[History concert] From the MJ2040 Spaceship to 3D Cinemas!

Lari

Proud Member
FROM THE MJ2040 SPACESHIP TO 3D CINEMAS!

John Branca, one of the administrators of the Estate, announced today during the press conference of the film "BAD25" in London that Michael Jackson's Estate will launch, as one of their next projects, the legendary last tour of the King of Pop in DVD and Blu-ray 3D.

The "HIStory Tour", which filled the stadiums throughout the world between 1996 and 1997, would also be released in theaters, according to Branca.

423824_458242147553946_1157851751_n.jpg

PS: Before anyone says anything, the source of this article is MJ's brazilian fan club MJBeats, which is a pretty reliable source. They say it's confirmed news, but I didn't find anything about this anywhere else. So we can only wait and hope.

Re: From the MJ2040 Spaceship to 3D Cinemas!

Its true - very exciting news.. :wild: Our own members that atteneded the BAD25 Documentary in UK Today said Branca said the same thing. They are discussing that and much more in the BAd 25 Documentary fan review thread.

This will be highly embarassing if it does.

A great spectacle. But from a purely musical aspect, this will be utterly slated.

3D? Wow - can't wait for that!

Can't wait. This is a good time to be a MJ fan.

This will be highly embarassing if it does.

A great spectacle. But from a purely musical aspect, this will be utterly slated.

Agreed. It was 90% playback. It'll do more damage than good as far as his legacy and the goodwill for him goes.

Agreed. It was 90% playback. It'll do more damage than good as far as his legacy and the goodwill for him goes.

That concert was shown dosen of times around the world the last 15 years. YT is full of it. It hadn't done any damage, how is going to do any now.
Damn, that drama queen attitude makes me puke.

And Branca said he'd like to do, not that is going to happen for sure. So don't see why this is handled and taken serious as its been official.

This was probably the worst HWT show in my opinion. Sure it has remixed audio with "pow" drums and nice camera angles, but MJ's health was not its best during this time and there are many moves that he missed. His live vocals here were at its worst.

Take Billie Jean for example. He doesn't land on his toes after the moonwalk or at the end dance do the "hop-and-point" where everybody yells "ho!... ho!..." or the 4-corner moonwalk! The only thing I like about the performance was the moonwalk and "robot bend" which were surprisingly smooth.

Unfortunately the estate will just say they have a shortage of MJ concerts and that this is the only one they can release.

He looks much more healthy and in a better mood in the Leipzig concert (the part with the bug on stage is from here).

If they can get a hold of Copenhagen or something else it would be better. Singapore's Channel 5 has a good quality copy but they've "copyrighted" it so nobody can upload it on Youtube with their watermark. But that needs to be restored a little as they messed around with the sound and decided to censor scream with a crappy dub!

Well if the project does come to light fans can make thier request if there is a better quality concert.
Its not definate.. . And the Estate does listen. There are pros and cons _ they know what they have.

Well it's just something Branca would like to do, not official, but gold pants on the big screen in 3D...:naughty:

But still I really want Ghosts on blu-ray to be the next project. It deserves a proper release by now.

Well it's just something Branca would like to do, not official, but gold pants on the big screen in 3D...:naughty:

But still I really want Ghosts on blu-ray to be the next project. It deserves a proper release by now.
First it's HIStory20, then directly after H20 Ghosts20 comes to my mind.

And yay, it's my 500th post :)

This is very exciting news! I really hope that HIStory will also be shown in theaters in Europe, especially Holland!! What great joy to see Michael on a huge screen in 3D no less!!! I'm excited and looking forward to it eagerly!!!!!!!

Every show on the tour was 90% playback? How does anyone know what particular concert will be released? Could they combine the setlist from different shows?

Certainly a lot to look forward to. Michael's legacy seems to be safe in the hands of the estate.

no two shows are alike for any artist. It isn't quite like the movie 'ground hog day'. most likely, MJ was going to moonwalk differently for every performance..sing here or there, differently from concert to concert. And HIStory was during tough times with the record company. To me, Michael always put on a good face, and i was always struck by the magic.

Releasing the HIStory Tour in theartres is a terrible idea. All songs except Wanna Be Startin Somethin and Jackson 5 Medley are lip synced. Critics will tear it apart. I'd rather see Dangerous or BAD Tour released in theartes

Last edited:

This is so exiting! HIStory is my favourite era.

