HIStory world tour Munich 6th July concert

Really the point of the thread was for the audio quality of the clip from the 6th july concert, but nevertheless now we have some idea of what we can have or can't. :D Even the Wembley release didn't have a surround sound audio, for some reason something just falls short :mello: Ofcourse MJ's performance was the main aspect and overshadowed any shortcomings. IMO, still I would love to own a HD HIStory concert and if the european concert is truly HD then I don't see why it should not be released.

Of course. But who knows which shows were shot on film or with HD cameras. We know that Munchen is, but maybe Bremen is also. We can't possibly know.

Also we don't know what is in Estate's possession - example: we know that Wembley was shot on film - but they don't have it, they just had that poor VHS that should have remained unreleased.

Its a pity... seeing the historical aspects of the concert, MJ soldout Wembley BIG time.. it should have gotten the best quality recording enough for a theatrical release. I had seen the Queen's concert movie live in Budapest running in theatres here.. if there 1986 concert could get a theatrical treatment, why not MJ? :cry: I am hoping estate decides to release a concert movie for MJ soon and I wouldn't mind if its Bad, DWT or HIStory.. it just has to be on the big screen! It would definitely outsell that over the top concert movie of One Direction for sure

Really the point of the thread was for the audio quality of the clip from the 6th july concert, but nevertheless now we have some idea of what we can have or can't. :D Even the Wembley release didn't have a surround sound audio, for some reason something just falls short :mello: Ofcourse MJ's performance was the main aspect and overshadowed any shortcomings. IMO, still I would love to own a HD HIStory concert and if the european concert is truly HD then I don't see why it should not be released.

Its a pity... seeing the historical aspects of the concert, MJ soldout Wembley BIG time.. it should have gotten the best quality recording enough for a theatrical release. I had seen the Queen's concert movie live in Budapest running in theatres here.. if there 1986 concert could get a theatrical treatment, why not MJ? :cry: I am hoping estate decides to release a concert movie for MJ soon and I wouldn't mind if its Bad, DWT or HIStory.. it just has to be on the big screen! It would definitely outsell that over the top concert movie of One Direction for sure

My research has confirmed my belief, two shows were filmed in High Definition in 1996 by Gavin Taylor (Proud Of Myself) :)

Last edited:
''Gavin filmed Michael Jackson once for a birthday concert and then for the New Year’s Eve celebration.'' it seems as though the two concerts were Royal Brunei July 16th 1996 & HIStory Tour Brunei December 31st 1996.

Last edited:
Zakk;4050127 said:
''Gavin filmed Michael Jackson once for a birthday concert and then for the New Year’s Eve celebration.'' it seems as though the two concerts were Copenhagen 8.29.1997 & Brunei 31.12.1996

I suppose the birthday concert was Royal brunei. From Wiki-

Taylor worked for Tyne Tees Television (now called ITV Tyne Tees) from 1960 until 1996.[1] He left Tyne Tees in 1996 in order to film The Royal Concert, a performance by Michael Jackson for the Royal Family of Brunei held in July 1996 in Bandar Seri Begawan.[1] He had been offered the Jackson concert job by contacts he had made while directing The Tube during the 1980s.[1]

:doh: Now I remember having read about a brunei concert, it indeed was recorded in HD! A high quality audio of the concert had got leaked in 2013!

[video=youtube;DYwq1W53EY0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYwq1W53EY0[/video]

[video=youtube;vnfb2uTqDn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnfb2uTqDn8[/video]

:wild:

Last edited:
Ah yes, now we can be sure of THAT :D The raw quality of new year celebration concert is also available on YouTube however.

so proud that i proved this information.. i guess the show we'll be getting is HWT Brunei 1996 :) i hope for the release of Royal Brunei in the future as well though ''TELL ME WHAT ABOUT IT'' ;)

RIP Gavin Taylor thank you for documenting two magnificent Michael Jackson shows :heart: i hope your directors work is done justice by both these shows being released on Blu-Ray.

so proud that i proved this information.. i guess the show we'll be getting is HWT Brunei 1996 :) i hope for the release of Royal Brunei in the future as well though ''TELL ME WHAT ABOUT IT'' ;)

Royal brunei in HD. :yes: Chances of HWT Brunei maybe less, MJ had a shaky start with him starting to sing live in Scream but the playback starts in the middle.

However, the audio release of the same concert doesn't have live vocals of MJ. :blink:

Well, this will show the critics how the concert was more dance oriented, it would hamper his singing.. hence the playbacks. :D

Nevertheless, this has a clip of mumbai performance in a good quality:-

There is more. I am sure of it.

edit:- the live singing was a good attempt, IMO. And seeing that we have footages (and maybe more), a HWT concert movie should be considered for SURE.

Royal brunei in HD. :yes: Chances of HWT Brunei maybe less, MJ had a shaky start with him starting to sing live in Scream but the playback starts in the middle.

