I hate my generation (vent).

it's funny how everyone here only mentions fashion and music as the main reason why they hate their generation, is that all there is to life? that alone says a lot about young people today

Of course there's more to life!! But this thread is about the music culture of this generation so we're talking about it. I am very capable of discussing other aspects of life and I am sure other posters are too... but in THIS thread we have created a discussion about mainstream music culture and a general disliking for the music that recieves airplay and attention.

If you would like to discuss something with a different focus that affects young people today then feel free to begin another thread with a different theme :) I'll join you. I love aaall kinds of discussion, I'm educated and socially aware. We all know there's more to life, we're just discussing ONE aspect. :)

yes I know not everybody thinks only about fashion and music but some people tend to be really supercifial I wasn't talking about everyone

In general, music in the 2000s has been complete dog sh*t. I love 70s, 80s and 90s music the best, especially 90s. The only years of music that I like from the 2000s are from the years 2000-2003 and some of 2004. After that, most music, in my opinion, went straight to hell.

In general, music in the 2000s has been complete dog sh*t. I love 70s, 80s and 90s music the best, especially 90s. The only years of music that I like from the 2000s are from the years 2000-2003 and some of 2004. After that, most music, in my opinion, went straight to hell.

AMEN!!! :clapping:

Agreed. I love 70's, 80's, and 90's music. Such good, "clean" music that doesn't result in headaches after 5 minutes of listening to it. ha. There's only a few songs from the early 2000's that I really like.

Mainstream radio drives me absolutely crazy. That is all my friend listens to and everytime I'm with her, she has it playing on her mp3. They repeat the same songs over and over again. Sometimes two of the stations are playing the same song at the same time. Drives me crazy.

Agreed. I love 70's, 80's, and 90's music. Such good, "clean" music that doesn't result in headaches after 5 minutes of listening to it. ha. There's only a few songs from the early 2000's that I really like.

Mainstream radio drives me absolutely crazy. That is all my friend listens to and everytime I'm with her, she has it playing on her mp3. They repeat the same songs over and over again. Sometimes two of the stations are playing the same song at the same time. Drives me crazy.
I am so disgusted by the mainstream radio! :doh: Can't listen to it as well, when I was little and we were in the car I used to nag at my parents every 5 minutes to PLEASE change the radio frequency 'cuz I really went nuts of all the bullshit.
They quickly found out it was better to give me a walkman instead...LOL. Houuurs I've been taping the only songs off the radio I wanted.
Good 'ol times....:hysterical:

Don't even f*cking get me started on mainstream radio. That's the reason why I RARELY listen to the radio anymore. I need radio stations with variety. I don't want to only hear stuff from 2009! I want to also hear stuff from previous years. For example, I remember in high school when "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake was played AT LEAST 10-15 times an hour! I'm like, "Jesus Christ! You do know there's OTHER music out there too don't you?!". I believe that's why the only radio stations I listen to are an old school radio station back in my hometown (60's, 70's, 80's, 90's & early 00's R&B, Soul, Funk and some Pop/Rock), a radio station that plays hits from the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's, and a soft rock station that plays songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. I'm sorry, but I NEED variety. The radio NEEDS more variety; they should really mix up the old with the new. But since most radio stations don't do this, I listen to my iPod 24/7.

Don't even f*cking get me started on mainstream radio. That's the reason why I RARELY listen to the radio anymore. I need radio stations with variety. I don't want to only hear stuff from 2009! I want to also hear stuff from previous years. For example, I remember in high school when "Sexyback" by Justin Timberlake was played AT LEAST 10-15 times an hour! I'm like, "Jesus Christ! You do know there's OTHER music out there too don't you?!". I believe that's why the only radio stations I listen to are an old school radio station back in my hometown (60's, 70's, 80's, 90's & early 00's R&B, Soul, Funk and some Pop/Rock), a radio station that plays hits from the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's, and a soft rock station that plays songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. I'm sorry, but I NEED variety. The radio NEEDS more variety; they should really mix up the old with the new. But since most radio stations don't do this, I listen to my iPod 24/7.

OMG! We share the same hate... I hate radio stations especially the one that claims, "we bring you the greatest hits every day all the time.." Bleh! No, you don't!!!! I cant believe at how much the quality of music has decreased. It's so sad... The 2000's is probably the worst decade for music, overall.

:S
I hate the music generation today.. Everything is about drug , sex and money... I'm 15 and wish I could live in the 60s,70s, and 80s.. THAT was the real music that time.... :(
I listen to this ..

I was a teenager in the 80s and spent two-and-a-half hours in

the bathroom on Friday nights doing my hair before going out.

I even tried paper glue once ( don't ask).

I remember seeing Bubbles in a magazine and going home with a

drum stick from Iggy Pop's concert. LOL

It was fun. YES :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViftZTfRSt8

Last edited:
Well, up until 1982 I was a teen in the 80's. So I just qualify for this thread. Although the music was great they were not easy times. Being a teen is a real drag in general. I didn't even go to my high school prom (1982). I don't envy you teens today for your music but I do envy that you have the internet. There was no internet when I was in school. How lucky you are in that way. :)

Anyway, I quit listening to radio on a regular basis in the early 90's. That's when popular music started to take a bad turn. I feel fortunate that I got to witness 60's, 70's and 80's music as it happened. It wasn't all great. There were some really bad songs then too. But it was fun and mostly non-offensive.

I'm 16. I would like to lived in 70s or 80s... My generation is so silly and have no sense and talent ¬¬

I was definitely born in the wrong generation, I just feel like I can't connect with my generation. I mean I don't drink, smoke or do drugs and yet I'm ridiculed for it. Whenever I tell someone I don't drink I'm greeted with gasps of astonishment and then what usually follows is a discussion on why exactly I don't drink and that I should. It makes me so mad, I don't tell people how to live their lives so why do they tell me how to live mine? Shouldn't it be the other way round anyway? Shouldn't people be more shocked if you do drink? It doesn't say much for society, it's falling apart around us.

I feel like I should have been born in the fifties as I think they had slightly better morals back then and I loved the music and fashion, however I also love the eighties for music so it's a tough one for me but it would be anywhere between the fifties and eighties.

I was definitely born in the wrong generation, I just feel like I can't connect with my generation. I mean I don't drink, smoke or do drugs and yet I'm ridiculed for it. Whenever I tell someone I don't drink I'm greeted with gasps of astonishment and then what usually follows is a discussion on why exactly I don't drink and that I should. It makes me so mad, I don't tell people how to live their lives so why do they tell me how to live mine? Shouldn't it be the other way round anyway? Shouldn't people be more shocked if you do drink? It doesn't say much for society, it's falling apart around us.

I feel like I should have been born in the fifties as I think they had slightly better morals back then and I loved the music and fashion, however I also love the eighties for music so it's a tough one for me but it would be anywhere between the fifties and eighties.

That really sucks that people would try to "convert" you. But all that stuff was popular in the 80s, 70s, and 60s too. I guess the 50s would be a fun place to live... if you're fortunate enough to be white, otherwise you're a 2nd class citizen ;).

Yep! I pretty much agree with this! :jump:

I'm 16 too and i can't stand many of my herd mates cause when I say I like MJ, Queen and James Brown they either say that i'm an old fart or that say I have no musical taste. But of course they do, they listen to 3 doors down, 30stm and smashin' pumpkins!

My word... totally agree!! :clapping: :clapping:

Back