Blanket's Birthday...[Donation button added on Post #13]

Did we decide what we gonna buy for him? I mean anything specific?Any thing chosen?

Hi Guys,

I did not know donations were from $5-$10 so I have been donating $20. It does not matter though because the more we have left over the better for the charities.

ELLA I am glad you are sending the remainder to the charities. When SDEIDJS gave this option I was worried because most Children up to age 16 (at least) like tangible gifts they can hold in their hands. I was also worried that we would then have a big debate on charity versus the gifts. Even though charity is great children like concrete gifts. When we become older most of us really feel excited about giving to charity, etc.

HOWEVER, I see that with all your GOOD THINKING AND KNOWLEDGE YOU CAME UP WITH THE RIGHT COMPROMISE--the remainder goes to charity. AS MICHAEL WOULD SAY--God Bless You.

yeah I know what you mean, it's kinda hard to please everyone ;)

I was wondering the same thing. That maybe it should be a 'fair' gift between all three of the kids..? As in not having to be the exact same gift(s) as Prince's,but perhaps the same 'type' you guys know how I mean? How do I say it..? Like maybe the price range..? make it Fair & Equal? I looked online last night a little bit and I am aware of the slim pickings just from what I've seen. There's gotta be more places who deliever, Has anyone looked in their area for shops? Searched by their location? Sry. guys just brain storming. I really like the ideals everyones has came up with.
:wub:

I like the apple so far because it seems like something a kid would want..

Last edited:
^I like the idea of the bear. I remember an interview with that Star Wars actress Michael invited over for Christmas. When she asked Blanket what he wanted to have, he told her he only wanted a stuffed animal. So I guess that's a good one as well.
I don't really know about flowers, when I was around that age I preferred candy lol.

^I like the idea of the bear. I remember an interview with that Star Wars actress Michael invited over for Christmas. When she asked Blanket what he wanted to have, he told her he only wanted a stuffed animal. So I guess that's a good one as well.
I don't really know about flowers, when I was around that age I preferred candy lol.
Yeah I think you're right kids don't really wish to get flowers on their birthday, same goes for the apple imo.
The bear idea is nice I like this one it's cute :)
CT81_330x370.jpg

http://www.ftd.com/birthday-pcg/swe...hday-bouquet/occasion-birthday/9ct7/?gbb=CT81

Maybe we should give him cookies instead of candy? They are getting candy this week already (I am sure Prince will share with his siblings :) ), so won't it be too much for them to get the same next week as well?

Hope you received it … Are you going to put name and country? It would be so sweet. :wub: Thank you for doing this.

Thank you very much for your donation! Sadly, we will not be able to put our name or country on the card. The card that will be sent is the size of a business card, so there would be no way for it all fit. The card will say "Happy Birthday Blanket! Love, the MJJCommunity Board Members".

Hope you received it … Are you going to put name and country? It would be so sweet. :wub: Thank you for doing this.

Can I suggest we do not get Blanket flowers.

He's going to be 8 right? I've worked in a classroom of 8 year old boys and I don't think flowers would be appreciated to the fullest at that age. We already have flowers for Prince, and probably will for Paris. How about we get little Blanket something that he can actually, like, physically enjoy - thats what they like at that age... I know flowers are beautiful but I really really think they would be a waste of money for Blanket, he's 8. If I got them for my cousins who are around that age, male or female they wouldn't be appreciated, they'd just end up on the side never looked at again.

Balloons with.. cookies, some kind of activity/toy - like that spiderman thing or candy (though there will be loads of candy from Prince's gift) would be better I think.

If a fan going to the house is creepy, how about we see if we can send it to Raffles and he takes it over, like he did with Shannon's project?

Can I suggest we do not get Blanket flowers.

He's going to be 8 right? I've worked in a classroom of 8 year old boys and I don't think flowers would be appreciated to the fullest at that age. We already have flowers for Prince, and probably will for Paris. How about we get little Blanket something that he can actually, like, physically enjoy - thats what they like at that age... I know flowers are beautiful but I really really think they would be a waste of money for Blanket, he's 8. If I got them for my cousins who are around that age, male or female they wouldn't be appreciated, they'd just end up on the side never looked at again.

