Is Beyonce Knowles TODAY'S Michael Jackson

It's clear some of you don't understand the question being asked. :sigh:

Right.

Ill bet that most fans just see the title, forget about reading the first post and come in ready to defend!

destiny's child don't have a song seeing the jackson 5 and beyone solo doesn't have a song seeing michael.

Thank you.

To me Beyonce is irritating I mean irritating like flies hovering around your face 24/7 lol! Theres something about her...maybe I got turned off by the whole "divaesque" mentality. I liked her better as Destiny's Child. Bootylicious style.

Are you kidding. All she does is shake her butt and stomp around half naked. MJ was the best entertainer of all time. Yesterday today and tomorrow!

Right.

Ill bet that most fans just see the title, forget about reading the first post and come in ready to defend!

LOL!!! I'm armed and ready 2 defend! :pirate:

But I must say, aren't eighty to ninety percent of Beyonce's fans females?

MJ pretty much reached both males and females with his music, I'd even say it's a percentage of almost 50/50 -male & females.

Last edited:
i think she a little better than other artists out now, that's why she out there but she soens't have that magic that mj whose songs can really touched your heart and have people reallly care about u like family that's how it is with family, plus no artists now have the type of hysteria that mj had he couldn't he go anywhere without a crowd

Right.

That's their MO. And whilst in the thread, they belittle the artist, as always. Much too predictable.

ummm...do people forget that "Michael Jackson" is a person?....So then the answer would be no...like I said about the Usher thing. Unless Beyonce' is a male and was born 51 years and about 6 months ago, and her parents are Joseph and Katherine Jackson, then she can't be Michael Jackson... :smilerolleyes:

And I ain't "belittling" Beyonce', I like some of her songs. I'm just sayin' she can't be Michael Jackson because he is a person.

No one was even talking about you. :lol: I guess the guilty ones do speak first.

That's their MO. And whilst in the thread, they belittle the artist, as always. Much too predictable.

Yeah its what I allways expect coming into threads like this. I dont know why I still come in them, I allways just end up getting frustrated and saying something. Which then escalates to a two day long arguement haha

I maybe mistaken, but amyzabeth has actually put me on her ignore list. Just because her and a few others didnt agree with what I was saying in another thread a few days ago. I dont know about you, but I dont put people on my ignore list just because I dont agree with them. They even called me annoying because they didnt agree with me :\

They like to keep there little world of MJ completely perfect, and any other artist out there these days simply cannot be given any credit in this little 'bubble'.

Last edited:
No one was even talking about you. :lol: I guess the guilty ones do speak first.

I think you got that confused with the phrase people use with farting. Which is what I'm doing now while reading your comment.
:)

Have a nice day. I'm not going to argue with you because like I said I like some of Beyonce's songs. sooo yea..

the END..

Yeah its what I allways expect coming into threads like this. I dont know why I still come in them, I allways just end up getting frustrated and saying something. Which then escalates to a two day long arguement haha

I maybe mistaken, but amyzabeth has actually put me on her ignore list. Just because her and a few others didnt agree with what I was saying in another thread a few days ago. I dont know about you, but I dont put people on my ignore list just because I dont agree with them. They even called me annoying because they didnt agree with me :\

They like to keep there little world of MJ completely perfect, and any other artist out there these days simply cannot be given any credit in this little 'bubble'.

no I didn't put you on my ignore list. My friend did, but I didn't.

I think you got that confused with the phrase people use with farting. Which is what I'm doing now while reading your comment.
:)

Have a nice day. I'm not going to argue with you because like I said I like some of Beyonce's songs. sooo yea..

the END..

And im the one that needs to grow up.......yeah :\

Your farting while reading his post? What? How is that a diss to him? hahaha

no I didn't put you on my ignore list. My friend did, but I didn't.

Ok then, but you were still very immature. So was MicHill. In fact she was worse. Much worse. But thats irrelevant to the topic anyway. So forget I brought it up.

Thats one of the funniest things ive read in here for a long time. Im farting while reading your post because it is so bad! hahaha

And im the one that needs to grow up.......yeah :\

Your farting while reading his post? What? How is that a diss to him? hahaha

Thats one of the funniest things ive read in here for a long time. Im farting while reading your post because it is so bad! hahaha

Like I said I'm not going to argue. So w.e..:/

I think when people on here create threads like this, they forget about everything that Mike has accomplished in the music industry..they are just quick to call another artist the next MJ..Beyonce or anyone else won't take MJs place in music..Beyonce is her own artist and is doing big things..so let her be Beyonce, not MJ!!

