IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Discussion]

Re: IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Around" bonus track [Count Down]

i hope they do the same (release it in a cd with an unreleased song) with all his singles. i would love to have all his singles in cds, his single covers are awesome . and then put them all together for bad25 album.

Originally Posted by Moonwalker.Fan
the choice to release the demo of Dont be messin Around was/is another mega stupid and complete professional failure...

Id like to know who agreed with this...

Most of the fans (90%) really "dont like it"=hate it, they are frustrated.... that such an important project like BAD25 is... is ruined... because of inability be interactive... in the 21st century..., hallo.....

I agree, but the other way round. And by the way not 90-10 but 99-1

the choice to release the demo of Dont be messin Around was/is another mega stupid and complete professional failure...

Most of the fans (90%) really "dont like it"=hate it, they are frustrated.... that such an important project like BAD25 is... is ruined... because of inability be interactive... in the 21st century..., hallo.....

90% ??? Are you serious? Frustrated, ruined??? Sorry but you are crazy
The demo is great, all songs should be like this.

cold.gif

How DARE they release an untouched demo???? :angry:

I just....I can't even.....I mean....THE GALL!!!

Are you being sarcastic? :unsure: because I hope you are lol

respect77;3650493 said:
When was the close to finished version recorded? Any chance that we will hear it? Since Bruce Swedien described it as a ballad it must have changed considerably?

It was being revised and worked on Past the BAd era _ We got the 87 version from BAd era for BAd25 :)

Here is the link to the review and History of the song which has been posted in this thread and also in the BAD25 news thread
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...EAD-NO-Discussion/page4?p=3650507#post3650507

Swedien made it clear that the track was intended for the Thriller album. It finally did not make the final cut. Jackson had a history – like other artists – to develop a song and to discard it at the very last minute to keep the whole set of songs as tight and coherent as possible. The left off songs happened to be cornerstone and iconic ones that were shaped for further releases. Earth Song, first intended for the Dangerous album under the working title What About Us was reworked and polished for HIStory.

Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round is a track that had been in the pipelines many times. It was first considered for the Thriller album, then BAD, and then for further projects. But the version to be released is the actual mix crafted in 1987.

Sound engineer Matt Forger mixed the song for the BAD 25 project and made it clear that the song will be presented « as is »: « I mixed the « Don’t Be Messin’ ‘Round » track from tapes of that era. No new parts were allowed, not even parts that were recorded after ’87 but still done under Michael’s supervision ».

It was being revised and worked on Past the BAd era _ We got the 87 version from BAd era for BAd25 :)

Here is the link to the review and History of the song which has been posted in this thread and also in the BAD25 news thread
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...EAD-NO-Discussion/page4?p=3650507#post3650507
Thanks for the reminder.

Everything untouched or reworked, that's how it's supposed to be done! Period.
I don't mind remixes of the previously released originals, but I'm totally against somebody, anybody messing with original demo tracks.

Thanks for the reminder.

Everything untouched or reworked, that's how it's supposed to be done! Period.
I don't mind remixes of the previously released originals, but I'm totally against somebody, anybody messing with original demo tracks.

I understand what you mean. But I wouldnt mind so much if they enhanced a Demo so it was suitable for a chart release. As Long as they kept the integrity of the song and also published the original demo first or along with it so the original is always noted for posperity and his legacy.

Re: IJCSLY Single with "Don't Be Messin' Round" bonus track [Count Down]

My only knock is I wish they released it on 12" or 7" vinyl.

Originally Posted by Moonwalker.Fan the choice to release the demo of Dont be messin Around was/is another mega stupid and complete professional failure...

I love it i think its great :)

And as for your comment "inability be interactive... in the 21st century" dude the music of today is CRAP! There no longer is any originality to the music of today , its all a bunch of songs that have no meaning and are all bout sex.

It is coming out on 7" vinyl.
My understanding is that IJCSLY is coming out on 7" but with the original b-side (Baby Be Mine) and not Don't be Messin'.

Ok. That makes sense.

