Have you ever seen MJ in concert?

September 7th 2001!! "The Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Concert,Celebration!!" Held at Madison Square Garden in New York!! I paid $438 to sit on upper right side of the stage, I sat approx 100 feet up above from where Michael sat down below at a table with Elizabeth Taylor on one side and Macaulay Culkin on his other side,he sat being honored for the first 2 hours of the show in the audience with his fans and loved ones all around him,I could watch his back in that sparkly like diamonds white jacket he wore!! Girls he really is a very handsome man but even more so in person his pictures can't compare to the real McCoy!! I got to see him reunite with all his 5 of his brothers and then him alone doing his solo hits,"TWYMMF,""Black or White,""Beat It!!""BillieJean,"and newly released "You Rock My World!" Michael is indeed a very fast dancer going from one end of that stage to another,he is magical to watch him live in person is something you never forget!! 20,000 fans were there for two separate concerts one on Friday the other on Monday 09/10/2001,when Michael took the stage finally with his brothers first the flash bomb that went off was deafening my ears were still ringing later as Michael slowly rose from below the stage in an outfit very similar to the one he wore in the "HIStory" tour except he wore all white 20,000 people started screaming I thought the roof was going to come off the place!! He had been sitting with us the first two hours but what we all had been waiting for was the man himself singing and dancing,several times in between honories fans would chant "Michael!! We Want Michael!!!" We were trying to get some kind of reaction from Michael by doing that it got so loud it would have been rude of him to not acknowledge it he finally stood up and one point very fast and just did like a dance pose with his right arm up and pointed his finger to the sky like saying "Here Iam!!" We all went nuts "He heard us whooo!!" LOL!! It was a totally awesome night and it took me alot of hard work and long hours at my job to go this event but I would do it again in a heartbeat he is worth every penny to see live!! I hope alot of you will get your chances yet!!? Keep The Faith!! God Bless You!!

I have seen him twice.

14. August 1997 in Copenhagen, Denmark

7. September 2001 in MSG, New York City.

September 7th 2001!! "The Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Concert,Celebration!!" Held at Madison Square Garden in New York!! I paid $438 to sit on upper right side of the stage, I sat approx 100 feet up above from where Michael sat down below at a table with Elizabeth Taylor on one side and Macaulay Culkin on his other side,he sat being honored for the first 2 hours of the show in the audience with his fans and loved ones all around him,I could watch his back in that sparkly like diamonds white jacket he wore!! Girls he really is a very handsome man but even more so in person his pictures can't compare to the real McCoy!! I got to see him reunite with all his 5 of his brothers and then him alone doing his solo hits,"TWYMMF,""Black or White,""Beat It!!""BillieJean,"and newly released "You Rock My World!" Michael is indeed a very fast dancer going from one end of that stage to another,he is magical to watch him live in person is something you never forget!! 20,000 fans were there for two separate concerts one on Friday the other on Monday 09/10/2001,when Michael took the stage finally with his brothers first the flash bomb that went off was deafening my ears were still ringing later as Michael slowly rose from below the stage in an outfit very similar to the one he wore in the "HIStory" tour except he wore all white 20,000 people started screaming I thought the roof was going to come off the place!! He had been sitting with us the first two hours but what we all had been waiting for was the man himself singing and dancing,several times in between honories fans would chant "Michael!! We Want Michael!!!" We were trying to get some kind of reaction from Michael by doing that it got so loud it would have been rude of him to not acknowledge it he finally stood up and one point very fast and just did like a dance pose with his right arm up and pointed his finger to the sky like saying "Here Iam!!" We all went nuts "He heard us whooo!!" LOL!! It was a totally awesome night and it took me alot of hard work and long hours at my job to go this event but I would do it again in a heartbeat he is worth every penny to see live!! I hope alot of you will get your chances yet!!? Keep The Faith!! God Bless You!!

wow, thanks for sharing!:yes:

I don´t know if we already have a thread about meeting MJ in person, but did anyone of you meet him? :)

6 times in concert. 7 if u wanna class WMA

Last edited:
I seen Michael 6 times live the concerts I went to were

History Concert in Dublin and 2 in Paris (thanks to my friend Derv she let me stay with her while those cocnerts were on)

MJ & Friends Munich 1999

Madison Square Gardens Concerts both nights :D

I think out of all 6 i prefered the MSG ones

Last edited:
Michael in concert

I went to a Dave Matthews Band concert last night and while they put on a great show, I find myself a lot of the time not even watching but rather talking with people and just listening to the music. When I watch videos of Michael in concert I can't take my eyes off of him and its constantly exciting. I've never been to one of his concerts so I'm praying that he performs again at some point. What's it like to see Michael live?

