"It's not Michael Jackson" - Will.I.Am

André89;3136033 said:
I've always respected Will.i.am, and this only makes me respect him even more.

Michael should have had more true friends like him.

Just because some of Michael's friends want to share his music with his fans doesn't make them worse than those who don't. Maybe they feel that MJ would want to share with us? I personally believe that to be true.

I am saying that because he is claiming to know MJ better than anyone else.. better then Teddy Riley who worked with Michael on 4 projects for over 10 years, better then his Estate, better then Rodney Jerkins who worked a lot longer with MJ then will.i.am did. They worked together for couple of months in 2006-2007 and that is it. I don't like him at all.

I know that Michael would do everything different but he is not here with us anymore, and his music and his legacy needs to live for future generations and new music will help that. And will.i.am is not helping in that mission!

How is that being a hypocrite? He would be a hypocrite if he starts releasing music that he and Michael worked on, all the while complaining that other artists are doing the same. But other than that, he's in no way going against what he's stated, as far as I can tell.

Besides, people have different perspectives on how to pay their respects to Michael. If he feels we should honour Michael by not toying around with his craft, then so be it. It's not a ridiculous claim by Will.I.Am anyway, I'm sure we all know how much of a perfectionist Michael is and how much he valued his work.

How is that being a hypocrite? He would be a hypocrite if he starts releasing music that he and Michael worked on, all the while complaining that other artists are doing the same. But other than that, he's in no way going against what he's stated, as far as I can tell.

Besides, people have different perspectives on how to pay their respects to Michael. If he feels we should honour Michael by not toying around with his craft, then so be it. It's not a ridiculous claim by Will.I.Am anyway, I'm sure we all know how much of a perfectionist Michael is and how much he valued his work.

He will release these tracks.. sooner or later.. you will see.. just wait.

There's nothing wrong with releasing, even touching up songs.

But the soul of Michael needs to be in them. They need to be instantly recognisable.

The Estate has the vocal part of these songs and I imagine it will be hard for Will to stop them being released, even if he wanted to...

Scream-michael-jackson-9603451-315-240.gif

This!!! :sigh:

I ain't trying to DISS Will.I.Am, I know he and Michael were good friends, but yo, homeboy needs to change the record already. EVERYTIME somebody puts a mic in front of his face will he be addressing his DISGUST! I mean, really.

First of all, is the Estate supposed to just sit on all of Michael's unreleased work, from now until the end of time, in my opinion, that's not how it works.

Secondly, I notice that Will.I.Am likes to say how the music he did with Michael will NEVER be released. Is he just saying that now, or will he be changing his mind 6, 7, 8, 9 years from now?

(6, 7, 8, 9 years from now, when he has NO career, I bet he will be more than happy to release his work with Michael. WATCH!)

Third, we heard what he had to say, now he needs to WORRY about the future of his own group, because they appear to have lost their "spark."

I agree,for sure sooner or later he wiil sell the recordings to Sony.Now he doesn't need money,the album with BEP sold millions and he acts like the best friend Michael ever had,but this behaviour has an expiration date,imo.

He will release these tracks.. sooner or later.. you will see.. just wait.

In the meantime though, it's not nice to call him a hypocrite for something he hasn't done yet. Who knows? Maybe he'll impress us by actually keeping to his word.

The quote is misleading. Will.I.Am did not say the vocals weren't Mike, he said it was the production that wasn't Mike as he's not here to perfect it. I do agree with him in the fact that without Mike it will never be completely him as he didn't sign off on it but I still think new music should be released.

"I heard the song that's on the Internet now ['Breaking News'] and I'm like, 'That ain't Mike.'"

"I knew this man," he added. "And he was very critical about every single detail. He stood in the studio himself, mastering and mixing everything. How can you release a record without that Michael Jackson? It's not Michael Jackson. I heard the song that's on the Internet now ['Breaking News'] and I'm like, 'That ain't Mike.' He wasn't there to do his micro-Michael-managing that he did with 'Thriller' and 'Billie Jean.' It disgusts me."

http://www.etonline.com/music/104056_Michael_Jackson_Album_Disgusts_william/index.html

Thankyou for saying that Will.I.am. I too want Sony/Estate to release ONLY those songs that Michael COMPLETED HIMSELF and wanted released but could not release them earlier because there were other even more amazing songs that made their way to his outstanding albums!

Re: "That ain't Mike" - Will.I.Am

Are you saying this in all honesty? Seriously?

"I heard the song that's on the Internet now ['Breaking News'] and I'm like, 'That ain't Mike.'"

Way to read into things wrong. If you read the whole article and not just one line, you'd understand what he was talking about. This is how rumors gain legs, and it turns into this big ball of twisted truth and propaganda. Reading the whole article, it's quite obvious he was referring to the production, and the overall song being merely average.

I respect that Will was a friend of Michael, but i dont think MJ would be his friend anymore if he was still around and Will makes down everything thats around his legacy!

Please sh*t up Will!!:doh:

Michael apparently set up an Estate that is AUTHORIZED to strike these kind of deals on his behalf. (of course those that believe that the will is is fake won't go down that route).