Couldn't find the Pepsi cans nor the CD at Walmart :(
Technically, the CD shouldn't be on the shelves of Walmart until the 5th. I think some stores already have them out as a mistake. But let's face it, this is a CD that costs less than $2 and the main song on the CD is from 25 years ago, so I don't think Walmart really cares if it's mistakenly on the shelves early.

My understanding is that IJCSLY is coming out on 7" but with the original b-side (Baby Be Mine) and not Don't be Messin'.
Yeah that's right. Sorry I didn't know you were referring specifically to DBMR. I would like to have it on vinyl also! Too bad that Bad 25 won't be released on vinyl like Thriller 25 was. I understand that Bad 25 will have a lot more tracks than Thriller 25 and will require more vinyl records but I'd be willing to pay for it!

Yeah that's right. Sorry I didn't know you were referring specifically to DBMR. I would like to have it on vinyl also! Too bad that Bad 25 won't be released on vinyl like Thriller 25 was. I understand that Bad 25 will have a lot more tracks than Thriller 25 and will require more vinyl records but I'd be willing to pay for it!
Same! I'm considering getting the picture disc vinyl even though it's just the original album which I already have on vinyl.

How is putting a unreleased BAD ERA demo on BAD25 ruining the project? The Estate is doing is the right way. After the mess that happened with the Michael album, they are going at it the right way. Since Michael came out, fans WORLDWIDE have said with the next release, they want UNTOUCHED MJ songs or demos...that's what we're getting.

Are you telling us, instead of releasing the songs that were created during the era we are celebrating, they should put songs on there that were created later on, that have absolutely no business being there?

thank God you aren't in the music business.

I like how they finished the songs on the 'Michael' album. Am I the only one who is interested on how a finished version of DBMR would sound like? I wouldn't mind them finishing it now that we have the demo.

I like how they finished the songs on the 'Michael' album. Am I the only one who is interested on how a finished version of DBMR would sound like? I wouldn't mind them finishing it now that we have the demo.
I'd like to hear a finished version if there was a more complete vocal to go along with it. If they just use the same vocals as the demo, I don't think it would be that good.

So you don't like it/hate it. Alright. But to project that onto 90% of the fans. Wow, just wow! You must have made a representative poll to make that bold claim.

And how does DBMA ruin the whole Bad25 project? Stop being overdramatic.

I think most fans understand that this is a demo and thus far from being a perfect and polished song. And actually the Estate/Sony DID listen, because after the Michael album this is what most fans wanted: untouched demos! And I too prefer this to someone else's interpretation of a Michael song. Even if demos don't have a chance to chart or to chart high.

Totally disagreed.

I think it was GREAT they released an untouched demo. That song isn't exactly my type as I love more other type MJ songs but I liked it very much. It's really nice funky light song. I don't understand you.

I'm very interested in how the finished DBMR would sound like, but only if Michael finished it.

The only reason the songs on the 'Michael' album were finished by others, is a commercial one. For me that has nothing to do with Michael. I must say I loved the dedication and respect showed by some producers, but it's their work, not Michael's.

Every time I hear one of these songs, I have mixed feelings. Like, would Michael have used that instrument there? or...would Michael ever have released this? And of course, it's a reminder he's no longer here.

I prefer demo's, but I also realize the general public isn't interested in them, so...in order to appeal to the general public the songs have to be finished by others.

Last edited:

I think it sounds quite interesting, although it's nothing special :ph34r:
I gotta give the Estate the props for releasing an untouched song, though. I would definitely prefer it over any kind of finished version done without Michael - I think the songs should be released in the way how Michael last worked on them.

24cwrpd.jpg

I prefer demo's, but I also realize the general public isn't interested in them, so...in order to appeal to the general public the songs have to be finished by others.
I don't necessarily believe that's true. I don't think the general public is interested in unreleased songs period. They just want the hits. I think the posthumous releases should be squarely aimed at fans. We're the ones that are still going to be buying this stuff 20 years down the road if they do the right thing. Just my 2 cents.

Back