"Captain EO" Will Return to Disneyland-Update pg28. Paris confirmed (threads merged)

CherubimII

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's "Captain" EO Will Retrun to Disneyland
captain_eo-227x300.jpg

Captain EO” is coming back.

The word from Hollywood is that Disneyland is planning to revive Michael Jackson’s 3D film beginning in January. Heavily influenced by “Star Wars,” the 1986 short film was produced by George Lucas and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Back in those days, Michael had the money from “Thriller” to make anything happen.

Among the cast: Michael, Anjelica Huston, Dick Shawn -- the latter died less than a year after “Captain EO” was released.
It’s the 3D version coming back to Disneyland, but you can watch a less complex version on YouTube (see below).
“Captain EO” was pulled from Disneyland years ago. But with Jackson’s “This Is It” up to about $220 million worldwide, interest in him is rekindled. It’s another tragic irony for Jackson. And, believe it or not, the “This Is It” companion CD looks like it sold well over 125,000 copies last week — even though it’s just greatest hits.

“Captain EO” contains a video of Jackson dancing and singing a song called “We Are Here to Change the World.” Click on the Link Below to
see the "Captain EO" videos.
http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/michael-jacksons-captain-eo-returns-disneyland/#more-4050
No word yet on whether Huston or any of the other “Captain EO” cast members will get paid for this revival. According to sources, Disney has the right to use the film whenever it wants to. I’m told they’re even thinking of having a premiere — with a red carpet — if they can get Jackson family members to attend. Hey, La Toya — you should call them right away!

Re: Michael Jackson's "Captain" EO Will Retrun to Disneyland

that's right..get on board, disney.

Ahhhh! Are you serious?! Crazy. Man oh man oh man I hope Michael can see all this... =/

This is great!! Michael looks so great in that video! I wish i could go see it, boo! :(

is it really true this time?...I'll just wait...

lol about the LaToya part :)

So awesome if true. I saw Captain EO at Disneyland Paris and its amazing. Every fan should see it.

If Captain EO will return also to Eurodisney / Disneyworld Paris (or whatever it now may be called) I will go there ! ! ! !

It should have never left in the first place. I am happy but a part of me is mad aobut this. Now that they think MJ is a mony maker, now you want to have Captain Eo back?

HELL YEAH!!! :D I can't wait to final see this in Disneyland! By the time I first went to Disneyland, Captain EO was replaced by Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

This rumour has been going for a couple of months now - and the more I hear it, the less I'm beginning to believe it will become reality. :(
Some people even talked about an announcement being made 9/10 about it coming back - but we never heard anything?!

With this said...

I saw Captain EO at Disneyland Paris and its amazing. Every fan should see it.

...I also saw Captain EO in Paris - I actually saw it like 5 times in 2 days, lol.
It's truly amazing, and the regular shitty version floating around on the net is pathetic in comparison to sitting there in that giant cinema with 3D glasses.

I remember everyone in the cinema reaching out their hands trying to pet that little furry animal - it was THAT realistic :hysterical:

I really hope they will bring it back though - it would be something "new fans" would really appreciate.
It is truly amazing in the cinema.

Ah, if this is true, then YAY!!! I saw Captain EO at Disneyland in 1987 :) My one and only big trip to L.A. and great memories. And yes, in real 3D with the in-theater special effects... soooooo much better!

The day I saw this was the day I thought I had looked right into the eyes of Michael himself! I was walking back toward the Disneyland entrance/exit, trailing behind my parents on Main Street, and I saw some people who looked familiar coming toward me in one of those cars that runs down the road. The one on the far right (my side) had a hat and sunglasses on and as we came to pass each other he had taken his sunglasses off for a second to wipe them clean and I caught his eyes and was just transfixed. I realized I was staring and smiled and looked down and it was all over, the familiar-looking people and the one with the big, amazing, familiar eyes had passed me. That's when it fully hit me. OMG... MICHAEL???????!!!!!!! I couldn't bring myself to chase him because I didn't want to bring attention to him. I didn't want to ruin his beautiful moments of anonymity. And to this day I question the experience... was it really him? God, I wish I could go back in time to find out. But later that night in line for Captain EO we overhead someone say "Yeah, really! Michael was here today! Can you believe it?" So I'm guessing it was really him. But I'll never know for sure, which is aggravating, lol. Don't know why I shared the story here. Just sentimental for EO, I guess ;)

didnt disney say they wouldnt be bringing it back due to the out dated special effects and stuff guess when $$ is concerned you can over look that stuff - im not complaining im happy its back wish i could get over to see it.

didnt disney say they wouldnt be bringing it back due to the out dated special effects and stuff guess when $$ is concerned you can over look that stuff - im not complaining im happy its back wish i could get over to see it.

amazing, isn't it? and that's one reason why i think they were lying about the reason for originally saying they wouldn't bring it back. i think there was another reason, too, but i won't get into that. yes i will. the nineties controversy.

but..hey..they love the posthumous icon money mentality.

I doubt this is True

It it came back the special effects and video and sound would need to be remastered but other than that I want it to come back since I never saw it because it was taken out after I was born

Don't know if it is true or not but I saw this in Disney World a long time ago and I truly loved it. It was when Michael was riding high and everyone loved him. The film was stunning.

Disney owns the rights and they can show it whenever they want. They don't need the permission of the estate.

All we need now is the DVD / Blu Ray release of this.

They've had over 20 years to re-release this. What took Disney so long? (no need to answer that)

IT'S OFFICIAL: Captain EO Is returning to Disneyland resort in Feb. 2010!!! :D:D:D

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/12/captain-eo-returns-to-disneyland-resort/

U have NO idea how excited I am about this barely 20 minute movie. I went to Disney World the summer before this was released in the parks and was soooo mad that I missed it. I don't care if I have to hitch rides across the dang country, I'm GOING to Disneyland. :D:D:D

Really!!!??? :) :)

REALLY!!!! :D

I'm so excited because by the time I first went to Disneyland, "Captain EO" was replaced with "Honey I Shrunk the Audience". NOW, I'll finally get my chance! Hell yeah!

Its trending on Twitter! I love Captain EO. I remember seeing it at Disney when I was 11 and was mesmerised by it. Who wants to go to Disneyland now!

Hot pics: Captain EO Returns

After 12 years, Michael Jackson returns as Captain EO at Disneyland park! The 3-D attraction -- widely considered a groundbreaking theatrical experience when it was originally released 23 years ago -- is back for an exclusive, limited engagement at Disneyland park beginning in February 2010.

400_captaineo_mjackson_ffcoppola_091218_disney_3.jpg

400_captaineo_mjackson_ffcoppola_glucas_091218_disney_7.jpg

400_captaineo_mjackson_glucas_ffcoppola_091218_disney_4.jpg

400_captaineo_mjackson_091218_disney_1.jpg

400_captaineo_mjackson_091218_disney_2.jpg

Back