QUOTE]

I'm agree with you.

I agree about flowers (although there was a really cool suggestion of flowers in a truck in the beginning of the thread or there's an option of choosing flowers with a bear). But for some reason I am not fond of an idea of asking someone to deliver the gift... I think it's so great that we can just order something for the kids without asking anyone's help. It makes the gift more personal...

But if everybody else agrees to ask someone's help in delivering the gifts, I am okay with that...

I agree with you, after giving it some thought. I would feel we would be intruding. I love all these gift baskets, but, they would have to be shipped. And after some personal experience with Fedex and UPS, I would be afraid our gift would be thrown around in a box and a complete mess once delivered. So, I'm wanting to really stay with a delivery company, 1800FLOWERS has a company called 1800BASKETS that delivers. Like I said, I'm just afraid everything will be tossed around and a mess.
I agree about flowers (although there was a really cool suggestion of flowers in a truck in the beginning of the thread or there's an option of choosing flowers with a bear). But for some reason I am not fond of an idea of asking someone to deliver the gift... I think it's so great that we can just order something for the kids without asking anyone's help. It makes the gift more personal...

But if everybody else agrees to ask someone's help in delivering the gifts, I am okay with that...

I agree with you, after giving it some thought. I would feel we would be intruding. I love all these gift baskets, but, they would have to be shipped. And after some personal experience with Fedex and UPS, I would be afraid our gift would be thrown around in a box and a complete mess once delivered. So, I'm wanting to really stay with a delivery company, 1800FLOWERS has a company called 1800BASKETS that delivers. Like I said, I'm just afraid everything will be tossed around and a mess.

Never thought of that, you're right.

I'm trying to find other sites that to the delivery we need appart from 1800 and ftd and that other one we used for Prince.

What do I need to search for 'hand delivery companies usa'?

I found a balloon one.. http://www.balloonplanet.com/

This is one - www.proflowers.com - don't know if they hand deliver though, I can't find any info on that. They have cookie bouquets, and stuff.

Something like this or like those activity gift baskets could be ONE OF B's gifts, this might be too young for him though and I don't know if they hand deliver.

KB_09_GEN_TY400174_W1_PF

$29.95

Item Description:
  • 24 Crayola® crayons
  • 12 pieces of Crayola® chalk
  • Pad of paper
  • Mini chalk board and eraser
  • Front pocket, perfect for stickers
  • Personalization available (front pocket)
  • Ages 3 and up
  • Licensed by Crayola®
  • Measures 8¼” x 8¼”H
  • Item #30006953
Spark young minds and creative imagination for the busy child on the go with this fun and mobile art kit. A great way to spend their time while out and about, the Doodlebag features all the things they need to help make every outing fun, including a pad of paper, 24 Crayola® crayons, 12 pieces of Crayola® chalk and a mini chalkboard with eraser. A zipper closure keeps everything in place and a front pocket is perfect for stickers. Pocket may be personalized with up to 15 characters.

http://products.proflowers.com/gifts/doodlebag-30006953?viewpos=37&trackingpgroup=bab&ref=HomeNoRef&pagesplit=

PLUS cookies.. (for example:)

COR_BOQ_EDY07_BdayGiftsPF_l

Item Description:
  • 7 Piece Cookie Bouquet
  • Item #41483
Send your birthday wishes with our giant cookie bouquet. Complete with iced bundles of balloons, colorful gifts, and cakes with candles, this bouquet is as tasty as it is cheerful.

http://products.proflowers.com/flow...=8&trackingpgroup=bd4&ref=HomeNoRef&pagesplit=

OR

93032z.jpg

Happy Birthday Decorated Pretzels

Whether it’s their birthday or yours, celebrate the big day with rich chocolate covered pretzels that are a truly delicious gift.
Be the first to write a review

1. Your itemHappy Birthday Decorated Pretzels ($24.99)

http://ww30.1800baskets.com/product.do?baseCode=93032&cm_cid=r

PLUS balloons (for example:)

eg.

