How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I've been a Michael fan since 1985. Im 24 now. My grandmother bought me the Motown 25 video cassette. I saw him do the moonwalk for the first time and I've been hooked ever since. I even got a chance to go see him live in his Bad Concert in LA.

I'm 15...I first heard of MJ when I was 12...I was obsessed with Beat It for 2 days...then I forgot about it. I was afraid people would make fun of me...
Then about a year later...October 12, 2007. I became a fan cuz I no longer cared what people thought of my fan-ness...Cuz it was because of him I was still alive...After being teased for a year and a half I backed off a fan but upon the news of his death I thought it only proper to do my best to honor him...I felt almost like I had betrayed him...It ate at me for weeks...
But yeah...I'm still here...:happy:

I'm 23 and have been a fan since I was 4...that's as far back as I can remember at least but my parents did listen to his music as well as the Jackson 5

I'm 49, and although I would only call myself a fan since 1979, I have followed his career since he was about 12, when I watched the Jackson 5 cartoon on TV on Saturday mornings. I got to know all their songs. I was about the same age as him ,and I remember reading all about him and his brothers in the music magazines of the day since I was about 13.
Living in the UK, the Jacksons did not tour here very often then, so I only had TV and magazines to keep me up to date (videos and the internet did not exist then!).
I do remember reading in the late 70's, early 80's that he was unhappy with his looks, and didn't understand why girls liked him. I thought he was daft, he was so cute then!

I will be 25 this December. I've been a fan of Michael's music since I was 10 I think. I remember my parents had the "HISTORY" DVD that I loved. Being a kid who though, I really didn't know much about MJ himself...I just knew I loved those videos.

Growing up I always heard the stories of Michael being "crazy" and "weird" and of course the trial stuff...so even though I liked his music, I never listened to it much because I thought I should be embarrassed for liking him. OH MY GOD what a mistake.
It wasn't until he died :'( that I actually started to do more research on the man and ALL of his music. (seriously and very literally...I've watched over 1,000 videos on him since he died) And in doing so I became AWE STRUCK. I am so amazed, inspired, and TRULY TOUCHED not only by his genius talent, but by who Michael was as a person. I can't help but weep, watching him. My greatest regret in life is never getting to know him before he died. I would have tried to go to every damn concert he had!

Even though I didn't know much about him till after he died, somehow the world feels empty without him. I know what a great blessing and gift he was to this earth. But, I also know that he will CONTINUE to be a blessing here even though he is no longer here in physical form. I myself am proof of that...for Michael's passing, opened my eyes to his story...and thus opened me up to the love he carried with him.
I am changing and bettering myself...because of him. He has truly inspired me and I will forever love him for that.

Ive been a fan for about 16 years... See, its a childhood thing.. Once you start loving him as a child you you grow up with his music, its hard to stop. We just love this man to pieces..

I honestly don't remember a point in my life when I was not a fan. When I was 5, I'm sure my attention span wasn't great enough to say I was devoted, but I do remember asking my parents to play Thriller all the time since it was the only MJ album they had. Bad was already out too by then though. I used to just love watching all the videos when they came on. I'd stop in my tracks for that 5-10 minutes. I didn't consider myself a super fan until I was about 13 though. I went through a slight obsessive period with Michael--picking up everything I could get my hands on and that my parents would buy for me. I would listen to HIStory pretty much all day, every day or watch my VHS recordings. lol I eventually grew out of that obsession but he never stopped being my true #1.

well im 17.. ive been a fan since the beginning of 7th grade so i guess i was about 12.. so ive been a fan for about 5 years

I've been a fan since I was 7. So that's 14 years.

I am 18 and i've been a fan since i was14.his dance was beautiful,even after 500 years , people go on becoming his fan.rest in peace michael.i am sure that he will be back to this earth in a new janam[hindi word]means a new life

I'm 34 years old and grew up with MJ's music. My parents are also a huge fan of MJ. So I guess I'm a fan for over 25 years.

