drugs

MJ~And~Me

Proud Member
What do you think of drugs ? And what do you think should be Legalised if any ?:unsure:

They should all be legalized. It's up to people to think about their future, and see why drugs shouldn't be a part of it--they make things more difficult in the long run. I don't really care if some idiot wants to be a meth addict--he was born free as a human being, and it's his right to throw his life down the toilet if he wills it so. The thing is, when there's a will, there's a way, and no matter how illegal we make it to obtain drugs, people will find a way to obtain them underground, where the problem silently grows behind our backs, as it has been doing. It's very similar to prohibition, in a way. The only thing we've achieved by making these drugs illegal is line the pockets of terrorists, drug fiends, and drug cartels, by having them monopolize the drug industry and basically call the shots as far as drug prices go. If there was a legal, cheap way to get drugs, we'd either force them to match down our prices, or we'd drive them out of business altogether (the more desirable option.)

As for alcohol, I think people from age 15 on up should be permitted to drink. You'd get a lot less stupidity, interestingly enough, by lowering the drinking age. I always found it curious that the United States is one of the countries with the highest drinking ages (21) and yet, it is also the one where the youth has the most problems with their drinking. That alone should tell you that there's something seriously wrong with the status quo. The idiots at MADD are the ones ruining it for everyone, though, with their constant lobbying whenever someone proposes to lower the drinking age like in Europe. The only thing we've achieved by making alcohol taboo until you're 21 is making American children pitifully ignorant about alcohol. They go and drink anyway, in their stupid parties, and end up overdosing on stuff they don't know how to handle and die accordingly, thus creating a great tragedy for whoever knew them personally and liked them as a human being. On the other hand, I guess it's good population control.

(There's no such thing as drugs, alcohol, sex, or dancing in our God-fearing America, the best country in the world, and the only one we can recognize in a world map.)

The reason why I opt for a lowered drinking age is the same reason why I support legalizing drugs altogether--they're more of a problem if they're illegal and thus ironically unregulated, than they are if they are legalized and regulated.

We could also tax the Hell out of them, and fix our economy.

Last edited:
They should all be legalized. It's up to people to think about their future, and see why drugs shouldn't be a part of it--they make things more difficult in the long run. I don't really care if some idiot wants to be a meth addict--he was born free as a human being, and it's his right to throw his life down the toilet if he wills it so. The thing is, when there's a will, there's a way, and no matter how illegal we make it to obtain drugs, people will find a way to obtain them underground, where the problem silently grows behind our backs, as it has been doing. It's very similar to prohibition, in a way. The only thing we've achieved by making these drugs illegal is line the pockets of terrorists, drug fiends, and drug cartels, by having them monopolize the drug industry and basically call the shots as far as drug prices go. If there was a legal, cheap way to get drugs, we'd either force them to match down our prices, or we'd drive them out of business altogether (the more desirable option.)

As for alcohol, I think people from age 15 on up should be permitted to drink. You'd get a lot less stupidity, interestingly enough, by lowering the drinking age. I always found it curious that the United States is one of the countries with the highest drinking age (21) and yet, it is also the one where the youth has the most problems with their drinking. That alone should tell you that there's something seriously wrong with the status quo. The idiots at MADD are the ones ruining it for everyone, though, with their constant lobbying whenever someone proposes to lower the drinking age like in Europe.

The reason why I opt for a lowered drinking age is the same reason why I support legalizing drugs altogether--they're more of a problem if they're illegal and thus ironically unregulated, than they are if they are legalized and regulated.

are u serious? what about young teenagers(like 10-13)? they r too young to know what they do and r manipulated by teenagers.
theres no way drugs should be legalized.

are u serious? what about young teenagers(like 10-13)? they r too young to know what they do and r manipulated by teenagers.

I agree there should be an age limit on alcohol and drugs:yes:

Yes, I'm pretty serious. Children have no business hanging out with teenagers anyway. Their fault for being stupid.