However, the audio release of the same concert doesn't have live vocals of MJ. :blink:

Well, this will show the critics how the concert was more dance oriented, it would hamper his singing.. hence the playbacks. :D

Nevertheless, this has a clip of mumbai performance in a good quality:-

There is more. I am sure of it.

edit:- the live singing was a good attempt, IMO. And seeing that we have footages (and maybe more), a HWT concert movie should be considered for SURE.

I think the live vocals were played out to the audience in the first verse and that's probably why Gavin decided to leave it in the visual edit.. i actually love his vocals, yes they're a bit rough but that's understandable.. i just love the grit of his voice ;) i would like both Brunei shows on Blu-Ray.. the camera angles etc. look great and i love the color grading that was used also!

I actually prefer Brunei to Royal Brunei. Yes, Royal Brunei had more live vocals, but Brunei had a lot more energy

Last edited:
HIStory Tour Brunei concert would be great to have in HD. Do you have a link where it is being said? :)

They don't atually say how it was filmed in that. They could have used Nocturne Production's equipment because it was part of the tour. I'm just guessing. :)

They don't atually say how it was filmed in that. They could have used Nocturne Production's equipment because it was part of the tour. I just guessing. :)

It was filmed in HD. I can stand by that. Gavin Taylor also filmed the 1992 Bob Dylan 30th anniversary concert, (state of the art equipment) proves he used the same camera set up. Here's the Bob Dylan Concert from 1992 i described. I don't need to explain myself anymore.

Director: Gavin Taylor

Yeah, but filmed for who? I'm sure those films are property of the royal family and not MJ's Estate.

Gavin had personal copies, which he presented to the journal at his private screening room! as you can see from the photo example.. it is indeed High Definition, considering Gavin Taylor is a British director.. i assume when mkgenie said it was ''found in Europe'' that was more than likely the case..

Agreed, i just hope they include a performance of Blood On The Dancefloor from the second leg as a special feature! would also be great if they used some live vocals from the Brunei Multi's for You Are Not Alone, Heal The World & Stranger In Moscow.. wouldn't that be cool? :)

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/forum/71000/71205_1281778942575_full.jpg

No. Mixing vocals and footage from different shows is stupid. It should be released how it happened in history. All those shows are part of history and part of his story. And they deserve to be released the way they happened. If he lip synched, that's how it should be released, because that's how he wanted it to be and that's how it happened.

Gavin had personal copies, which he presented to the journal at his private screening room! as you can see from the photo example.. it is indeed High Definition, considering Gavin Taylor is a British director.. i assume when mkgenie said it was ''found in Europe'' that was more than likely the case..

You can find a copy, you can buy a copy but you can't commercially release it if it's not yours. Royal family would have to give permission if they are the owners. I'm just guessing, maybe MJ was the owner, but I doubt it.

You can find a copy, you can buy a copy but you can't commercially release it if it's not yours. Royal family would have to give permission if they are the owners. I'm just guessing, maybe MJ was the owner, but I doubt it.

The Estate own Michael's image and his likeness, so all footage is copyrighted to them!

The Estate own Michael's image and his likeness, so all footage is copyrighted to them!

copyright is one thing, ownership is another. Estate can't force them to release it if they don't want to. And they are royalty so I guess they don't need any money.

copyright is one thing, ownership is another. Estate can't force them to release it if they don't want to. And they are royalty so I guess they don't need any money.

Well maybe all parties (Gavin, Michael & The Royals) were each given either a W-VHS or a Hi-Vision Laserdisc? those formats are all capable of 1080i output! always possible.

I'm pretty sure they are just going to release the Munich concert. Visually it looks the best of all available HIStory Tour concerts. It doesn't look as dark as many of the concerts.

Well maybe all parties (Gavin, Michael & The Royals) were each given either a W-VHS or a Hi-Vision Laserdisc? those formats are all capable of 1080i output! always possible.

You don't read what I'm trying to say. Whoever hired the guy to film the performance is the owner of the footage. Either royal family hired him and they have all the rights or MJ hired him and MJ's Estate have all the rights.

If MJ hired him then MJ's Estate can release the footage.

If royal family hired him then the Estate can't release the footage without royal family consent (doesn't matter if they have a physical copy) and of course the royal family can't release it because they don't own Michael's image and likeness (they would need Estate's approval).

I'm pretty sure they are just going to release the Munich concert. Visually it looks the best of all available HIStory Tour concerts. It doesn't look as dark as many of the concerts.

You wouldn't appreciate 1080i HD quality for Brunei 1996? :unsure:

You don't read what I'm trying to say. Whoever hired the guy to film the performance is the owner of the footage. Either royal family hired him and they have all the rights or MJ hired him and MJ's Estate have all the rights.

If MJ hired him then MJ's Estate can release the footage.

If royal family hired him then the Estate can't release the footage without royal family consent (doesn't matter if they have a physical copy) and of course the royal family can't release it because they don't own Michael's image and likeness (they would need Estate's approval).

Well answer me this then, why have both Brunei shows been released by Michael's team on VHS?

Back