DJ Benny-D and Akon Set to Perform with Michael at O2

TSCM

Proud Member
http://mjjr.net/news-i420-6.html

DJ Benny-D and Akon Set to Perform with Michael at O2

MJJR.net has received good word that Akon and his touring DJ Benny-D have been scheduled to perform during at least a portion of Michael Jackson's 50 O2 gigs in London beginning this summer. Currently, the preliminary schedule includes all of Michael Jackson's July concert dates, although the schedule is subject to change or grow as the date approaches. As confirmation, Akon and Benny-D were originally planning on touring Canada on several dates throughout July, but within the past day the official tour calendar at Benny-D's site has been revised to reflect these new London dates with Jackson. Now, in place of the July Canada tour dates, a message reads: "Entire month on hold of Michael Jackson in UK."

Last year, Akon worked with Michael Jackson on such projects including Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 (which featured one freshly recorded verse with Michael Jackson's vocals) and Hold My Hand (which was never officially released due to the leak). It is also believed that they worked on several additional projects, although no other collaborations have surfaced. What is not clear yet is to what extent Akon will be performing alongside Michael Jackson, but it is easy to speculate that their existing collaborations may be revisited live on stage. Randy Phillips had previously alluded to the fact that we would probably see some surprise guest performers at the Michael Jackson concerts.

http://mjjr.net/news-i420-6.html

Last edited:
omg noooo, i don't like akon ;/

Me neither, Michael solo is the best ever. I don't like Akons voice, or him. Maybe his first two songs, but nothing more.

please let this be fake news.

Thanks for the info TSCM (and all the other info you magically come up with). I am not a fan of Akon's singing but I love HMH. I think it is cool to mix it up. I wouldn't pay extra to get to see Akon in the mix but as a toss in I think it is great. Sort of a one and 1/10th for one thing. MJ was able to mix with Akon's voice to a very good effect in HMH. I would expect the same for anything they do at the O2.

I am sure there are some major Akon fans that will be thrilled as well.

For all we know it could just be an opening act at this stage. Everything is still extremely preliminary and like everything in Michael's world, it is always subject to change!

what's the point with all these surprise guest performers, anyway? I didnt pay all that money to see some random dude sing - i wanna see MJ, and only MJ!

OH, the thought of being forced to listen to AKon..... *shivers*
I hope this is false!

For all we know it could just be an opening act at this stage. Everything is still extremely preliminary and like everything in Michael's world, it is always subject to change!

Got it. I thought of that after I posted and Eterna commented on Akon's act. Well if I is bad we will just appreciate Michael that much more when he comes on. It will truely highlight why he has achieved the status he has.

Guys, don't get your panties in a bunch! It's probably just an opening act anyway. There's always an opening act of some sort at every concert you go to. And Akon ain't that bad. No, I don't listen to his music, but he seems to have something that Michael seems to like. I'm gonna trust his opinion.

i love how michael is able to break the rules correctly. i hope he breaks another one and he and kon sing hmh if this is true

I think it'll be as an opening act. I don't think Michael would have people on stage with him for a long period of time, it's a Michael Jackson concert, not Michael Jackson & Friends.

i hope this means akon is support act and not actally going to be on stage singing with michael. I like some of akons songs but he's nothing special

if it's true, it will just be the support, not actually on stage with michael, unless they sing hold my hand. otherwise it would be the mj + akon show, which it aint lol

:flowers:

Guys, don't get your panties in a bunch! It's probably just an opening act anyway. There's always an opening act of some sort at every concert you go to. And Akon ain't that bad. No, I don't listen to his music, but he seems to have something that Michael seems to like. I'm gonna trust his opinion.

Agree. :flowers:

Wooooo Great news!
Ha @ the Akon haters.
Lol

You are terrible! :lol: :p

i love how michael is able to break the rules correctly. i hope he breaks another one and he and kon sing hmh if this is true

:wild: That would be insane...in a good way. So Imma not think about it cuz odds are it won't happen. :worried:

Anyway, thanks for posting, TSCM.

Nooooooooooooo we don't want to see anybody else but Michael. This is ridiculous. I won't accept it if it's not a supporting group and nothing more. We are not looking forward to seeing them, WE WANT MICHAEL AND ONLY MICHAEL. What's wrong with the organisers? Are they crazy? They will destroy the concerts by bringing others on stage....No no no no no no!

Nooooooooooooo we don't want to see anybody else but Michael. This is ridiculous. I won't accept it if it's not a supporting group and nothing more. We are not looking forward to seeing them, WE WANT MICHAEL AND ONLY MICHAEL. What's wrong with the organisers? Are they crazy? They will destroy the concerts by bringing others on stage....No no no no no no!

Even if Akon isn't just a support act and in fact does one or two songs with Michael, it really wouldn't be much different than his past concerts where he performed with other artists for certain songs, like Siedah Garrett.

Back