Anyone got their "Hot Toys MJ Thriller" already? :)

I absolutely have to get one of those figures!! What a fantastic collectors piece!! Congrats to all who got them...I wish I could get them now, but what with the Opus, Christmas and other bills, it's not possible..

love the pics :D

But it can wait, i am waiting as well. Just for the time when i have some money again, then i will buy it. I'm not afraid those body things will get out of stock.

Someone on a forum, has changed things himselves of the Thriller head...he did an amazing job and i have to say it's more accurate than Hot Toys'.

4267645638_f7a9fa33a3_o.jpg

U think so?
In my opinion the one from Hot Toys still looks the best but the one from ur pic is great as well! :)

Yeah, look at the eyes. They are more accurate than the Hot toys one, compare them with MJ Thriller pics and you'll see it :)

Damn, you're right!
So I paid over 170€ for my figure now and ended up havin' one with a bit worse head on it than a better one available? Aaaahhh that sucks...
Well, can I find this head shown in ur pic' on ebay?

i didn't even know these existed! Actually they don't look much different from the MJ dolls that came out in the 80s....I got the "Thriller" one at a flea market for only $20 (and this was RIGHT AFTER his death if you can believe that). I think I am going to steal an idea from this thread and buy some zombie action figures for him to dance with!

i didn't even know these existed! Actually they don't look much different from the MJ dolls that came out in the 80s....I got the "Thriller" one at a flea market for only $20 (and this was RIGHT AFTER his death if you can believe that). I think I am going to steal an idea from this thread and buy some zombie action figures for him to dance with!

I have one of these dolls u mentioned, too! But come on, it doesn't look like the one from Hot Toys, not at all!

Haha, the 80's dolls look like crap IMHO.
And the clothes of the Hot Toys dolls are on a whole other leven; the detail is amazing!

I received my "slim" body today and it's perfect!
I had to cut the head off the spare body cause I couldn't get the head to pop off... This is some crappy system, but you only need to do it once, so ;)
Also: I thought the shoes would fit, but it turns out the feet aren't supposed to stay on the body, you take off the feet and plug the feetless legs in the shoes :D

Haha, the 80's dolls look like crap IMHO.
And the clothes of the Hot Toys dolls are on a whole other leven; the detail is amazing!

I received my "slim" body today and it's perfect!
I had to cut the head off the spare body cause I couldn't get the head to pop off... This is some crappy system, but you only need to do it once, so ;)
Also: I thought the shoes would fit, but it turns out the feet aren't supposed to stay on the body, you take off the feet and plug the feetless legs in the shoes :D

Yepp, this is true!
The detail on the face and clothes are almost perfect!

Hahahaha, Mike lost his feet, omg! :D
Mine lost his hands cuz' I put his hands into his pockets of the jacket but I noticed that the hands won't fit into cuz' they're too big, so I just took them off! :D

Oh no no no, with all due respect..but this has wrong 100% written al over it. For real.

The dolls from the 80's are horrible, i saw them awhile ago, and recently again on Ebay. It;s CRAP! If you're gonna compare them to Hot Toys...that's like comparing a Fiat car to a..say....Ferarri? Just everything about the hot toys figure screams quality, the little details from the clothing to the face of the zombie and normal MJ.

As for that other head...it's been redone by someone on a forum for collectables and things like that. He just did it for his own figure. Not on ebay or anything. But it's no big deal, it's not like i'm unhappy with my figure. It's an amazingly cool thing to have and display/show off.

oh...

This........

opo87m.jpg

10pnl9j.jpg

Or this.......

mj_thriller_hottoys.jpg

jacksonhottoys2.jpg

So....not that different? You might wanna take a quick look..cause really, that's all it takes to see what a world of difference there is. From the amazingly detailed shoes,face,clothing to simply the likeness of MJ himself. When you see the Hot Toys photos..you see MJ...when you see that 80's...stuff..you see amateur stuff.

Last edited:
Oh no no no, with all due respect..but this has wrong 100% written al over it. For real.

The dolls from the 80's are horrible, i saw them awhile ago, and recently again on Ebay. It;s CRAP! If you're gonna compare them to Hot Toys...that's like comparing a Fiat car to a..say....Ferarri? Just everything about the hot toys figure screams quality, the little details from the clothing to the face of the zombie and normal MJ.

As for that other head...it's been redone by someone on a forum for collectables and things like that. He just did it for his own figure. Not on ebay or anything. But it's no big deal, it's not like i'm unhappy with my figure. It's an amazingly cool thing to have and display/show off.

oh...

This........

opo87m.jpg

10pnl9j.jpg

Or this.......

mj_thriller_hottoys.jpg

jacksonhottoys2.jpg

So....not that different? You might wanna take a quick look..cause really, that's all it takes to see what a world of difference there is. From the amazingly detailed shoes,face,clothing to simply the likeness of MJ himself. When you see the Hot Toys photos..you see MJ...when you see that 80's...stuff..you see amateur stuff.

What a nice post, I couldn't've said it any better myself!
The one from Hot Toys is awesome even tho' I still have this doll, too!

And PS: Yes, ur right - I'm happy with my Hot Toys figure, as well even tho' the other head was really nice, too!

jesus, all I meant was this doll reminded me of the doll from the 80s....you don't have to freak out over it and tell me I'm "wrong" for having an opinion

I could probably take a bad quality picture of the Hot Toys doll with the shirt missing, no shoes or socks, with the outfit on crooked (like you did with the LJN doll) and put it next to a professional looking shot of the LJN doll with everything set up perfectly and make it look better than the Hot Toys one.

anyway its just a doll, there is no need to be ridiculous over which one is better

I don't understand something here: are you able to buy the costumes and heads alone at any online stores? because I see a lot of the individual parts for sale on ebay and it seems like its a lot cheaper to just buy the costume, body, and head and put it together yourself than it would be to pay $189 for the whole doll at once

also, anyone know anything about this Smooth Criminal doll? http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Michael-Jac...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item25583cdbb9

I don't think it was made by Hot Toys....but did this company make any other MJ dolls?