Last edited:
Could we buy some thing else like a toy or game for blanket instead of flower? He is still to small to appreciate the flowers.

Re: Blanket's Birthday...[Donation button added]

FedEx / UPS is good for commercial items. The Bday item we are planing to send to Blanket should be delivered by the seller themselve. Agree :)

:clapping: Cool !! I love the shoe above since I saw Blanket wears this kind of shoes :)

my confirm number 8A134555FF283632Y

Last edited:
Ok, I probaby have too much time on my hands to be thinking things like this, but I just had this thought... Do you think it's possible that Katherine might not let the kids eat the goodies/cookies or whatever we send them? I'm not sure I woud, if I wasn't 100% sure that the sender is someone who's trustworthy. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but there are all kinds of loonies out there, and there's always a possibility that some crazy person would try to harm the kids. (sending them poisoned cookies) :unsure:

Even if the card says that it's from the members of MJJC, how could they be sure of that? Anyone could send a gift with a card saying they are fans.

If we send Blanket some crayons or stuff like that, then there's no problem. But if we send candies/cookies they might not be allowed to eat them.

Call me paranoid if you will, lol, but I reckon this is something to think about. What do you think?

Ok, I probaby have too much time on my hands to be thinking things like this, but I just had this thought... Do you think it's possible that Katherine might not let the kids eat the goodies/cookies or whatever we send them? I'm not sure I woud, if I wasn't 100% sure that the sender is someone who's trustworthy. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but there are all kinds of loonies out there, and there's always a possibility that some crazy person would try to harm the kids. (sending them poisoned cookies) :unsure:

Even if the card says that it's from the members of MJJC, how could they be sure of that? Anyone could send a gift with a card saying they are fans.

If we send Blanket some crayons or stuff like that, then there's no problem. But if we send candies/cookies they might not be allowed to eat them.

Call me paranoid if you will, lol, but I reckon this is something to think about. What do you think?
TBH, I don't think Katherine will care much about it.

That's also the reason why I want our gifts to be delivered by the company. That way they will be sure it's not poisoned or anything...

Anyway, a delivery for Prince is today so we'll know soon if our gift was accepted...

Yeah, I'm not really worried about Katherine objecting to the pressies.....she knows Michael has always received gifts from fans for both himself and his kids.....

plus in a recent magazine.....it says that she asks the chefs to make sweet treats for the kids.......

With so many cousins in the house, I think the yummy foods will be finished on the same day!

Not at all, I had the exact same thought when I bought Michael and his kids Thorntons Easter eggs one year when they were in London. Handed them in to security and they were taken up But I did think to myself I don't blame Michael if he doesn't or doesn't let the kids eat the chocolate.
I bet he was very very careful of things like that.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about Katherine objecting to the pressies.....she knows Michael has always received gifts from fans for both himself and his kids.....

plus in a recent magazine.....it says that she asks the chefs to make sweet treats for the kids.......

With so many cousins in the house, I think the yummy foods will be finished on the same day!

You're right, I don't think Katherine would object to gifts in general! Like I said, if it was crayons/comic books or something like that, then no problem. The only reason she might not feel comfortable letting the kids eat these goodies would be that she'd fear they were poisoned. Cuz you never know, there are some sick ppl out there. I hope you get my point :)

But I guess they'll feel safe about it if they're delivered through a company instead of some fan.

Not at all, I had the exact same thought when I bought Michael and his kids Thorntons Easter eggs one year when they were in London. Handed them in to security and they were taken up But I did think to myself I don't blame Michael if he doesn't or doesn't let the kids eat the chocolate.
I bet he was very very careful of things like that.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who thinks like this, makes me feel a little less paranoid :cheeky: And btw, how nice of you to bring them Easter eggs, I bet they were happy (if they were allowed to eat them)! Anyhow, that's a sweet gesture :wub:

That's also the reason why I want our gifts to be delivered by the company. That way they will be sure it's not poisoned or anything...

Anyway, a delivery for Prince is today so we'll know soon if our gift was accepted...
I agree.

Back