Bury the Never Ending Myth of Jackson as Child Molester

I have to disagree to some extent with the idea that Michael brought this on himself.

My thoughts are a bit disjointed but bear with me!

Michael's clear and emphatic statement that he would still have children in his bedroom meant only that it made the second accusation easier for the public to believe.

The Arvizos would have accused Michael of molestation one way or the other! Once they failed to get what they wanted from him, they knew that was their best weapon.

So it was immaterial if Michael had children around him or not. He could have proclaimed that he was done with children. The Arvizos would have accused him and people would have thought he had just gone into hiding with his nasty little habit.

But Michael remained true to himself. He also put safeguards in place - permission from parents, the presence of another adult at all times, etc.

Michael's statements did not make the accusation any easier to make (the first accusation did that). All Michael's statements did was to make it easier for people to presume his guilt, because of his perceived access to children.
True but still I wish MJ never put himself in this position. Yes, even a good hearted person has to stop sometimes. I do not help stranger who come to my door even though I would like to. When I see disputes/fights on the street, I do not stop them but I will call the police and watch from afar until they arrive. Sorry but that is the world we live in. I do not invite all kinds of people to my home either not even from my job because you just can not do it.

I have to disagree to some extent with the idea that Michael brought this on himself.

My thoughts are a bit disjointed but bear with me!

Michael's clear and emphatic statement that he would still have children in his bedroom meant only that it made the second accusation easier for the public to believe.

The Arvizos would have accused Michael of molestation one way or the other! Once they failed to get what they wanted from him, they knew that was their best weapon.

So it was immaterial if Michael had children around him or not. He could have proclaimed that he was done with children. The Arvizos would have accused him and people would have thought he had just gone into hiding with his nasty little habit.

But Michael remained true to himself. He also put safeguards in place - permission from parents, the presence of another adult at all times, etc.

Michael's statements did not make the accusation any easier to make (the first accusation did that). All Michael's statements did was to make it easier for people to presume his guilt, because of his perceived access to children.
Great post! People forget that MJ was asked a question, and he answered it. Gavin is the one who brings it up seemingly out of the blue. Bashir then ask MJ about it. He already admitted children were allowed in his bedroom years ago, after the 1993 extortion. So, he really couldn't get out of answering that question. It's not like he brought it up himself. In the interview with Diane Sawyer in '95, he says something similar. But no one said anything bad about it. Why would he think this interview would be any different?

I think the way he is celebrated that most people do not believe he abused no child (even before death MJ was back popular). I think sometimes we let the media take a FEW idoits and make you think everyone is doing it. Even on the internet, often time it is the same people on board talking mess (and some are the same people who change their font).

Yep girl, I agree and I have seen this before they are usally sockpuppets who change thier s/n and have 10 of them just to talk crap about Mike.

Back