How Did You Spend, MICHAEL's 51st Birthday?

same as the last 15 nothing but mj cds today well i used aol radio insted they have more of his j 5 stuff and the new remix cds on there so

It's been the crappiest MJ birthday in my life. It hurts to think how fun filled the 29th of Augusts used to be...
I was hurting so bad that I could barely move around, like I had some giant sand bag weighing me down.
I couldn't listen to his music, or watch him, god, I think one sound from him would have tipped me right over the edge.
I tried to cope by writing - only this year, I won't send it out...
But I kept writing to him, as that instilled some sense of 'normal'.
At night I went outside, into my back yard, and stood there for a long time, trying to spot one star, but the sky was so cloudy that I could not see a thing.
I sent him out a white baloon with a message, too...
Heh, I'm 26 and I realize that was probably a little childish, but anything to cope, ya know?
And then I lit some candles and just sat in my room, in silence, thinking of the times he was close, remembering him.
It was officially one of the saddest days of my life.

I watched a documentary on mj and the jackson five "american dream" movie....along with the 30th anniversary special....I miss him so much...it is amazing how a person can have such an impact on your life...never met the man...but Gods knows I would have loved to have met him... Miss you Mike...

I have a Peace Lilly plant in my house that over the past few weeks has gone wild with beautiful flowers, so I took the two biggest and brightest flowers off there, and went down to the beach at sunrise, listening to Michael on my ipod.

One flower was for the Michael who has entertained me with his amazing talents, the other was for the Michael who we all loved as a person, such a beautiful spirit.

It was very calm down the beach, not a hint of wind. I walked out to the boat ramp, and dropped them into the ocean, and told Michael I loved him :)

And naturally, listened to Michael the rest of the day :)

I spent the day making kids happy in his honor :(

EDIT: Hey Fluffy_Oz, you just made my night when I saw the Hanson lyrics in your siggy :D

I went to the party Spike Lee was having in tribute of Michael at the park here in Brooklyn, NY with a couple of friends and we had a blast! I wanted to go to the Nokia theater afterwards, but i'm so tired. The only thing I want to do for the rest of the night is watch MJ video's and listen to his music.

I went to the party Spike Lee was having in tribute of Michael at the park here in Brooklyn, NY with a couple of friends and we had a blast! I wanted to go to the Nokia theater afterwards, but i'm so tired. The only thing I want to do for the rest of the night is watch MJ video's and listen to his music.

sounds like you had a blast....would have loved to have went.....:D

I watched my Dangerous tour dvd and then later ill prob pop in some of my MJ cds

:lol: I was there too! My friend wanted me to go with her to the Nokia thing tonight too but I am soo BEAT. I told her yeah, because I was soo FULL of energy after leaving the park, but once I got home took a shower and actually sat down on my sofa I was DONE. I had a great time today though, it was so nice to be outside laughing and singing and enjoying Michael's music with fans.

I love that a few of you ate KFC! So great. :)

So far, I've:
1) Attended Spike Lee's MJ birthday celebration/block party in Prospect Park (see my post in the Fan Gathering section for a description)

2) Donated to Make-A-Wish Foundation. Read so many beautiful stories on their website!

3) Dressed in red and black, which always makes me think of him. :) Also, painted my nails red except for the 1st, 2nd, and 4th fingers on my right hand which I painted white, as a tribute to the finger tape!

4) Lit a candle and spoke some of my prayers/thank-yous to whomever up there chose to listen.

5) Listened to all my favorite MJ music all day. Held it together until I completely lost it about an hour ago as I played "Speechless." Wow, I haven't cried like that in weeks -- I thought I had used up all my tears! -- but it felt cathartic. :weeping:

Since it's still Aug 29th in the USA, I plan to also watch some of the BET specials I DVRed, plus if any creative impulses come, I would love to write a song today for Michael. :girl_guitar:

All in all, a very emotional day. :cry: :heart:

:lol: I was there too! My friend wanted me to go with her to the Nokia thing tonight too but I am soo BEAT. I told her yeah, because I was soo FULL of energy after leaving the park, but once I got home took a shower and actually sat down on my sofa I was DONE. I had a great time today though, it was so nice to be outside laughing and singing and enjoying Michael's music with fans.

Yeah, I totally know what you mean -- it was really fun, but also draining. I also collapsed on my sofa when I got home!

after work, i bought 2 balloons, one yellow and one red. and a cake and candles.

my friend and i were on the phone when we released the balloons outside with our letters to mike attached to it. (her got stuck on a tree the first time lol)

then i blew the candles and made a wish for him.

after work, i bought 2 balloons, one yellow and one red. and a cake and candles.

my friend and i were on the phone when we released the balloons outside with our letters to mike attached to it. (her got stuck on a tree the first time lol)

yes, yes mine got caught in the tree. I just bought a red balloon with yellow things on it and it said happy birthday. When I let my balloon go, it got caught in a tree. So I climbed on the boat we have in our backyard and I had a rake in my hand and got it down with that. Then I finally let it go again and watched it fly away, with my note to Mike attached to it.

yes, yes mine got caught in the tree. I just bought a red balloon with yellow things on it and it said happy birthday. When I let my balloon go, it got caught in a tree. So I climbed on the boat we have in our backyard and I had a rake in my hand and got it down with that. Then I finally let it go again and watched it fly away, with my note to Mike attached to it.

haha it was funny. there you ruined our beautiful/sad moment.

i hope he caught them... *sigh*

:lmao:
sorry, too funny

I dressed up in a Michael T-shirt and glove and the tapes on my 3 fingers. I bought a Cake(cheese cake) different kind of flavors...I watched TV1, VH1, and BET whole DAY!!! and just now(10:30) I lit a candle in my room and listened to "Cry" and then prayed...and its the MOST emotional I've been the whole day...God Bless You ALL for Celebrating...

:angel:~I LOVE YOU MOST MICHAEL~:angel:

I dressed up in a Michael T-shirt and glove and the tapes on my 3 fingers. I bought a Cake(cheese cake) different kind of flavors...I watched TV1, VH1, and BET whole DAY!!! and just now(10:30) I lit a candle in my room and listened to "Cry" and then prayed...and its the MOST emotional I've been the whole day...God Bless You ALL for Celebrating...

:angel:~I LOVE YOU MOST MICHAEL~:angel:

ummm cheesecake.

I made a little video/ speech with a 'Blessing' for Michael. I tried to download it to You Tube, yet it didn't work. Very frustrating. I've never done it before so if anyone would like to give me pointers, that would be nice.

I also saw 'Harry Potter,' to try and get my mind off of things...had a hard time last night. Now, I'm watching Michael's, 'Live in Bacharest.' Kicking myself for never seeing him live...but enjoying the memories and legacy he gave us all.

Bless you Michael.

my three balloons got caught in trees too :(
The wind picked up a little and they drifted off somewhere but I was not able to see. hopefully they went up.
Im going to go outside soon and gaze at the stars.

Back