IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

Re: IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Count Down]

Someone has already transcribed the lyrics of "don't be messin' 'round ?

RT @KL_Sunflower: 9PM Malaysia RT @U4MJL: Sunday 09:00 AM EDT, to celebrate BAD25 we will trend #WhosBad (15PM Italy, 14PM London, 10AM Brazil) Please RT

Anybody agree "Don't be messin' 'round" is the perfect advise regarding the creation of this song? ;) I think Michael was just messing around ^^....

I like it more every time i listen....

I assume he wasn't playing WHILE singing?

Re: IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Around" bonus track [Count Down]

I understand what you mean. But I wouldnt mind so much if they enhanced a Demo so it was suitable for a chart release. As Long as they kept the integrity of the song and also published the original demo first or along with it so the original is always noted for posperity and his legacy.

I agree, I wonder what they will do for the songs for the "new album" like The Place with No Name or Blue Gangsta. I really would like them to enhance the songs for chart release, and like you say, release the original demos of the songs.

Someone has already transcribed the lyrics of "don't be messin' 'round ?

That's an excellent question. I would love to have the lyrics. If anyone has them, would you pls. post them? Thanks!

Just check outthe lyrics thread in this forum section.

Are you serious? People were trashing the estate last year, for retouching MJ's songs....now you are asking for re-works and non-80's demos?

Do MJ fans even know what they want?

Gee whizzzz

Relax Memefan. lom kit, just doesn't like 80's sounding songs, so that is his preferance. Also, he was just curious to find out what the later re-works sounded, that is it. And btw, I would love to have the later re-works of this demo. And I LOVE this demo, especially Michael playing the piano and the funky ending.

The piano makes it sound so alive and funky. Especially during the intro and bridge, where it's predominant. :D

Michael was quite good on the piano, I might add. :p

:agree: I can just imagine Michael playing the piano - so precious- what a genius he is!

Right, some things I've "found" in this:

Intro sounds a bit like When Doves Cry:
[youtube]lkDLR4a6KPI[/youtube]

The whole song sonds a lot like RUNAWAY by Janet Jackson:
[youtube]i7y32FoYQuU[/youtube]

There is an instrument that plays a lot like in DON'T STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH (at the end):
http://youtu.be/yURRmWtbTbo?t=3m57s COMPARE THIS TO THE END OF DBMR

Ad libs at the end are very similar to the ad libs he does in STATE OF SHOCK feat. Freddie.
http://youtu.be/fbkFiM15Yhc?t=4m30s COMPARE THIS TO THE END OF DBMR

Like I said, the song also somewhat has the same groove as Streetwalker. Maybe with a little Cheater and Love Never Felt So Good in it.

Love it!

I think this song has a little bit of many sounds but overall an original MJ sound- just great! "Runaway" was released in 95 so maybe , lol, songwriters then ripped Michael's sound, just sayin...

I also hear his great ad libs "pa pa re pa" in Remember the time, "tra ra pa pa " and the ending of Leave me Alone, ta ta rapa ta ta
And the piano intro of Leave me alone. Just enjoying it so much!

I've been listening to this all weekend now :dancing::dancing::dancing: Loved it right away, and yes, it keeps getting better and better!

This song truly brings a smile on my face :yes: As unfinished as it is, this is the way I wanna hear Michael Jackson. The way he left his demos/songs, not finished by someone else :cheers:

Is it confirmed that Michael played the piano on this demo that was released? Bruce Swedien was probably talking about a later version, considering he described this song as a ballad.

Wow.

Reading that 90 % hat the demo is weird?? - Could we add a POLL to this thread??

I like the song very very much! - Perfect choise to release it as MJ left it!! - Great work SONY and estate!!!

A POLL about what people think of DBMA would be intresting!

Wow.

Reading that 90 % hat the demo is weird?? - Could we add a POLL to this thread??

I like the song very very much! - Perfect choise to release it as MJ left it!! - Great work SONY and estate!!!

A POLL about what people think of DBMA would be intresting!

Hess, I think the 90% are the ppl that love it, not the other way around. Somebody had a post saying it was 90% negative but by the posts I've seen here and the likes in YT the overwhelming reaction is GREAT!

But I would also love a poll just to confirm it. :D

Is it confirmed that Michael played the piano on this demo that was released? Bruce Swedien was probably talking about a later version, considering he described this song as a ballad.

Is there a way someone could contact Bruce and ask him whether Michael played piano on this version or on another one?

Still trying not to listen to the song until I can buy the single... It's a torture to read all the great reviews!

I like how they finished the songs on the 'Michael' album. Am I the only one who is interested on how a finished version of DBMR would sound like? I wouldn't mind them finishing it now that we have the demo.

Probably, most people (myself included) hate the production on the Michael album and only want true MJ creations. I hope they never mess with his work again.

Now in some Walmarts

182331_4093900788709_341474919_n.jpg

No luck with mine :( , really don't like that store and already visited there twice in 2 days.

Probably, most people (myself included) hate the production on the Michael album and only want true MJ creations. I hope they never mess with his work again.

Yep. The problem with someone else finishing his songs is that that becomes someone else's vision then. It's like a remix: someone else's interpretation of a Michael song, not Michael's. So because of that I prefer demos too. Even if that means the song is unfinished, imperfect but it's at least him.

What happened with amazon.de? It says:

Derzeit nicht auf Lager.
Bestellen Sie jetzt und wir liefern, sobald der Artikel verfügbar ist. Sie erhalten von uns eine E-Mail mit dem voraussichtlichen Lieferdatum, sobald uns diese Information vorliegt. Ihr Konto wird erst dann belastet, wenn wir den Artikel verschicken.
Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon.de. Geschenkverpackung verfügbar.

Did someone get CD from them? It says "Currently out of stock"

I think most European countries release date is the 4th.

How do you come to this conclusion? It`s Friday June 8, also in Germay. Amazon.de also will deliver for Friday. Some German fans says now they could buy a cd today, but the most stores don`t have it yet.

Back