Howd I know coming into this thread there'd already be negativity :yawn:

I love HIStory tour. Amazing tour. Can't wait for the release.

Also if the show they decide to go with is Munich then it would be an even more terrible idea. Munich is by the far the weakest/one of the weakest performances on the HIStory Tour

While Im excited that it will be released on blu ray and non- fans will have the chance to experience an MJ concert experience beyond the Bad and Dangerous years,I'd rather if they released a different Dangerous one instead of HIStory,cause we have like,9 or 10 full pro concerts from this tour,a couple of them being in HD(if you count the Mediacorp HD Copenhagen one.)I dont mind the playback at all,its just that we have a lot of footage from this tour already,unlike Bad and Dangerous.But still,it will be cool to finally have an MJ concert officially released on Blu ray.

If this ever does get released then i wonder what kind of rating it will get? I can imagine the rating being pretty high because of the werewolf/werecat transformation scene at the start of Thriller

I'd be so happy if this came out! The HIStory tour was never shown on TV in the USA. So I've never seen a complete showing of it. I've seen bits of it on youtube, but that's not the same as watching the whole show on a TV screen. In the USA, I would think there is a big market for a HIStory tour show being that it wasn't shown on TV at all.

I'd be so happy if this came out! The HIStory tour was never shown on TV in the USA. So I've never seen a complete showing of it. I've seen bits of it on youtube, but that's not the same as watching the whole show on a TV screen. In the USA, I would think there is a big market for a HIStory tour show being that it wasn't shown on TV at all.

To tell you the truth I would guess there to be a big market for anything official in HD with Michael on the stage and not only in the USA! Release another HWT in HD, maybe for H20. Release another DWT, maybe for D25. With a proper documentary including behind the scenes, never before seen footage, possibly a cinema release, anything Michael WILL get HUGE attention.

And don't forget Victory Tour and the 30th!!! Branca, please, don't stop doing what you've been doing until now!!!

Longtime fans will realise the little flaws, missed steps and notes, but I don't think these will be obvious to the casual fan or non-fan. This was Michael's last, so the staging and illusions are the closest to modern technology, plus from my own experience of seeing Munich on video for the first time years back- I was blown away. So for most first time viewers, I expect it will be similar.

This is probably something the Estate is planning for masses and not just Michael's hardcore fan base. The constant complaining of certain fans is tiring.

Longtime fans will realise the little flaws, missed steps and notes, but I don't think these will be obvious to the casual fan or non-fan. This was Michael's last, so the staging and illusions are the closest to modern technology, plus from my own experience of seeing Munich on video for the first time years back- I was blown away. So for most first time viewers, I expect it will be similar.

This is probably something the Estate is planning for masses and not just Michael's hardcore fan base. The constant complaining of certain fans is tiring.
It was waaay worse when "This Is It" was being prepared. Just about 2 day's before Michael died complaints were coming in about the Sound System was terrible at the 02 Arena in London.

I never learned so much about the HIStory tour from all the different fan's who attended the "HIStory" concerts and exactly where Michael lipsynched , it was truly a learning experience. Although most didn't like it!

Parte-2 Michael Jackson History Tour Backstage - Blitz Special (Germany) By Vallevision

Yessur!! This will be awesome!! Super pristine audio quality and crisp video quality and even in 3D!! My home theater is READY!

The question is, WHEN WILL THIS BE RELEASED?

Munich wouldn't be one of MJ's HIstory Tour best performance but its what Michael wanted and that was his vision for this to be released and fans, whether die hard or not, to experience this concert HD. To me this is a wonderful idea and in 3D! Keep it up Branca!

Munich wouldn't be one of MJ's HIstory Tour best performance but its what Michael wanted and that was his vision for this to be released and fans, whether die hard or not, to experience this concert HD. To me this is a wonderful idea and in 3D! Keep it up Branca!

You're right Michael did originally intend for Munich to be released but he himself wasn't happy with his performance so he pulled the plug on the release

Last edited:

Please not munich!!!!!!!!!

Every show on the tour was 90% playback? How does anyone know what particular concert will be released? Could they combine the setlist from different shows?
More than likely it's Munich since they probably have the masters.

I'd rather them release Copenhagen (which Singapore Channel 5 has in decent quality) or Brunei (which is unfortunately in the hands of greedy fans)

Back