Well, personally I would never take drugs and that includes alcohol and tobacco. Although the latter two are more for practical reasons rather than principle: I don't respond well to alcohol and tobacco is just disgusting to me (the smell alone makes me sick). However, I do appreciate the drug policy in my country (the Netherlands) even though we get a lot of flack for it internationally. Here, there is a clear distinction between "soft drugs" (e.g. marihuana) and "hard drugs" (e.g. alcohol, tobacco, cocaine, etc.) Soft drugs are considered to entail an "acceptable risk" and are therefore allowed to be sold in specific places (coffeeshops, smart shops) under government control. Hard drugs are considered to entail an "unacceptable risk" (usually determined by degree of addictiveness and health effects) and are therefore illegal, with the exception of alcohol and tobacco. Whether soft or hard, drugs are not allowed to be traded or sold on the street in any case. It is allowed to grow a limited amount of marihuana (max. 5 plants) at home though. This is also often used as a medicine for people with rheumatism or similar problems.

The main focus of the Dutch drug policy is on informing the public (esp. youngsters) of the dangers and effects of drugs. Then, when they are old enough (18+) they decide whether they want to try it or not. This is much more effective than prohibiting drugs altogether, as statistics show. For example, only 22.6% of Dutch citizens ever used cannabis in their lifetime compared to 42.2% in the USA (source). As for cocaine, the annual use in the Netherlands is 1.1% compared to 2.8% in the USA (source). Tobacco: average American smokes 1196 cigarettes per year compared to 888 in the Netherlands (source). I can't find the statistics for drug-related deaths right now but I do know it is much higher than in the NL. In other words: there is no proof whatsoever that legalisation of certain drugs leads to higher drug use, provided the general public is informed about the dangers and effects of drugs.

That said, I strongly disagree with Bloodnofsky's suggestion to lower the ages for drinking alcohol to 15. Alcohol is classified as a "hard drug", it is much more dangerous than most people realize. Particularly at a younger age, drinking alcohol can leave permanent brain damage. I forgot the details but there is a part of your brain that still develops when you're a teenager and alcohol disrupts this process, which leads to less concentration and reactionary abilities (there was a test where they measured the response of the brain when signs of a cross were replaced by signs with a circle and the brains of those who started drinking early responded much slower). So, it is bad for a child's development. Also, a 15-year-old is generally nowhere near responsible enough to be able to handle this and saying it's their problem is simply bad parenting imo. In the NL the legal drinking age is 16 (and 18 for strong liquor) but my brother (who is 16) is still only allowed to drink on special occasions. If it were up to him though, he'd get drunk every week. He is still a child after all and doesn't think too far ahead, like most people his age.

If someone wants to do drugs, they'll do it. Whether they can get it over the counter or not, isn't that big an obsticle.

Wow... I can only assume you have no children of your own!

Yes, I do, and I resent them. Just kidding.

No, and I never will. I would make a lousy parent, and I am simply neither willing nor able to put my life aside and devote it to the raising of children, especially when we're already overpopulated in this world.

In any case, children have no business hanging out with teenagers. It's not the child's fault--it's the parents' for not seeing who their children are playing with. Making drugs illegal in no way makes it harder for children to access them--just the opposite, actually. The drug dealers hang out at schools for a reason, because they know that's where the interest is. If they were put out of business, kids would have to go to the store for drugs, where at least we know where to find them.

Last edited:
I would never do drugs nor do I do any tobacco products. And I am a very rare drinker of alcohol products. Any way I personally think drugs should all be illegal except for medical marijuana. I am totally against drugs of any kind. I don't see the reason of using them. But I personally do believe people who do medical marijuana has helped them with whatever pain or disease they are dealing with. Especially when other medicines have other failed them.

