HIStory world tour Munich 6th July concert

AngelMJ136

Proud Member
So I came across this,

And ofcourse I lost my mind because the audio mix in this sounds different and MUCH better than the version which was released on DVD. Its definitely as close as possible to a LIVE experience. Especially the Billie Jean part :bugeyed I saw the DVD one on YouTube and I am not entirely sure whether that is how the audio really sounds like for the DVD, but still I haven't found such a superior audio quality in any of the Munich concert videos till date. The DVD version is a mix of both 4th July and 6th July performances, I wish we could have footages from both the days with this 5.1 surround sound! This gives me hope that the estate indeed has some really great HD footages of HWT, can we expect them to release it with EXACTLY this audio quality? And is there any more info about footages of the 6th July concert?

You can also hear MJ singing in BOTF in this version!

*correction not the DVD but the televised version of the munich concert. Just read the DVD's release was cancelled -_-

Last edited:
There have been multiple threads about this over the last two years. Yes,it's very unfortunate that when the concert was aired originally,they used a poor audio mix and has been that way forever. I'd love to see the HIStory Tour released on DVD,but not the Munich concert. This was not his strongest performance either night so I feel it'd be a let down if The Estate inevitably decided to release Munich over other concerts.
Personally I'd love to see the Hawaii concert released,since it was his only US concert in this entire tour and the last time he performed on tour in the US. Plus,it's also a concert we've never seen before professionally. They could probably use this audio mix from Munich to enhance the audio spectacle,but still maintain the fact that the show is in Hawaii and remove Munich references obviously.

They should release a Blu-Ray of Leipzig 1997 or maybe a show from 1996 if that would be a possibility, mkgenie said they found a rare format European show that can be released on Blu-Ray and that will be the show they choose.. would be interesting to know more of course.

They should release a Blu-Ray of Leipzig 1997 or maybe a show from 1996 if that would be a possibility, mkgenie said they found a rare format European show that can be released on Blu-Ray and that will be the show they choose.. would be interesting to know more of course.

This!!! I had not heard about this before, what happened there? Is there a thread about it?

Ive said it numerous times if they mix both the 4th and 6th into one show with the best moves, camera angles, etc, cut the boring audience, and use a mix of both the unedited audio aswell as live vocals (perhaps from rehearsals or previous tours). Then convert the concert into 3d and you have one awesome 'new' experience.

Ive said it numerous times if they mix both the 4th and 6th into one show with the best moves, camera angles, etc, cut the boring audience, and use a mix of both the unedited audio aswell as live vocals (perhaps from rehearsals or previous tours). Then convert the concert into 3d and you have one awesome 'new' experience.

I don't think anyone wants to see Munich, i'm really hoping what mkgenie claims.. will be a show that is not available in full! i'd love to know more, but i understand that he has to keep quiet regarding information that come's from his sources. Plus i think including audio from the rehearsals & previous tours are unnecessary as these i'm sure will be released in the future.

But if it turns out that the Europe show is in fact Munich then they probably have no other choice if Munich is the only show with HD cameras.

But if it turns out that the Europe show is in fact Munich then they probably have no other choice if Munich is the only show with HD cameras.

he claims it is a rare format, and that the concert is rare also! his source wouldn't say this if it was Munich!

Yes, the Estate is still doing the project.

But it takes time and money.

I was told by a very important man that they found a rare HD quality concert material in Europe, the format is rare.

But they didn't say which stop.

So they are doing it. but not for this year.

And the 3D HIStory is for theater release.

i have faith that it will be a decent show.. Bremen would be great to see! BOTDF in the red jacket :wild:

Would be amazing if it was indeed a different show but for all we know his performance could be even worse then it was in Munich.

Would be amazing if it was indeed a different show but for all we know his performance could be even worse then it was in Munich.

well i don't know, but i sure hope mkgenie is talking about Bremen!!!! :woohoo:

As you can see this concert is well documented. During May of 1997 Michael was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with the Jackson 5 and also attended the Cannes Film festival for the premiere of the Ghosts short film! In addition Sarah Conner performed in the choir during 'Heal The World'! Just a few reasons why i think Bremen 1997 should be on Blu-Ray for HIStory 20th..

I'm not that bothered about getting the HIStory Tour on Blu Ray cause there's tons of footage of it on youtube.

I'm not that bothered about getting the HIStory Tour on Blu Ray cause there's tons of footage of it on youtube.

Big difference though, there are much better shows from the Tour than Munich.. it shine's a bad light on the theatrical experience that most shows proved to be.

he claims it is a rare format, and that the concert is rare also! his source wouldn't say this if it was Munich!

i have faith that it will be a decent show.. Bremen would be great to see! BOTDF in the red jacket :wild:

Or maybe Estate thinks that what they have found is rare. Maybe they don't know that the Munich concert in HD is widely available. :D

Or maybe Estate thinks that what they have found is rare. Maybe they don't know that the Munich concert in HD is widely available. :D

this is a serious comment right? they are the source for the ZDF upscale that aired in 2010 -_- LMAO... HD isn't a rare format.. Bremen has a lot of coverage.. just look at the Blitz special also! and Michael's meeting with the mayor..

The Bremen one does have a proper documentation and looks promising! IMO, if they can make a collection of performances from different concerts it can make one powerful package, even good enough for a 3D feature for which I am in favor of! The televised munich concert could have been edited better, especially with audio. The audio from the clip that I found was reverberating through my speakers. Somehow, when it comes to a DVD release, like bucharest live, the quality in the audio falls short and doesn't sound so powerful. What I wouldn't give to hear Billie Jean sounding like THAT in the clip :bugeyed

I had read about this in HIStory world tour article on wikipedia. I dunno how the article got edited so much now. There was detailed information of various releases of the concert in different countries. MJ had specifically arranged for recording the munich concert with HD cameras and they assembled the footages from both days for a DVD release.. but it subsequently got cancelled because he wasn't satisfied with it. Now seeing that there is also a HD clip of Bremen and I had come across a short snippet of Mumbai performance in HD, we can be sure that a lot of the tour was recorded in great quality. I just hope this rare european concert is worth it though. It would be great if its Bremen.

