrificing period.
Please do not pretend to be superior as you always do, teaching everybody when somebody does not agree with you. ...

I did my post for others basically in order to remind some simple rules from the Gospel cos your post I found spiritually harmful.

:bugeyed

You proclaimed your view of Love and that of the Christian Gospel to be universal- it's not. One religion is not universal. (certain aspects of it most definitely)

Very unfortunate you have to resort to personal insults.

Last edited:
:bugeyed

You proclaimed your view of Love and that of the Christian Gospel to be universal- it's not. One religion is not universal.

Very simple.

Very unfortunate you have to resort to personal insults. A debate would be much more interesting.

No one realigion is universal but the rules of love are universal in most of them you believe it or not. Jesus Christ is just a good example. Happy holydays.

No one realigion is universal but the rules of love are universal in most of them you believe it or not. Jesus Christ is just a good example. Happy holydays.

Merry CHRISTMAS.

:D

See, I might not know what exactly the universal messages of Love throughout religions are- why exactly Jesus Christ is such a good example.
What is an universal message of Love that is so universal? Why is Yeshua, workname Jesus Christ, a universal example of "something".
What about 'Jesus Christ' is it that makes him so universal- what characteristic is so universal about him that it would even apply, say in Hinduism and Buddhism?
(I'm actually not saying that's not the case- when one makes a statement, there's usually some kind of thought process involved after which one arrives at a conclusion- that's what I'm after.)

Last edited:

Agree with that...

Greed? That implies hording something for your own benefit only.

Buying an officially released album for yourself is not anything you share. That you want to give it away for others is nice, but a separate thing if you ask me.

I would never agree with this statement.

Exactly!!

As for the Breaking News vocals...
The vocals certainly are different, but logic and listening closely reveals that it is MJ.

Please have a look at this more recent clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRfzf8KT2sc&feature=recentlik
You still think that way?

All in all, personally the "Michael" CD (which I got rid of already) at least gave me the descision to give it a rest. To give the man a break and let him rest in peace... and honor what he has left the world.
But that's just me, though I'm surprised how many people seem to hold on ANYTHING they can get regarding MJ. Maybe it's just the overwhelming love for him (which I don't lack of either though), which isn't a bad thing...

But that's just me, though I'm surprised how many people seem to hold on ANYTHING they can get regarding MJ. Maybe it's just the overwhelming love for him (which I don't lack of either though), which isn't a bad thing...

It based on "everybody wants a piece of Michael Jackson". BN actually has a very powerfull lyrics :)

I took this one from twitter (fan protest today in LA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBZ-dnyqK4U

Edited:
TJJ twitter today
Never underestimate the power of money. The more at stake, the further people will divert from morality, integrity and honesty.

Last edited:
Wow, this is really sad. 10 (in words: TEN) fans fighting for Michael. But two thumbs up to them doing it!! I don't get it... I was at the London demo 2002, too. Was it all about fun and meeting Michael for 99% of the fans?

Back