Bloodnofsky;3218955 said:

As for alcohol, I think people from age 15 on up should be permitted to drink. You'd get a lot less stupidity, interestingly enough, by lowering the drinking age. I always found it curious that the United States is one of the countries with the highest drinking ages (21) and yet, it is also the one where the youth has the most problems with their drinking. That alone should tell you that there's something seriously wrong with the status quo. The idiots at MADD are the ones ruining it for everyone, though, with their constant lobbying whenever someone proposes to lower the drinking age like in Europe. The only thing we've achieved by making alcohol taboo until you're 21 is making American children pitifully ignorant about alcohol. They go and drink anyway, in their stupid parties, and end up overdosing on stuff they don't know how to handle and die accordingly, thus creating a great tragedy for whoever knew them personally and liked them as a human being. On the other hand, I guess it's good population control.

(There's no such thing as drugs, alcohol, sex, or dancing in <i>our</i> God-fearing America, the <i><b>best</b></i> country in the world, and the only one we can recognize in a world map.)

:eek:
I recognize the map of the world. I hope that you look to that map as well. Once you look at the world map it will open your mind. Free yourself.

I remember back when the drinking age in The States was 18 years of age,then the Regan Admin. billed and it changed to 21 years of age in 1984.
It was Michael Jackson himself who seen the problem with teens not being educated properly on the dangers and in 1984, donated "Beat It" as backing music for a commercial on drunk driving. Jackson agreed and it was arranged for the singer to be awarded with an honor from the President of the United States, Ronald Reagan. Prior to collecting the award, President Reagan sent Jackson a telegram, which read:

&#8220;Your deep faith in God and adherence to traditional values are an inspiration to all of us. You've gained quite a number of fans along the road since "I Want You Back" and Nancy and I are among them. Keep up the good work, Michael. We're very happy for you.&#8221;

Drunk Driving Prevention Ad Council PSA Michael Jackson Beat It
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1UIMBQkafM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1UIMBQkafM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think the drinking age in America is okay.

This gives time for parents and children to learn and be educated about the risks of drinking in an irresponsible manner, and be responsibile.

It's not only in The States that teens go to "stupid parties" It is not the law that lures teens into drinking it is the alcohol itself and a factor of other things..influence etc. It boils down to being taught and educated..moral and manners by the adults in this World

Drugs might as well be legal. These huge drug wars, cartels,money etc. it may as well be legal like alcohol. I am just not sure if man kind can handle this responibility since we can not even manage our planet earth and resolve prejudices and wars, single minded thinking. It's up to us.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1USSb9o6Ws?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1USSb9o6Ws?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

souldreamer7;3219982 said:
:eek:
I recognize the map of the world. I hope that you look to that map as well. Once you look at the world map it will open your mind. Free yourself.

I remember back when the drinking age in The States was 18 years of age,then the Regan Admin. billed and it changed to 21 years of age in 1984.
It was Michael Jackson himself who seen the problem with teens not being educated properly on the dangers and in 1984, donated "Beat It" as backing music for a commercial on drunk driving. Jackson agreed and it was arranged for the singer to be awarded with an honor from the President of the United States, Ronald Reagan. Prior to collecting the award, President Reagan sent Jackson a telegram, which read:

&#8220;Your deep faith in God and adherence to traditional values are an inspiration to all of us. You've gained quite a number of fans along the road since "I Want You Back" and Nancy and I are among them. Keep up the good work, Michael. We're very happy for you.&#8221;

Drunk Driving Prevention Ad Council PSA Michael Jackson Beat It
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1UIMBQkafM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1UIMBQkafM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think the drinking age in America is okay.

This gives time for parents and children to learn and be educated about the risks of drinking in an irresponsible manner, and be responsibile.

It's not only in The States that teens go to "stupid parties" It is not the law that lures teens into drinking it is the alcohol itself and a factor of other things..influence etc. It boils down to being taught and educated..moral and manners by the adults in this World

Drugs might as well be legal. These huge drug wars, cartels,money etc. it may as well be legal like alcohol. I am just not sure if man kind can handle this responibility since we can not even manage our planet earth and resolve prejudices and wars, single minded thinking. It's up to us.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1USSb9o6Ws?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1USSb9o6Ws?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know. Making alcohol illegal only really makes it harder for people to track these kids down. It doesn't, in truth, deter anyone. In case people haven't figured it out, it's called having friends who are over 21, or people who are over 21 and would do anything for the right price. They're not too hard for a teenager to find.

