British/ English accent

the British one in general :p
there isnt one in general u prob mean either the queens english one of the southern/cockney one that seem to appear in u.s films. even more so when u say british. u are bringing in the scots welsh and n irish into it aswell

there isnt one in general u prob mean either the queens english one of the southern/cockney one that seem to appear in u.s films. even more so when u say british. u are bringing in the scots welsh and n irish into it aswell

:yes: I meant British in general :p including the Scottish and all the rest, they just crack me up every single time :p frankly, the only time I DON'T get bored in English classes is when the teacher brings these lessons on tapes and I start laughing by myself like an idiot ( I'm a native English speaker but the country I lice in isn't an English speaking one so that's why I get very very bored during English classes at school :D)

Right guys look for a clip on here on Sun afternoon of all the Brits that are going to the o2 on Saturday with our variety of accents. So, what phrase would you like us all to say?

^^say something like "Hello, how are you?" :lol: and there's another one I'd really like to hear you guys say but I'm too embarrassed to ask youto say that haha

The thing I like about Lie To Me, is that it doesn't portray English people as posh who only speak the Queen's English. The amount of times I see American shows that go with this stereotype kind of bugs me.

Also, it's only recently that I've been able to distinguish between American and Canadian accents. Ironically, it was through South Park's Terence & Philip's pronounciation of 'about' (aboot).

you guys go ahead and record ur voices, I wanna listen to ur awesome accents :D

Spit it out Karom! :p

well...I wanted to ask you to say "I need to go to the loo" :lmao: sorry it just cracks me up hahah we don't use that word :giggle: it's sooooo funny...but I was too embarrassed to say that, and now I have :blush:

well...I wanted to ask you to say "I need to go to the loo" :lmao: sorry it just cracks me up hahah we don't use that word :giggle: it's sooooo funny...but I was too embarrassed to say that, and now I have :blush:

Ahhh, so it's some of the things we say that makes you laugh? :unsure:

American's say things that I find funny too. Like Pants for trousers and Fanny for bum. :fear: :lol:

^:giggle: not only what you say but how you say it too :D

omg trousers :doh: that word kills me :lol: I keep forgetting to use it at school and I'm always like pa...I mean trousers :D :lol:

fanny...hm I don't use that I prefer butt :D

Oh yeah I forgot about fanny for bum :p Didn't John McEnroe say something during Wimbledon a year or so ago along the lines of "I wish people would sit on their fannies..." or something similar? Then the english commentator had to "translate" what he meant? :p lol

oh yeah i forgot about fanny for bum :p didn't john mcenroe say something during wimbledon a year or so ago along the lines of "i wish people would sit on their fannies..." or something similar? Then the english commentator had to "translate" what he meant? :p lol

omg! lmao!!!! :lmao:

Oh yeah I forgot about fanny for bum :p Didn't John McEnroe say something during Wimbledon a year or so ago along the lines of "I wish people would sit on their fannies..." or something similar? Then the english commentator had to "translate" what he meant? :p lol

:lmao: I have no idea who you're talking about but really? hahah they had to translate?

:lmao: I see, it's a good thing I never use it then :hysterical:

edit: @ spoonie haha

Back