Re: Michael in concert

Seeing Michael live is amazing.
Even though I may have been a toddler then :hysterical:, and don't remember much, the concert I went to with my mom, she was carrying me the whole time, everybody was just cheering and in a great mood watching the King of Pop perform on stage. I don't know how else to explain it, its' just that Michaels' shows are not like anyone elses'. He moves around a lot on the stage, with his awesome dance moves, plus all the show effects/tricks, its' really entertaining. I remember one some stuff, but I remember when he performed the song 'HIStory', he was running everywhere, and just singing to the crowd, in front of the dancers holding the flags. :wub: My mom said I went to cooperated in the Heal The World performance too (one of the kids on stage) ! :mello: I don't even remember but I'm like okaaay, omg cool Moom! :wild: And shee said everyone was holding hands and stuff. lol sweet. Its' something that family can go to, where all people can go

Last edited:

I went to a Dave Matthews Band concert last night and while they put on a great show, I find myself a lot of the time not even watching but rather talking with people and just listening to the music. When I watch videos of Michael in concert I can't take my eyes off of him and its constantly exciting. I've never been to one of his concerts so I'm praying that he performs again at some point. What's it like to see Michael live?
Unlike any experience you've had and I'm serious about that. I don't know what it is, but after his show, you float to the parking lot.

The energy, the electricity, the elevation of your very soul -- it's quite magic!

I don't know if he can recreate what he did in the 80s and 90s, but judging from the 2001 anniversary concerts, MJ can still create excitement and joy from his performances...

Good question! I hope that others will share their experiences as well.

Hopefully one day you will get to go and be a part of Mr.Jackson's Concerts. I have been to many different Artist concert (s) and I must comment Mr.Jackson's are the "most exhilerating"..!

I also must comment that Ms.Janet's Rythm Nation Tour was quit impressive and very enjoyable.

Heal The World~~~"Education Is The Key"

First off, talking under a concert is very frustrating for the other people that is there. Those people annoy me a whole lot GRRrrrr lol

I saw him in 97. And to be honest, I don't remember much. It was a blur. Luckily me and my friend got pretty close, only five or so people were standing before us. Maybe that is the whole reason why I don't remember much. I was too close! I was mesmerized. =)

It was, though, a lot of clapping, cheering, wowing, screaming, dancing, sweating, heart beating during that concert. It was so fun to finally hear and see him live for the very first time. It was almost unreal when he first entered the stage. It's like you don't believe Michael Jackson actually are gonna crab the mic and dance just a few meters from where you stand. It's NOT normal. LOL.

One song I remember is Beat It. When they hit the base and guitars the stadium was on fire!

I can't really describe how it is other than it's amazing. A legend. A concert packed with one of the worlds greatest history in music.
=)

Last edited:

Im going to merge this with the "have you ever seen MJ in concert?" thread on Michaelmania as both topics are quite the same :)

not yet...Ive only been a fan for a few years and the last time he went on your i was just a kid...
I'm really really hoping he will go on tour for this next album though..

I know he has mentioned that he dosen't like to tour...but there are so many new fans that haven't had a chance to see him...

PLEASE TOUR MICHAEL!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
No I've never met him,I wish I could Michael's so wonderful!! 100 feet away was close enough I felt his aura at least!! So for now I'm fine you never know what the future can bring!! Thank you,God Bless You!!

Sadly ive never had the honour to see the master at work,But no amount of money will stop me seeing him if he tours or does a one off show.

I guess most of the new generation of fans havent... :(

I guess most of the new generation of fans havent... :(

We should organize a fan event...!!! You know, organize some HUGE screen and then project one of MJ's best live concerts on it and fans could stand in front of it and watch (and pretend they are IN the concert!! :lol:). It's better than nothing. And if there are tons of fans "pretending" :)lol:), you should be able to get the concert feeling a little. I know it's nothing like the real thing....but better than nothing. :) I know I'd wanna go! :yes: You know, when you have a good sound system with teh music blasting out...I think it woudl be fun! :)

Last edited:
no:( he doesnt perform in america much, so i cant really see him because i cannot travel to other countries. and if he were to perform in america again, it would be in new york. its just not fair, but oh well. all i can do is hope for the best.:)

Back