Those commercials don't really prove anything as far as the detriments of having 18 be the legal drinking age are concerned. The drinking age is now 21, and last time I checked, drinking and driving is still a big problem. The initial problem, of course, was lack of proper education--again, people not knowing how much to drink. Obviously, the problem is still unresolved, as we still have massive drinking and driving problems. Therefore, raising the drinking age didn't really do us any favours. We avoided, and are still avoiding, reality, and that is--most young Americans don't know how to drink properly, and have yet to understand that they can't drive when they're drunk. <---That, to me, seems to be the thing to address, not the drinking age.

The drinking age in America as of present is obviously still a big problem. American parents don't teach their children how to drink properly. The only reason the alcohol is so attractive to teenagers is because it is forbidden to them. Most of them are curious about it, and think it's cool to drink in large parties, et cetera. They haven't been taught how to drink properly--they get their ideas from the media (i.e. any film which is about young adults or teens.)

It seems stupid and hypocritical to glamourize ad glorify irresponsible drinking in mass media, while sending out a message that it is not OK. Contradicting messages confuse people, and America is, by large, the biggest culprit. They're the ones with the strict anti-alcohol laws and the ones who fight against sex education the most, and yet they're the ones who have the highest rate of irresponsible behaviour in both alcohol and sex related issues. The stance of ignoring those aspects of the world in a futile attempt to save their kids' innocence only makes things worse--the children are going to get their information elsewhere, and like I said in my original post with the meth addict, when there's a will, there's a way.

The law as it is at present doesn't do us any favours when it comes down to lowering the impact of irresponsible behaviour. Of course, the United States isn't the only country where these things occur--however, there is no denying that it is the one which, by far, has the largest drug and alcohol consumption levels. All the Latin American drug cartels know who their best customer is--the U.S.

I still can't believe some people want to make the law stricter. I reckon they forgot prohibition, and how well that worked to lower alcohol consumption. (not!) It only made things worse, and made criminals richer.

Like you say in your post, however, there is good value in a good education. However, that education should be an <i><b>actual</i></b> education, and not a patronizing moral rant. That tends to turn audiences off to the message being delivered, and is actually counter-productive. As I mentioned earlier, people need to be educated on how to drink properly, etc. instead of treating things like they're taboo and refusing to talk about them. No better way to open wide the gates so misinformation can get in than by refusing to regurgitate useful, relevant information.

As for Ronald Reagan, I have no comment. I don't admire the man, nor his administration.

Last edited:
Yes they should be legalized. There's nothing wrong with voluntary exchanges.

Yes they should be legalized. There's nothing wrong with voluntary exchanges.
have you ever seen someone that you love die right in front of your eyes from drugs and alcohol?..I guarantee you if you did...you would change your answer. Its not a pretty sight seeing somone you love laying their brain dead...and their lungs are filling up with fluid and they are being suffocated by their own spit. ....eventually they die....not a pleasant sight. When people are gone they are gone...they DONT COME BACK.

I don't know. Making alcohol illegal only really makes it harder for people to track these kids down. It doesn't, in truth, deter anyone. In case people haven't figured it out, it's called having friends who are over 21, or people who are over 21 and would do anything for the right price. They're not too hard for a teenager to find.

Those commercials don't really prove anything as far as the detriments of having 18 be the legal drinking age are concerned. The drinking age is now 21, and last time I checked, drinking and driving is still a big problem. The initial problem, of course, was lack of proper education--again, people not knowing how much to drink. Obviously, the problem is still unresolved, as we still have massive drinking and driving problems. Therefore, raising the drinking age didn't really do us any favours. We avoided, and are still avoiding, reality, and that is--most young Americans don't know how to drink properly, and have yet to understand that they can't drive when they're drunk.

have you ever seen someone that you love die right in front of your eyes from drugs and alcohol?..I guarantee you if you did...you would change your answer. Its not a pretty sight seeing somone you love laying their brain dead...and their lungs are filling up with fluid and they are being suffocated by their own spit. ....eventually they die....not a pleasant sight. When people are gone they are gone...they DONT COME BACK.

