British/ English accent

I am deathly conscious of my accent and try to tone it down as much as possible but sometimes certain words slip out much to the amusement of others. I remember back in the old Chat days when a video by another mjjc member had been posted with me doing an introduction to the day (an mjjc meet up) and I said something about we were on our way to the clubhouse.....yeah well it caused several comments along the line of "clubhaaaaaaaase....Nikki says we're going to the clubhaaaaaaase" lol it was funny though ha ha ha.

I am deathly conscious of my accent and try to tone it down as much as possible but sometimes certain words slip out much to the amusement of others. I remember back in the old Chat days when a video by another mjjc member had been posted with me doing an introduction to the day (an mjjc meet up) and I said something about we were on our way to the clubhouse.....yeah well it caused several comments along the line of "clubhaaaaaaaase....Nikki says we're going to the clubhaaaaaaase" lol it was funny though ha ha ha.

Yeah, I recall walking through York, stopping an older gentleman along the way, asking for directions for the Dungeon.

"Ooooooh, the Doooooooooooooooongeon?"
:hysterical::hysterical:

this is random but I just had some fish and fries... or shall I say fish n chips? :p

Last edited:
British accents fascinate me. Just think of the huge variety of accents in such a small space. It's amazing really! I have what they call a Northern accent I guess. :D

I think we brits should all record and post a clip of our accents in here.:fear: :lol:

yes good idea :yes:
But it really doesnt matter how anyone talks its all the same really;)

omg you like that? no offense to all the English/British accent speakers lol but it cracks me up every single time! hahah that accent is hilarious! again, no offense meant :D

I love how the British speaks, I practice British myself if I had myself a British ego.

omg you like that? no offense to all the English/British accent speakers lol but it cracks me up every single time! hahah that accent is hilarious! again, no offense meant :D
Which accent are you referring to? :wtf: There are many accents in England depending on where you're from.

Me three. Hmm, How do we record again? Sound recorder? Not sure if this laptop has one. :unsure:

Me three. Hmm, How do we record again? Sound recorder? Not sure if this laptop has one. :unsure:
Hmm. I think most mobile phones have them. Then transfer it to your laptop with bluetooth or usb.

"clubhaaaaaaaase....Nikki says we're going to the clubhaaaaaaase"

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

this is random but I just had some fish and fries... or shall I say fish n chips? :p

*smacks you upside the head!* :ninja:

British accents fascinate me. Just think of the huge variety of accents in such a small space. It's amazing really! I have what they call a Northern accent I guess. :D

You? Northern? Naaaaaaahhh!

I think we brits should all record and post a clip of our accents in here.:fear: :lol:

Maybe record all of us who go to the o2 on Saturday? :fear:

As for me mine's a mix of west & north london...just bog standard stuff really.

Sorry I'm not British I'm from Brooklyn.:) But I love the British accents, from the very proper to the cockney types. You guys can say the most terrible things and it still sounds proper and pleasant. :lol:

^ im not british either..im irish...but i think we should all record our voices to see how different we pronounce things..thats always fascinated me! :giggle:

But yeah, Like someone said it is different in all parts of the UK.

I have a south London accent.. :p

Ever seen Eastenders? Kind of like that :lol: Just not as common. :fear: :unsure:

I love your accent!:wub:

Great idea!;D:D

Back