How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I have been a fan since 1990. So ever since I was 5 years old. I have my cousin to thank for that. Although Michael did play a huge role in it.

I am 34 years old male from england and have been a huge fan since Bad came out when I was about 12.
I went to wembly and roundhay park for his dangerous tour, and sheffield for the History tour.

And I will never stop loving him and his music

I'm 25 years old.

I've been a fan since 2001, so that would be 8 years. :)

I'm 29 and have been a fan since 93....

I became a fan through the Will you be there music video, the Jacksons an American Dream and the first accusations...i simply KNEW that this man was innocent and I wanted to do everything to support him!

I will forever be a fan and will forever have a huge place in my heart for Michael!!!

I am 45 been a fan since seeing the J5 cartoons ABC. How long is that?

I'm only 15 and I become a fan when I was 13 - I've accidentally clicked on youtube tribute video "Never vanish - best man Michael". It's deleted now, but someone reuploaded it, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Dt3HD1RIE
I've been shocked when I saw him dancing :D

I am 37 and have been a fan since 1979, so almost 30 years. I learned to rollerskate to Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough. :dancin:

Last edited:

I am 26 years old and have been a fan since the early '90s. So many memories: watching him on MTV at my childhood friend's house (because my family didn't have cable TV yet), performing "Ease on Down the Road" in a dance recital, singing "Heal the World" at summer camp around the campfire, watching the "Thriller" short film every Halloween....

Around HIStory I was old enough to form my own musical tastes and decided MJ was awesome! Couldn't stop dancing around my bedroom to "Scream" feeling lots of youthful angst!

I'll be 21 in December. I can't remember when I wasn't a fan of Michael's. My mom always says I was a fan before I was even born, because she had went to one of MJ's Bad concerts when she was pregnant with me and I kicked throughout the entire thing. :) I guess the height of my fandom started around 8th grade, though, when Invincible came out. Before that MJ's last album came out when I was in like 3rd grade, and when Invincible dropped I was finally old enough to follow every MJ appearance, interview etc on my own.

i'm 24 and i fell in love with Michael in 1992 at the age of 7. up until i was about 12, he was "the king of pop", but soon i realized that he's so, so, SO much more than that. he basically made me who i am, and even though I never actually KNEW him, I always loved Michael the human being much more than i loved Michael the pop star. i'll be honest, i didn't listen to his music too often for the last couple of years, but not a single day went by without me thinking of him. and not a single day will go by without me thinking of him for the rest of my life.

I'm 22. My earliest childhood memory is dancing around to the Dangerous album with my mum when I was about 6 or 7. Once I saw the 30th Anniversary Special I was hooked.

I'm 30 and been a fan for 22 years, the first time I laid eyes on Michael I fell inlove with him.

I am in the 25 age bracket and I've been a fan of Michael since I was 7 years old. When I was seven it was around the time of the Bad era. I was so in love with him and I totally loved Speed Demon & Dirty Diana. My aunt had the Moonwalker movie and I'd watch that movie faithfully along with Purple Rain. I knew all the words & all the dance moves. Michael & Janet are the reasons I fell in love with music and fell in love with dance.

I am cough...cough...cough years old and have been a fan for about 27 years

I've been a fan since I can remember. I used to dance to MJ as a small child. So I'm going to go with almost 25 years! :)

Also, What made you become a fan?, and why are you still a fan today?

I'm 28 and I've been a fan of MJ's since I was in the womb. My mother is also a MJ fan and I grew up on his music. I have a sister who is 12 years old than me who used to teach me and another sister how to do the dances in thriller when we were 5 and 3...lol.

I still love Michael because not only is his music fantastic, his performances out of this world but he has a beautiful heart and soul and to me is someone that is impossible not to love.

Im 25, and have been a fan since i was 4 years old (my mom say) I was dancing in front of the radio and television.. Got Bad on an LP and have just loved him since.... I knew all his lyrics and all his moves... And now im raising my daughter to be the same fan (if possible) as her mother.... He IS and ALWAYS will BE the reason for me LOVING MUSIC and DANCING... and.... he actually is my first love.... I really fell for him... My husband dont mind, he knows michael means the world to me.....

I'm 25, and I've been a fan since I was 3. My sister and I would sit in front of the tv and watch Moonwalker over and over...lol (i miss those days :()

I'm 29 next month and I've been a fan 23 years. I watched Moonwalker over and over too. My younger brother had a silver jacket we got him from NASA in Florida and he used to try and try to do the Moonwalk bless. Most of our childhood we had lots of MJ playing.

Since i was 7. Im 18 now, so 11 years.
I got the moonwalker vid off my cousins when i was 7 and remember having a crush on him. haha. I was just amazed and transfixed with him and his dancing. Nothing has changed.
Although i was quite alarmed by the ghosts clip and couldn't sleep for a week. haha, i finally finished watching the whole thing a couple of weeks ago.

I turned 30 about 2 weeks ago (and wished for better presents than my hero to die :( ), and have been a fan for about 23 years or so. I remember digging him before BAD, but are not sure exactly when the magic began for me.
Why I'm still a fan? Beacuse once you've heard Mike and loved him, there's no turning back. :)

i'm 27 and i'm a fan for 16 years now... i heard about MJ through a friend and i got stuck ever since..

I'm 37. I became a MJ fan when I was 12. Got Thriller for my 13th Birthday and that was all it. I was hooked. :) 25yrs and counting. I have magazines dated 1984. LOL U would think I would feel old.. but I don't.. ;)

I'm 17 now and been a fan since I was 10.
Invincible era :)
Janet fan at first then heard Michael and the rest is history ;)

I'm 23 and I became a fan 5 years ago. And that's one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Since I was 6, but before I was 6 I heard "Rock With You" I loved it but didn't know who was singing it at that time during 1979 or 80 I think, if it counts then I was a fan sine I was 4!!!

I'm 30 years old, and I've loved Michael since I was only 4 years old. Yep... he has played a MAJOR role in my life. I still love him because he is a beautiful, talented, misunderstood soul... and his music is tremendously intertwined to my childhood and so on. I can truly say that when Michael passed, I felt like he had taken a BIG part of me with him.

Back