No one forced them to do it. Unless someone threatened to put a gun to their heads if they didn't drink or do the drugs, my sympathy is non-existent. It's the basic principle of action and consequence. Free will, and taking responsibility for your actions.

Making drugs illegal isn't going to stop anyone who wants to do them from doing so--as evidence clearly shows.

It's important to look at things rationally, and not emotionally. When you look at the reality of it, the truth of the matter is--they chose that for themselves, for whatever reason. There is an implied risk in taking drugs, which people should be adult enough to acknowledge, and either abstain from doing drugs altogether, or go on ahead and risk dying, et cetera. Life is about choice, and the law can't take that away from people. They will choose what they want in the end.

^I agree somewhat, but choice is gone as soon as addiction is there. And with some drugs that happens very fast.

I hate my country's drug policy where it's legal to buy and smoke a certain amount of marihuana, but forbidden to grow it or buy it in vast quantities (which the coffee shops that sell it have to do of course). It creates instant crime and it's just hypocritical. Either legalise the entire process or make it all illegal.

Btw. I do smoke weed a few times every year, and probably wouldn't bother to get a hold of it when it wasn't sold legally around the corner. I never ever smoke when I'm on vacation abroad. So, for peeps like me it would work when it was forbidden I guess.

I don't think recreational drugs should be legalized. Not even marijuana with the exception of medical marijuana but that should be strictly controlled. A prescription from a doctor showing it is medically necessary just like any other controlled substance should be required for a person to use it. I have seen too many people (some family members) destroyed by drugs and alcohol (alcohol is a drug) to think any differently. Imagine the shape our society would be in if acquiring this stuff was a free for all.

The bigger question is why do people feel the need to take mind altering chemicals in the first place? Be yourselves and stop using drugs/alcohol as a crutch to avoid reality.

The bigger question is why do people feel the need to take mind altering chemicals in the first place? Be yourselves and stop using drugs/alcohol as a crutch to avoid reality.

Very true! Although I'm guilty of this myself on occassion I think in the end nothing good comes from drugs and alcohol. That's why I limit myself to only use anything (alcohol included) when there's something special going on. Not that that's alright, but it does prevend it becoming a habit. Addiction is one of the saddest things a person can inflict on himself.

That's freaking crazy what some here think about drugs and that they should be legalized. Come on, Blood, I really like you, but how is what you're saying about drugs a fair thing? I know you hate the world, which is wrong, but, really, there are many weak beings on this planet, either were/are born that way or they become like that, and facilitating their access to drugs, how is that a thing to show indifference about? ... That is your warped opinion of the world, how you don't care what happens to most. I know, many are expecting people to show more maturity in their actions, more abstination from wrong choices, but since it's not possible with everyone, how would them getting a free pass to drugs help them? So we should say "Oh, screw that man/woman, they were weak anyway, they got what they deserved"?...

As for the post that read "it should be okay to allow voluntary exchanges", ....... So, in some people's minds, is anarchy a good thing? For getting a free pass to buying drugs sure would take some weak people into an early grave, into selling everything, including their soul for money to buy their daily doses, including by means of robbing others and/or killing them. It would be a world heading straight to a living hell of chaos. yeah, some may want that to happen, but it's an inhumane thing to want. If you got robbed by a crack head and injured really badly, would you still show disconcern about this issue? I don't wanna hear/read answers like "Yeah, I shouldn't have been even born" or things of that nature, for that's beyond selfish. ... And plain irrational.

I believe people should be allowed to take drugs if they want to. Nobody has the right to tell another person what they can and can't do with their own bodies. The only drug I believe should be legalized is marijuana. It's safer than alcohol and doesn't make people violent.

