Brooke Shields hoped for Michael Jackson's resurrection!

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Hollywood actress Brooke Shields says she really hoped that late pop legend Michael Jackson would jump out of his coffin while she spoke during his memorial service.

The actress fought hard to contain her grief when she gave an emotional speech at the public event held at the Los Angeles Staples Center to commemorate the King of Pop's life following his death from acute propofol intoxication last June and hoped he'd come out alive of the box.

"Did you see me shaking? Well, they didn't tell us that the coffin was going to be there. I thought - because there was a fantasy moment in my head - that he was going to jump out and start the concert," she said.

Shields, 44, who befriended Jackson when she was 13 also revealed that she hadn't been in touch with the "Thriller" hitmaker for a long time before his death, but often wanted to call him and offer her help.

"I had not only not spoken to him, I hadn't seen him in years," she said.

Asked if she had wanted to call him to offer her help, she said: "I did that, you know, 20 years ago. I mean the rhetoric didn't change, you know, I did that way back when, but anyway, I did my best."

The star was asked by Jackson's mother Katherine to give a speech at the service, but she ignored the words she was asked to deliver in favour of giving a more personal account of their friendship during her seven-minute address.

"They had written me out something. But I wrote my own thing and just had to do my own thing. I felt honoured to be a part of it," she said.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/Intern...Jacksons-resurrection/articleshow/5439976.cms

I can see what she was meaning. It's the shock and denial. :(
I didn't realize they hadn't spoken in years. Why?

I think we were all secretly hoping for a little miracle :(

The ones on the hoax sites still are waiting on that miracle. Theyre so in denial.

The ones on the hoax sites still are waiting on that miracle. Theyre so in denial.

True, and it's not getting any better.
I understand what grief can do with someone, but... they just have to let go. They have to accept reality and try to move on, even when it's incredibly hard. And I really hope they find that strength soon.

20 years ago? I can see them together in photos that must have been taken around '93 / '94...

Oh well, close enough...:p

I can see what she was meaning. It's the shock and denial. :(
I didn't realize they hadn't spoken in years. Why?

i'm wondering the same... why they hadn't spoken and met for so long.....they were so close in the past....
i'm thinking Michael was isolating himself...... i don't think she didn't want to help him... she so sweet and careful....

i'm wondering the same... why they hadn't spoken and met for so long.....they were so close in the past....
i'm thinking Michael was isolating himself...... i don't think she didn't want to help him... she so sweet and careful....

It's sad.. :(

I think it's just that their paths in life went in different directions. it happens. don't we all have people in our lives who we haven't seen for many years for one reason or another but still think fondly of them...

Brooke, Brooke, Brooke. :smilerolleyes: I honestly don't know what to say about her. I mean she left him the time that he needed friends the most, which was when the first allegations came and she wasn't there when the second ones came either. w.e :doh: If she was his true friend she wouldn't have left him in the cold like that. She would have stopped worrying about herself and her "career" at that time and been there for Michael. Thinking and Doing are two different things. So she could have "thought" about calling Michael to "help" him but she didn't. She can go on back to her eyelash commercial now. :)

On July 13th, at one point I seriously thought that Michael was suddenly going to turn up and announce that he was alive and well, but that the shows would be postponed as he wasn't quite ready.

No such luck :no:

on a second thought, I remembered she was his date for Grammys in 1993 and totally disappeared from his life after the first allegations. that's not cool Brooke.

I dont think we can be too judgemental about her. Perhaps Michael didnt want to see her either??? Who knows. I suppose a lot of people are feeling regretful but Im glad she chose to speak freely rather than scripted at the memorial.

I think almost everyone was hoping it was going to be the greatest performance of Thriller ever and he would jump out of the coffin.

I wouldnt even of been mad :\

If I were her I'd be hoping for a career.

Hmm? Whats with the hate towards Brooke Shields?

I will agree with her on one thing though, I was waiting for him to jump out of the coffin. Everytime I saw the thing, I was just staring at it like come on jump out. I won't be mad just jump out and say you were joking. :( Yea, of course that didn't happen. That is when I was in denial about it all.

You have to accept that some people have a really hard time accepting the unacceptable. Not all fans feel the same. You can't get up one morning and say that's it, he is not here anymore. Every person needs time to heal (if it's possible). It's not necessary to move on without Michael of course because he will be always here in our hearts. There is not just denial but pain emotional pain and emptiness. We all have to live with Michael in our heart mind and soul!