MJ could have simply ordered in his will that everything that the Estate is sitting on is to be destroyed. Other artists have done precisely that.

I'm sure the control freak in Michael is screaming at the top of his lungs on a few occasions- but you know what, all of us will face the fact one day that we will not be here to do it ourselves.

That is why wills are being written in the first place.

I do find a lot disgusting, but I'll reserve that word for other, more urgent issues. Am I incredibly weepy and sad over the fact that I am holding an album in my hands with his name on it- him not being there alive? Yes, very much so. I thought I'd be happier.

But sadness over that fact is not the same as labeling everything and everyone involved "disgusting".

why does he keep mentioning HMH? can't he put his problems with akon aside before talking?

One of the main reasons I support this album is that sony truthfuly marketed it as uncompleted songs that were recently brought to completion by the estate. Just like This Is It, which was also marketed as Michael's final REHEARSALS and made into a cohesive film experience by the producers. Therefore, the album is no different. It includes the final songs Michael worked on during the past few years of his life. It's not like sony lied to us and said that this is the album he was about to release but didn't get a chance, which they COULD have done by the way. I'm happy with the results. The album title is a tribute, the album cover is a tribute, and so are the songs, in my opinion..

One of the main reasons I support this album is that sony truthfuly marketed it as uncompleted songs that were recently brought to completion by the estate. Just like This Is It, which was also marketed as Michael's final REHEARSALS and made into a cohesive film experience by the producers. Therefore, the album is no different. It includes the final songs Michael worked on during the past few years of his life. It's not like sony lied to us and said that this is the album he was about to release but didn't get a chance, which they COULD have done by the way. I'm happy with the results. The album title is a tribute, the album cover is a tribute, and so are the songs, in my opinion..

If one day you will have a REAL proof in your hands that Michael did not want to release a new material how you will feel after all? Just curious... .

Will was saying that in the sense that "this whole album aint Mike because he wasn't here to finish it". He wasn't referring to the authenticity of the vocals.

Of course he meant its not MJ like ''A MJ song''

We need to stop to paranoid with that story and searching for each little ''proof'' to proove its not Michael

Its pathetic.

Will was saying that in the sense that "this whole album aint Mike because he wasn't here to finish it". He wasn't referring to the authenticity of the vocals.

Agreed.

Of course he meant its not MJ like ''A MJ song''

We need to stop to paranoid with that story and searching for each little ''proof'' to proove its not Michael

Its pathetic.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::punk:

If one day you will have a REAL proof in your hands that Michael did not want to release a new material how you will feel after all? Just curious... .

I may be mistaken. That is just my opinion. If indeed some proof comes up, then I will change my opinion.

I may be mistaken. That is just my opinion. If indeed some proof comes up, then I will change my opinion.

So it is so easy for you just to change your opininion right? But it will not change the fact that you got this album. How about that? Or it still will be OK with you?

Who better than Will.I.am to stand up for mike? no one takes us fans serious with regards to this while is it him isnt it him.

Ok I have to ask. Like Pace said, if Michael didn't want new music out ever again,no demos no nothing, wouldn't he have said so in his will? I feel pretty sure Michael was aware of what estates do after the musician dies. He was married to LMP so he saw how things like that were handled. Michael seemed like such a details kind of guy, so do you think he missed this huge "detail"? I am just askin.

OnirMJ;3135925 said:
If he has something better he should release it. Such a selfish hypocrit

Actually I think he's the least selfish person in this terrible mess...

MoeJack;3136130 said:
One of the main reasons I support this album is that sony truthfuly marketed it as uncompleted songs that were recently brought to completion by the estate. Just like This Is It, which was also marketed as Michael's final REHEARSALS

Wow, how honest of them promoting it as rehearsals and not as a full concert... :smilerolleyes:

André89;3136033 said:
I've always respected Will.i.am, and this only makes me respect him even more.

Michael should have had more true friends like him.

Exactly!! I just don't get why an estimated 98% don't agree with it, but rather thinking the new "album" being very good or even a masterpiece and hating everybody else who doesn't enjoy "Michael"'s voice in BN, KYHU and Monster.

Travis;3135913 said:
... must he keep reiterating it in order to try and make the rest of us feel like crap for wanting unreleased material?

After seeing what can happen I think maybe we should. A friend of mine wondered what really is more important to the fans... Michael or having new music of him? I never thought about that this could actually be right: We should really think about it, is it REALLY the love to Michael that wants as MORE MORE MORE all the time or is it just greed to get more and more from him, long after he passed?

Ankita;3136087 said:
Thankyou for saying that Will.I.am. I too want Sony/Estate to release ONLY those songs that Michael COMPLETED HIMSELF and wanted released but could not release them earlier because there were other even more amazing songs that made their way to his outstanding albums!

Best post I've read in December. I wouldn't have thought I'd ever say that, but after listening to "Michael" I'd go for it: Burn the remains!!

P.S. regarding BN, have a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRfzf8KT2sc&feature=recentlik

I'm tired of will.i.am's constant spew on all things MJ.

This is true. At least that is what I gathered from reading the article.

Back