^I agree that alcohol is worse than marihuana, but that will never be illegal again (in the Western world). Also, marihuana can cause a permanent trip. I know someone who works in a mental institution and half her young patients got there because of drugs, a very big part of that marihuana. Surprised me as well, but it's something to think about.

Alma;3220986 said:
That's freaking crazy what some here think about drugs and that they should be legalized. Come on, Blood, I really like you, but how is what you're saying about drugs a fair thing? I know you hate the world, which is wrong, but, really, there are many weak beings on this planet, either were/are born that way or they become like that, and facilitating their access to drugs, how is that a thing to show indifference about? ...That is your warped opinion of the world, how you don't care what happens to most.

I care enough about the inhabitants of the world to advocate for their right to choose what they want for themselves. That, to me, is the most important thing in human life--the right to choose (not to sound like a pro-abortionist there.) It is a fair thing--action and its consequence. The sequence of events is not <i>merciful</i>, but it never claimed itself to be so, and it is, in every imaginable way, just.

I don't hate the world. I am merely an observer in the asylum, and I think the rest of the inmates should have a choice. :p

As for the weaker beings, natural selection favours the strong for a reason.

Alma said:
I know, many are expecting people to show more maturity in their actions, more abstination from wrong choices, but since it's not possible with everyone, how would them getting a free pass to drugs help them? So we should say "Oh, screw that man/woman, they were weak anyway, they got what they deserved"?...

It wouldn't, any more than prohibiting drugs would make them abstain from doing them. In the end, it all comes down to choice and free will, like I have been saying all along. One's will is triumphant in the end, and one's priorities. If the priority is survival and the continuation of a rational, undisturbed mind, then the person will abstain from doing drugs, regardless of whether these are legalized or not. If the priority is to escape a life of pain, or problems, etc. the person <i>will</i> find that escape, whether this escape be legal or not is not a concern for them, as evidence shows. By legalizing drugs, we hope to bankrupt the criminals and terrorists who run the drug cartels and get rich off of America's drug problems. Since this is still such a big issue, despite our strict drug policies (not even marijuana is legal), it is obvious that making drugs illegal is not doing us any favours. In fact, the only thing it's doing is lining the pockets of the aforementioned drug cartels, because they all know who their best customer is.

So, legalizing drugs isn't going to help anyone's drug problems, and I never claimed it would. In fact, that's not even a relevant issue for me--the thing we want to stop is the money flowing from the hands of those idiots to the drug cartels in Latin America who use the profits to fund terroristic organizations, sex slavery, child trafficking, and other activities of the sort. By legalizing drugs, at least we'd be able to extinguish their influence by creating our own growing farms, etc. and competing with them in capitalistic fashion, and thus driving them out of business by beating their prices (or at least forcing them to match down our prices in an effort to exist) and thus either minimizing or completely eliminating their influence in our country. That's what legalizing drugs would achieve, and to me, that's a worthy goal, and truly for the greater good. (Not only that, but we could tax the hell out of them and fix our economy.)

In short, I care more about the innocent women and children who are kidnapped and <i>forced</i> into a life of prostitution or hard labour than I do about some idiot junkie who chose that for himself. So, to me, the problem is not that I <i>hate</i> the world, because I don't (and I have no idea as to where you got that impression.) To me, personally, it's a matter of choice--the most inalienable right in our lives. We have the right to choose, and the one most atrocious crime is taking that right away from someone.

As for personal drug problems--like I said, they exist for a reason, in a country which makes use of drugs illegal--yet still they exist. Thus, the problem is clearly not the legality of said drugs, but rather, fixing the psychological state of the person concerned. That seems to be the problem to tackle there, as everything has a cause and effect--something existed to cause that person to immerse themselves in a life of drugs. Something which was more important to escape, more important than following the law. The resolving of that "something" is the key to minimizing drug problems. Making drugs illegal does not solve their personal issue, therefore, if you truly care for the "weaker" men and women--identify and help them solve their issue.