Brooke, Brooke, Brooke. :smilerolleyes: I honestly don't know what to say about her. I mean she left him the time that he needed friends the most, which was when the first allegations came and she wasn't there when the second ones came either. w.e :doh: If she was his true friend she wouldn't have left him in the cold like that. She would have stopped worrying about herself and her "career" at that time and been there for Michael. Thinking and Doing are two different things. So she could have "thought" about calling Michael to "help" him but she didn't. She can go on back to her eyelash commercial now. :)

I never agreed someone said that Michael isolated himself. it was his "friends" left him when he needs them most. when you are in the hard time, the most thing you want is having friends understand you, comfort you and support you. that's not mean you have to take initiative to call your friends and asked them to comfort you. The true friends should have supported him and stood beside him during the trial and after the trial. Randy was with Michael during/after the trial, we have seen how much Michael appreciated him( later messed up Michael's business). Michael wanted someone to support/comfort/love him, he always wanted to be loved. Unfortunately, most of his friends are not true friends.

I dont think we can be too judgemental about her. Perhaps Michael didnt want to see her either??? Who knows. I suppose a lot of people are feeling regretful but Im glad she chose to speak freely rather than scripted at the memorial.

Yeah exactly. We dont know what happened behind closed doors so its not really our place to pass judgement on her.

20 years ago? I can see them together in photos that must have been taken around '93 / '94...

Oh well, close enough...:p
After 93' Brooke Shields forgot Michael Jackson existed.

on a second thought, I remembered she was his date for Grammys in 1993 and totally disappeared from his life after the first allegations. that's not cool Brooke.
Exactly
I think almost everyone was hoping it was going to be the greatest performance of Thriller ever and he would jump out of the coffin.

I wouldnt even of been mad :\
I was thinking the same thing that day, I was waiting for him to jump out and get started
Hmm? Whats with the hate towards Brooke Shields?
It's not ''hate'' it's just that it's just a general dislike I have for people who turned their backs on Michael in either 1993 or 2003 only to remember him again after his death, that's all.

Yeah exactly. We dont know what happened behind closed doors so its not really our place to pass judgement on her.
Oh please, she was hanging around him till Feb 1993, but when the allegations broke out later that year she just vanished. You don't have to be a close associate of Michael's to figure out why she dropped him and wanted to have nothing to do with him afterwards.

Michael isolated himself?? she turned her back on him simple as that!
why do people always give credit to his hypocritical "friends" and never to him?

After 93' Brooke Shields forgot Michael Jackson existed.

Exactly

I was thinking the same thing that day, I was waiting for him to jump out and get started

It's not ''hate'' it's just that it's just a general dislike I have for people who turned their backs on Michael in either 1993 or 2003 only to remember him again after his death, that's all.

Oh please, she was hanging around him till Feb 1993, but when the allegations broke out later that year she just vanished. You don't have to be a close associate of Michael's to figure out why she dropped him and wanted to have nothing to do with him afterwards.

Well you dont know that for sure. None of us do. So as I said, its not really fair to pass judgement on her.

I never agreed someone said that Michael isolated himself. it was his "friends" left him when he needs them most. when you are in the hard time, the most thing you want is having friends understand you, comfort you and support you. that's not mean you have to take initiative to call your friends and asked them to comfort you. The true friends should have supported him and stood beside him during the trial and after the trial. Randy was with Michael during/after the trial, we have seen how much Michael appreciated him( later messed up Michael's business). Michael wanted someone to support/comfort/love him, he always wanted to be loved. Unfortunately, most of his friends are not true friends.

yes, I agree. Most of his friends were not true friends. They did the "in" thing and didn't associate with Michael when the allegations came. Michael wanted people who cared about him around him during these hard times. But a lot of people who are saying "oh yea me and mike were best friends" or w.e they say, they weren't there. They are comin' out of the wood work now and saying how much they "loved" him, but there were not there when he needed them most. So I guess that they didn't "love" him as much as they thought they did. -_-

Well you dont know that for sure. None of us do. So as I said, its not really fair to pass judgement on her.
Yeah, Brooke was their for him just like all the others, it was Michael who distanced himself from so called ''friends'' when he needed them the most.
I wish some fans ( not necessarily you) would give Michael that much benefit of doubt as you guys give others. But I guess it's the norm to judge Michael but give others the benefit of a doubt. Carry on. I guess Michael told her to make that ridiculous statement about him, chimps, and child stars too, during the trial.

Back