I love me some bey but i know when to go in on her

Is Beyonce Knowles TODAY'S Michael Jackson? :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: come on now to me this thread is reaching no disrespect just because she sold a few albums and shows start in movies doesn't even compare to half of What MJ lead down on this planet. Real Talk her career took off and she is nationally known but all this even mention her next to MJ is horribly wrong thats like saying is john mayer the new elvis...i'm just being real cause i'm bout bey-out if u ask me she needs to take some time off and re-built her self all her video look the same i just can't>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nah....

I think Lady Gaga is the NEXT ICON of this generation. (hides) xD

Like MJ was the icon of a generation, I'm think Ms Gaga MIGHT ACHIEVED that one day.

Beyonce is like....... not even that interesting.

(hides)

Nah....

Like MJ was the icon of a generation, I'm think Ms Gaga MIGHT ACHIEVED that one day.

(hides)

"hides" LOL.

But yea, I agree somewhat with your comment. Gaga is the one I'm watching out for. Bey truly is kinda boring.

Nah....

(hides)
I'm not sure about Lady Gaga, she needs time to "simmer" and "bathe in the moonlight," before she can hope to fill anybody's shoes. (I personally don't believe that her "dressing up" gimmick will last, but that's just me.)

Anyway, on to Beyonce. First of all, she is way, WAY to overexposed. Something Michael never was.

We all wanted to see MORE of Michael, and a lot of people want to see LESS of Beyonce, because she is everywhere. She don't give folks a chance to miss her, and in my opinion, that works against her.

I'm not sure about Lady Gaga, she needs time to "simmer" and "bathe in the moonlight," before she can hope to fill anybody's shoes. (I personally don't believe that her "dressing up" gimmick will last, but that's just me.)

Anyway, on to Beyonce. First of all, she is way, WAY to overexposed. Something Michael never was.

We all wanted to see MORE of Michael, and a lot of people want to see LESS of Beyonce, because she is everywhere. She don't give folks a chance to miss her, and in my opinion, that works against her.

I understand.

See, I don't like her when she first came on the scene and I still don't. But I'll be lying if I say she's not interesting.... Damn, the girl knows how to separate herself from her peers. She stands out.

Also, this generation is all about FLASH and GIMMICK. Many kids my age love her and even those that don't are just intrigued or weirded out by her. xD

She knows how to play the game really well while Beyonce is stuck in one plane.

Gaga's music is not my kind of music but she's talented. Moreso than Beyonce.

I know she was inspired by Bowie and you can clearly tell but Lady Gaga is going to fill her own shoes, ONE DAY..... or she might also end up like a gimmicky pop star like you said.

Has anyone actually ever looked at the threads in the Music Makes The World Go 'Round section.

The top threads at the moment are all negative, and many of them have to do with MJ. When its a seperate section for none MJ related music.

I think that Beyonce should go on a 3-5 year hiatus and then release her next album..Sasha Fierce was released November of 2008, but it seems like it was just released it 2 months ago because she is everywhere..I hope the overexposure doesn't kill her in the end..I think it's good for an artist to be gone for a couple of years and comeback, so that they can build anticipation..Sade was gone for 10 years and look what happened..500K in the first week..10 years might be too long, but it was long enough for people to anticipate Sade's return..

Has anyone actually ever looked at the threads in the Music Makes The World Go 'Round section.

The top threads at the moment are all negative, and many of them have to do with MJ. When its a seperate section for none MJ related music.

There not all negative, there the truth but its to many of the same Beyonce threads but thats not fans fault who reply to them. Blame the people who START the threads. I agree there are more interesting and better music to talk about then ranting about why Michael is so great and why popular music is so bad lol Im a victim in that Ill admit because im tired of popular music getting praised when its garbage but its ashame how there are alot of great threads here but people dont wanna talk about them. Like the Soul Thread for example, best thread ever made.

No, are you serious?
Beyone is michael like.....i agree.
But michael made the music industry like how it is today.
No one who ever can top that, no one.
He was THE pioneer in music.
Even elvis could not have topped that one.
Elvis was more for te white people.
Jmes brown for the black people ( just to name some people)

But Michael was the one who created a bridge between black and white music.
Mike was for all races and colours.
THAT,S what a pioneer is about.

Without michael there would be no beyonce.....

