British/ English accent

The thing I like about Lie To Me, is that it doesn't portray English people as posh who only speak the Queen's English. The amount of times I see American shows that go with this stereotype kind of bugs me.

Well, I happen to love the posh Queen's English accent :p

The thing I like about Lie To Me, is that it doesn't portray English people as posh who only speak the Queen's English. The amount of times I see American shows that go with this stereotype kind of bugs me.

Agree with ya there!

(Big fan of Lie to Me BTW - GREAT show, only one I watch religiously!)

Yep "Lady parts", "pussy", "cooch", "Fernando Torres" the nicknames for the v-word are endless.

Yep "Lady parts", "pussy", "cooch", "Fernando Torres" the nicknames for the v-word are endless.
Crack, axe wound, bearded love-clam, fundamental orifice, hairy checkbook, map of Tasmania, seafood pit, and salmon canyon are some others.

Love ain't what it used to be.

Last edited:
Crack, axe wound, bearded love-clam, fundamental orifice, hairy checkbook, map of Tasmania, seafood pit, and salmon canyon are some others.

Love ain't what it used to be.

:bugeyed...let's get back to the accent shall we

My accent is quite scouse. I live on the outerskirts of Merseyside so its not a really strong scouse accent. Just partly scouse. People who live in Liverpool wouldnt think I sound scouse what so ever.

But people in other parts of the country think I sound scouse, they are adamant that I have a really strong scouse accent. But if they heard a REALLY strong scouse accent, then I would sound posh in comparison.

I have a plain American accent :D I can give it a dash of Tennessee though :naughty:

My accent is quite scouse. I live on the outerskirts of Merseyside so its not a really strong scouse accent. Just partly scouse. People who live in Liverpool wouldnt think I sound scouse what so ever.

But people in other parts of the country think I sound scouse, they are adamant that I have a really strong scouse accent. But if they heard a REALLY strong scouse accent, then I would sound posh in comparison.

yeah thats the same with me in Leeds. go to london and they think its really strong but at home they dont as i didnt move here till i was 11

Ken Dodd scouse or Sir Paul McCartney scouse? Just asking :mello: :p

Back