The first one looks pretty great for the cheap price! :)
The second one is awesome but waaay too expensive! But there's another Smooth Criminal figure on ebay, with the body of Hot Toys and just another head on it. The face doesn't look as good as this one but it is still pretty nice, tho'! And also it is way cheaper than this one there. You have the option/choice to either buy only the clothes together with the new head or buy the whole set with the body included. ;)

jesus, all I meant was this doll reminded me of the doll from the 80s....you don't have to freak out over it and tell me I'm "wrong" for having an opinion

I could probably take a bad quality picture of the Hot Toys doll with the shirt missing, no shoes or socks, with the outfit on crooked (like you did with the LJN doll) and put it next to a professional looking shot of the LJN doll with everything set up perfectly and make it look better than the Hot Toys one.

anyway its just a doll, there is no need to be ridiculous over which one is better

And that's why i said 'with all due respect', i am not the one freaking out, you obviously are. That example about taking a wrong picture of the hot toys one and it looking less, is...i'm sorry...wrong again..IN MY OPINION. I didn't take the picture, it's simply a picture from Ebay. And anyone can see that the Hot Toys one is a world of difference. It has nothing to do with a shirt missing or shoes, not at all. I saw the full thing awhile ago, it simply has nothing on the Hot Toys one. And sure, everybody has their own opinion, but please be real here. You can't deny this.

I could remove the red shirt, and shoes, and i already know for sure that the Hot Toys one will be still a world of difference, and that's pretty normal. Anyone can see that ALOT more attention was put on this one,and alot more time. And oh....i am ridiculing you? How exactly?

That surely wasn't my intention, and in my opinion i am not doing that at all. As for the 80's doll...here it is, complete, no things missing or anything.

http://collectibles-yardsale.com/__oneclick_uploads/2008/06/michael-jackson-thriller-doll.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iqvXKIUfK...BlA/dm6sPWCTtbE/s400/Michael-Jackson-Doll.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2663/3746318397_6ed92aeaea.jpg

Last edited:
I got my figure, and I love it! I'm scared to move him though incase he breaks haha.

I know he's well made but I have some sort of OCD over all my Michael things :bugeyed

I want to get the second body too though :yes:

The Billie Jean one is that the same as the one released by hot toys or a copy? its seems too cheap to be true lol.

I got my figure, and I love it! I'm scared to move him though incase he breaks haha.

I know he's well made but I have some sort of OCD over all my Michael things :bugeyed

Lol if your worried about it breaking when you move him.. dont try changing the head.. i almost had a heart attack, looked like i was gonna pull the neck piece out! The second body is def needed :yes:

The Billie Jean one is that the same as the one released by hot toys or a copy? its seems too cheap to be true lol.

Lol if your worried about it breaking when you move him.. dont try changing the head.. i almost had a heart attack, looked like i was gonna pull the neck piece out! The second body is def needed :yes:

The statue? That's not from Hot Toys :), but it's pretty cool looking, and a nice addition for the collection for sure.

I'm just like you! :D
But I think everybody here is...no wonder if u pay about 150-200€ for a figure only! :D

Normally i'm very careful and all that, but just out of the blue i decided to grab the figure and started pulling the head gently, and pretty soon it came off. But with the joint still stuck up inside the head, lol.

Normally i'm very careful and all that, but just out of the blue i decided to grab the figure and started pulling the head gently, and pretty soon it came off. But with the joint still stuck up inside the head, lol.

Hahahaha, you are funny! :D
First I was reading your first sentence and when I was finished I was like, "Hmm, well if you do it carefully it seems to work" and right after I was finished thinkin' that and started reading the next sentence I was like, "Aaahhhh..." and gave up on my first thought! :D

Hahahaha, you are funny! :D
First I was reading your first sentence and when I was finished I was like, "Hmm, well if you do it carefully it seems to work" and right after I was finished thinkin' that and started reading the next sentence I was like, "Aaahhhh..." and gave up on my first thought! :D

I actually at one point started pulling harder, but that didn't work. Actually when you just try to get the neck with head off, it goes pretty easily. I just wanted to try out the zombie head on the body. But it doesn't stay on it, cause the joint is inside the MJ head, hehe. So i'm eventually gonna buy another 'body' to display both MJ's. It's the only way.

But very very cool that it's possible, that you can buy these loose parts , instead of having to buy a complete new MJ figure.

I actually at one point started pulling harder, but that didn't work. Actually when you just try to get the neck with head off, it goes pretty easily. I just wanted to try out the zombie head on the body. But it doesn't stay on it, cause the joint is inside the MJ head, hehe. So i'm eventually gonna buy another 'body' to display both MJ's. It's the only way.

Yeah, I think this is the best!

But very very cool that it's possible, that you can buy these loose parts , instead of having to buy a complete new MJ figure.

Yes, that's true!
If it wasn't like that it'd be veeeery expensive...!

Wait I thought you got both bodies? A zombie body and a normal one?

With the hot toys figure u get:

- normal MJ (body + head + hands + clothes)
- zombie MJ but only the head + clothes
- and the figure stand

But u don't get two bodies like one normal and one zombie version! ;)

Back