Alma said:
As for the post that read "it should be okay to allow voluntary exchanges", ....... So, in some people's minds, is anarchy a good thing? For getting a free pass to buying drugs sure would take some weak people into an early grave, into selling everything, including their soul for money to buy their daily doses, including by means of robbing others and/or killing them. It would be a world heading straight to a living hell of chaos.

Ah, Alma, Alma, Alma. It's all a matter of choice, whether these laws exist or not is irrelevant in the end. People's minds are more important to them than the feds, as evidence shows.People still buy drugs, regardless of the illegality of it. Sometimes, they get arrested for drug possession more than once (to prove how much the rape room time taught them a lesson.) If anything, taking them to jail only seems to make their drug problems worse--so, you're going to take a drug addict, shove him in prison, where all the convicted drug dealers with connections to the outside world via gangs are--because this will make his situation better? That, to me, sounds like putting a kid in a candy store. If anything, his problems will go from bad to worse in the "rape rooms" (as a poster here so cleverly named them.) Our drug problems won't go away simply because we make drugs illegal (so, ok, I get busted with drugs and I get sent to...a place where other people with drug problems and connection to drug dealers are residing! "How about when this is over, we go do a little coke?") That, to me, sounds even more irrational than just giving them what they want to begin with, and putting the money in our pockets to fix the economy rather than letting the criminals have it.

As far as selling their houses for a daily dose is concerned--people still do this, regardless of whether drug use is legal or not. Making drugs illegal has yet to stop an addict from selling their house. The truth is, it happens all too often, and the law is truly useless against it. As for their soul--well, I don't know. If I were a drug dealer, I wouldn't give people "the stuff" in exchange for an illusory concept. That seems to be a crooked deal. I'd want at least their house, so I could sell it in the failing real estate market. :p

As for it being a world heading into chaos or whatever--you seem to underestimate the world more than I do, and here you are saying that I resent the world. I think it's a safe bet that most people wouldn't do hard drugs even if it was a legal option, simply because the problems which come along with drug use are well-known. Most people have things to live for, things to accomplish, and goals to achieve, etc. That serves as their real deterrent from doing drugs--not the law. It's the ones who don't have any of these things who do the hard drugs, and thus far the law banning their drug of choice has done nothing to stop them from doing that drug.

Alma said:
yeah, some may want that to happen, but it's an inhumane thing to want. If you got robbed by a crack head and injured really badly, would you still show disconcern about this issue? I don't wanna hear/read answers like "Yeah, I shouldn't have been even born" or things of that nature, for that's beyond selfish. ... And plain irrational.

Hm. Well, seeing as there are still crackheads in the world, regardless of whether or not the drug is illegal, I would say that this would have a probability of occurring anyway. At least if the drug was legalized, we could narrow the pool of potential crackhead robbers down in my specific location by tracing credit card numbers, etc. or by examining store footage of the crackheads who visited the crack stores that same day. So, I would say, legalizing drugs would probably make it <i>easier</i> to find the mystery person than making drugs illegal--which would permit the crackhead robber to sink into the murky clientèle of the local drug dealer, and I highly doubt he's going to be too willing to help us catch the crackhead robber.

In any case, you could still convict the guy on robbery, and assault and battery charges. It's not too difficult to make a case for that. That, to me, seems to be a whole different issue, though. You can't overlap crimes, since people still rob and injure others even while being totally sober.

Finally, [insert yeah, I shouldn't have been even born, or other beyond selfish and irrational things of that nature here.]

I love you too, Alma.

Last edited:
^ Luckily, some people do respect laws. I don't use drugs because I don't feel like it but I would have likely tried them out if it was legal. I think laws can prevend a lot of misery. Sometimes you need a parent, a government or a friend to think for you when you're young, depressed, mean or whatever and could do serious harm to yourself or others. People need boundaries and choice is not a holy thing as people can be evil and uncivilised.

Back