I'm 25 and can't really remember for definite WHEN i became a fan but the earliest memory of his music was from when my parents use to play his music in the car on our annual holiday around the mid-late 80's. So about 20 years you can say.

27 an been Mike's devoted fan since i was ten ..that makes 17 years of loving mike.

I'm 24 well 25 next week :) Ive first heard MJs music when bad came out in 1988 i was like 4 then, but i wasnt a major fan until the Dangerous era, I remember when i was 12 i had one of those History toy guitars and Microphone stands man i miss it :( so yeah 15 year if im correct.

I'm 17. His music has been played in my house all my life cos my brother is a fan but i started really loving him when i was about 13. Since then it had been my ambition to get to see him, can't believe i was only 3 weeks away.

well im 17.. ive been a fan since the beginning of 7th grade so i guess i was about 12.. so ive been a fan for about 5 years
Laura MJFan said:
I'm 17. His music has been played in my house all my life cos my brother is a fan but i started really loving him when i was about 13. Since then it had been my ambition to get to see him, can't believe i was only 3 weeks away.

OMG your stories are so like mine.
I'm 17, have been a fan since spring 2005 and became one mostly because my sister was a fan, too.

I'm 27, i've loved michael since i was about 2 yrs old. My earliest memory is dancing round my mum and dads living rm to thriller. I begged to see him when he came to liverpool, aintree but i was only a little kid at the time and my parents said i was too young to go. I used to make my friends watch moonwalker over and over again and do dance routines to all his songs! I was going to see him next week, still can't believe that's not going to happen now. Why am i a fan???? Simple really, his music and dancing is out of this world, it goes without saying, he was a talent beyond comparison. But it's not just about that, michael as a person was the single most selfless, generous person this world has ever been blessed with...............and it will be a poorer place without him.............don't we just know it!

I am 25 and I love Michael since 1991

all my life :) when my mom was pregnant she was listening MJ's music, because she wanted me to love his music even then when I was not born yet. I don't remember the day that Michael's music won't play in our houses. Now I'm 19 and his music is very important part of my life

fan forever!! :D

Im 28. Ive been a fan since 1988. When I got the Bad Album I was hooked on MJ. Just thought he was the incredible singer that excisted. Also still to this day.

I am now 47 and have been a fan for as long as I can remember - my earliest memory is my sister taking me to see Michael as part of the J5 at Wembley in 1972 when I was 10 so I have been a fan for over 37 years now. My kid's who are 15 and 17 have grown up on him and he has always been a part of our lives.

I'm 24, turning 25 in 2 months. I've been a fan for such a long time.
The first time I saw Michael was in cinema actually. I was very small, it was 1989 and we wanted to see The little Mermaid. But there was an advertisement for Disneyland and it included "Captain EO". That was it for me LOL After had the VHS and the commercial I was playin it over and over again. And after that I saw Moonwalker, tried to sing his songs. Yeah, thats my story how I became a fan :)

21, Michael was technically my first concert haha. My mom went to the Bad Tour, 9 months pregnant and she was supposed to be on bed rest. So yep, been a fan since in the womb.

I'm 21, and I have been a fan since I was 4. My mom still had the Thriller and Bad vinyls and I would just stare at the covers. Every Saturday for a long time I watched Moonwalker and was in wonder from start to finish.

I'm 28 almost 29 and I have been a fan since I can remember.
Back in the day my mom and sister were big Prince fans but my Dad was the MJ fan and they'd get into debates about who was better etc...LOL
So MJ's music was always around
I remember my family and I drove to Louisiana in 87 or 88 and my dad bought Bad on cassette
We listened to BAD for 14 hours................
I knew that album better than my own name

After that I sort of followed him but it wasn't until the Dangerous album that I started to become interested in him as a person and not just the music.

I'm 16, I became a fan when i listened to HIStory cassette tapes. I was 4 or 5 i think.

LOL, my mum had HIStory Short Films on video & i used to run to my room when thriller came on :D

I used to sit in my room and hear the screams from the girl, GOD that werewolf scene was terrifying lol

Back