The Bremen one does have a proper documentation and looks promising! IMO, if they can make a collection of performances from different concerts it can make one powerful package, even good enough for a 3D feature for which I am in favor of! The televised munich concert could have been edited better, especially with audio. The audio from the clip that I found was reverberating through my speakers. Somehow, when it comes to a DVD release, like bucharest live, the quality in the audio falls short and doesn't sound so powerful. What I wouldn't give to hear Billie Jean sounding like THAT in the clip :bugeyed

I had read about this in HIStory world tour article on wikipedia. I dunno how the article got edited so much now. There was detailed information of various releases of the concert in different countries. MJ had specifically arranged for recording the munich concert with HD cameras and they assembled the footages from both days for a DVD release.. but it subsequently got cancelled because he wasn't satisfied with it. Now seeing that there is also a HD clip of Bremen and I had come across a short snippet of Mumbai performance in HD, we can be sure that a lot of the tour was recorded in great quality. I just hope this rare european concert is worth it though. It would be great if its Bremen.

Just found this, in addition! higher quality & alternate snippets... :punk:

I think there was a show from 1997 which had The Way You Make Me Feel, Off The Wall Medley and Blood On The Dance Floor in the setlist. If that's true then I'd like that show released

I think there was a show from 1997 which had The Way You Make Me Feel, Off The Wall Medley and Blood On The Dance Floor in the setlist. If that's true then I'd like that show released
I'm pretty sure there's not,because TWYMMF was removed in Gelsenkirchen June 15th,and OTW was removed in Tunis and then for good in Kiel. Blood On The Dance Floor started May 31st and was performed until August 19th,but wasn't performed in Oslo (July 2nd).

I'm pretty sure there's not,because TWYMMF was removed in Gelsenkirchen June 15th,and OTW was removed in Tunis and then for good in Kiel. Blood On The Dance Floor started May 31st and was performed until August 19th,but wasn't performed in Oslo (July 2nd).

Actually, Michael performed BOTDF/TWYMMF & OTW Medley Live in Bremen May 31st 1997! Another reason i want it on Blu-Ray.

Great vocal performance here might i add, this is from June 6th so i imagine his vocal was even better May 31st! fingers crossed Bremen 1997 is coming...

I will be suprised if they have other concerts in HD than Munich. If not then the Munich concert would be the only choice. If HIStory Tour needs to be officially released it has to be the HD one.

I will be suprised if they have other concerts in HD than Munich. If not then the Munich concert would be the only choice. If HIStory Tour needs to be officially released it has to be the HD one.

Again, Munich is not rare! mkgenie has a very reliable source.. i have faith it will be one of the better shows from this tour.

Actually, Michael performed BOTDF/TWYMMF & OTW Medley Live in Bremen May 31st 1997! Another reason i want it on Blu-Ray.
Good luck convincing The Estate otherwise.
CHH.gif

If I have to choose between Munchen in HD (blu-ray) and any other show in Wembley quality, I'd choose Munchen anytime.

Good luck convincing The Estate otherwise.
CHH.gif

Otherwise what exactly? the tracks are on youtube.

For one thing, the estate provided the visuals to ZDF from the Munich 1997 masters so it is certain that the Rare material found in Europe that mkgenie implied is certainly not Munich. Another thing, he stated that the HD quality format is rare, i don't see why you're being so sarcastic.. when anything is entirely possible. You don't know anything about the archives. Simple.

Otherwise what exactly? the tracks are on youtube.

For one thing, the estate provided the visuals to ZDF from the Munich 1997 masters so it is certain that the Rare material found in Europe that mkgenie implied is certainly not Munich. Another thing, he stated that the HD quality format is rare, i don't see why you're being so sarcastic.. when anything is entirely possible. You don't know anything about the archives. Simple.
LMAO bye. Of course I know a lot about the damn archives. You really think I'm that f*cking stupid? I'm saying like any fans are going to convince The Estate to release another HIStory Tour concert,since they know damn well that Munich is the easiest accessible MJ concert on the face of the Earth. And we know there are multiple concerts among traders that we're just going to have to be patient for them to leak,because it could take another 5-10 years before we're even remotely close to another official live concert from MJ. Think about how long it took them alone to release Bucharest after 1992 and how long it took them to release Wembley afterwards.
nottoday2.gif

Might be a stupid question but can you transfer something that was shot on tape into blu ray quality? Wouldn't it just be a regular dvd?

LMAO bye. Of course I know a lot about the damn archives. You really think I'm that f*cking stupid? I'm saying like any fans are going to convince The Estate to release another HIStory Tour concert,since they know damn well that Munich is the easiest accessible MJ concert on the face of the Earth. And we know there are multiple concerts among traders that we're just going to have to be patient for them to leak,because it could take another 5-10 years before we're even remotely close to another official live concert from MJ. Think about how long it took them alone to release Bucharest after 1992 and how long it took them to release Wembley afterwards.
nottoday2.gif

I know for a fact that i will be laughing at your petty rude words, when mkgenie's insightful reveal become's a reality. Ciao.

Might be a stupid question but can you transfer something that was shot on tape into blu ray quality? Wouldn't it just be a regular dvd?

Resolution is what matters. For example they transfered VHS resolution on DVD and the result was the same (or even worse than VHS). Basically they released VHS on DVD. In 2012!!! You can't enhance the resolution.

Back