CONFIRMED - New Music released under SONY/EPIC

The only thing here that bothers me is that maybe MJ wanted these songs to be only heard by his kids. If they are too personal, i do not think he would be happy if they are released. You know how special the children were to him. I cannot help remembering the song "You are my life" , so touching. Little things were left as "personal" for him.

Why you think that there should be no new songs released? It could be that he has left songs to be released for his kids sake.
I would be glad new material would be released, but please not with Sony. How could everyone of you BELIEVE he would have liked it. Cant understand. But however, it is not longer within his power :no:

I would be glad new material would be released, but please not with Sony. How could everyone of you BELIEVE he would have liked it. Cant understand. But however, it is not longer within his power :no:
Even he was alive he would´ve released his new music through Sony, with an exception of the Two Seas Records that didn´t fall through in Bahrain, he didn´t sign with any other music label. And the owner of the Def Jam Records said several times that he was interested of signing Michael in his label, which didn´t happened at all.

Even he was alive he would´ve released his new music through Sony, with an exception of the Two Seas Records that didn´t fall through in Bahrain, he didn´t sign with any other music label. And the owner of the Def Jam Records said several times that he was interested of signing Michael in his label, which didn´t happened at all.
NO, but this is obsolete to speak about ..... unfortunately

New Michael Jackson Songs Will Be Released

"I have no idea when it's coming out, but it will come out on Sony/Epic." Ghost revealed. "We haven't made any decisions because we just want to be respectful for his memory and not be seen in any way as trying to cash in."
please for the love of god hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This probably won't be released anytime soon. Honestly, I don't want it to be released soon. I want his new material to be released as if he was still currently recording. I don't want to be flooded with new material over a short period of time.

It's no question the whole MJ vs Sony thing was more along the lines of MJ VS Motolla. Because of what happened, Sony got rid of Tommy, and continued to work with Michael on projects such as "The Ultimate Collection" and "Thriller 25".

Hopefully with the right people now in control of Sony, if any of Michael's vault music gets released by them, they do a better job at promoting it then they have when Motolla screwed Michael over from the end of HIStory to Invincible

Yeh if there will be a new cd coming, i too hope sony promote it more better than what they did with ''invincible''.

I think Sony has the experience...I just hope they will treat Michael as a true artist who he is, who really composed and arranged his music himself or was heavily involved for true music lovers. The last thing I want is them to start treating Michael as a product who shifted CDs with a pretty face!

If they start doing that, I will not buy anything! It would not be Michael anymore. There is a reason why these "Britneys" and "Justins" have very targeted audience...one can not sell that kind of "music" with a pretty face for people who love real music... Its not something I would like to just relax with and just listen. MJ always has so many layers and small details in his songs that truly make them so beautiful and colorful...I hope they can capture that if they release new material with his name on it.

If they're smart, they'll be promoting Michael's future music as much as they can -which I'm sure they'll do. They're not gonna treat him like they did during the Invincible.

i just hope we get his latest album. but anything mj recorded with sony they can bring out now i think.

Well a new album is great but if they decide to release music MJ recorded for his previous album sessions that would be awesome too. as long as there will be some unreleased music to be released, i'd be happy.

i was thinking,as mj was a free agent, will there not be a bidding war for his final album etc.

anything he recorded during the productions of his sony albums, sony can bring out obv with approval from the estate etc.

Im afraid they will release songs who arent new but just like, and older version of it.I hope sony will do a great job for ONCE in sony history.

We haven't made any decisions because we just want to be respectful for his memory and not be seen in any way as trying to cash in.

no they are waiting cause the sales are very hight now. they are waiting til the sales are low and then they are releasing. sure, they want to get as much money as they can. ^^

lol @ Amanda Ghost :lol:

She must have had negotiations with Michael lately and have a deal now... :lol:

lol @ Amanda Ghost :lol:

She must have had negotiations with Michael lately and have a deal now... :lol:

lmao :D when i first saw her Sirname i was like is this a Joke? what a name Amanda Ghost lol

wonder if the new album was finished? i just hope mike recorded sooooooooooooo much songs. as long as there is new music tht comes out, i in sum way think hes still around.

I dont think any of us would think of a new album being as simply being a cash in due to his passing.
MJ would have wanted the album to be released and we also have 2 unseen music videos from MJ to be released.

another thing.
What if the new album was called STARLIGHT with the main song being STARLIGHT ?

Michael finished 4 songs with Will.i.am, he did 2 complete songs with Akon plus 7-8 additional demos or "pieces" of songs but these are not complete. He also finished 2 songs given to him by Ne-Yo, and had several incomplete demos written by Ne-Yo. He was also working with other producers as well and apparently has 3-4 other songs written and composed by him that were recorded between 2006-2008 and are 100% complete. This would mean his "new" album would contain about 10 songs of new material. Sony may add in some demos, or incomplete verses to the CD, or include some unreleased material recorded in the 2001-2003 time frame.

Back