So no,
Beyonce is a great artist and performer.
But she doens,t even come close to michael.
No one will.

Racism really blows.

Why always the comparison?? Why can't people just get over the fact that there will be no other Michael Jackson or Today's Michael Jackson? No offense to the original poster, but comparing MJ and Lady Gaga or Bey and MJ, Usher and MJ, Chris Brown and MJ is really getting old. These artists definitely need our acknowledgment for what they contribute to the POP world (although I don't agree with some of it sometimes) but Michael Jackson is on a whole new different level...his LEVEL. Just like Elvis, just like Mozart, Just like Einstein and all the other geniuses we've come to learn and heard of, Michael Jackson was a genius and that's that. :D

What we have today is what we have today, Beyonce is Beyonce, Lady Gaga is Lady Gaga, Neyo is Neyo and so on.

Lady gaga is going the same route as Beyonce. She is working on her third album in two years. She's not giving people time to miss her either, she is everywhere.
She's performed on pretty much every award show so it was always the same line-up pretty much ( Lady gaga, beyonce, taylor swift..) I agree about thinking the gimmick will wear out at some point, just my opion of course.

But anyway this is not the point of the thread obviously :p
Beyonce is not todays Michael Jackson for several reasons.

When Michael would release a video it would be on the news, that's how huge he was.
Everywere Michael went he had fans staying in front of his hotel all night long, and people chasing his cars around. ( Can anyone name one artist today who goes through that?)
When he would perform people would faint just at the sight of him.
Not only that but listen to the applaus and screams he get's just by getting on stage and compare that to her shows. You can tell the difference right away.

Personally I think her performance and music is very blah, it makes me think of fast food. It's good to dance to in a club but it's not soul touching or anything.
( btw I think Lady gaga falls in the same category personally)
There's nothing wrong with that, but don't make it something that it's not imo.
It's not that she can't sing it's about the song choices she makes as a singer.

( btw I hope no one is going to attack me for saying this as i've seen this thread is getting pretty heated.Just wanted to share my opion that's all. I'm not a hater of her or whatever)

Ok so she's not today's Michael Jackson. She's todays Beyonce.

Most total certifications (includes cumulative album, digital song, master ringtone, and music video certifications):

Group:

The Eagles – 48
(Warner)
Male solo artist: Michael Jackson 44 (Sony/Epic)
Female solo artist: Beyonce – 64 (Sony/Columbia)

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87571
:clapping: Well done Michael and Beyonce :D ..

... I'm just messing you don't need to attack me..

I think that Beyonce should go on a 3-5 year hiatus and then release her next album..Sasha Fierce was released November of 2008, but it seems like it was just released it 2 months ago because she is everywhere..I hope the overexposure doesn't kill her in the end..I think it's good for an artist to be gone for a couple of years and comeback, so that they can build anticipation..Sade was gone for 10 years and look what happened..500K in the first week..10 years might be too long, but it was long enough for people to anticipate Sade's return..

i agree! i think beyonce said shes finally over the whole sasha fierce crap, luckily ...good now go hibernate, Beyonce

plus, she needs to seriously stop copying other artists who are doing exactly that new thing at that very moment. rofl! seriously, beyonce?

You can't say anybody is the next "Michael Jackson" until they reach that pinnacle that Michael did.

Beyonce's music is very good but not always original.

Lady Gaga is like marmite...you either lover or hate her. And eventually people will get bored of her over-the-top style. She'll be big for the 10's decade (2010-2019) but after that it's hard to see her carrying on. However, her music is very good, but sometimes a little repetitive. And she isn't completely original...I see a lot of Madonna and even more Kylie Minogue in her,

I personally like Rihanna. She's orginal, her new stuff is always fresh and has a good rhythm to it. And she is more widely accepted then Lady Gaga (who is only popular for the 8-29 age group.

I love Black Eyed Peas, they are also original. That's why Michael wanted to work with lead man Will I Am.

Usher is a very good singer but hasn't done much recently.

There are no new/young artist that has a universal appeal in terms of:
1.) Age. Everybody from 2 to 102 are into Michael's music.
2.) Ethnicity. Every race, every culture and every part of the World, Michael is loved for his music.
3.) Genre. Michael did basically Rock, Pop and Soul (which is pretty much everything in modern music). There hasn't been an artist since Michael was born that has been able to do that. Whatever type of music you listen to, Michael's got a song for you.

So as far as I'm concerned, the new Michael Jackson doesn't exist!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back