Anyone else apprehensive about the new album?

^^ His lying a$$! :lol: If you get like 15 million views, my opinion is don't you finish it and then PUT IT OUT and increase attention. I mean if the song was a way to get Michael BACK as it was, wouldn't YOU put all the stops on it? You don't get frustrated when the internet leaks it. We should know how the net works nowadays. Anyways, moving on...

2009 is gonna be a weird year, lol.

lol..yeah..right..finish it so it will be a ten ton clunker that is hard to digest, instead of a lightweight feathery tune on repeat. lol

then u have to put it in the jazz section so it'll receive an honorary grammy. :lol:

ahhh from the chronicles of the never satisfied dry-spell-odians..lol...so it'll be like the times that Gwen Stefani said that it's damn hard to write..lol, in that american express credit card commercial. :lol:

Last edited:
i feel he has settled at times for whatever and it's not always the best choices. he can run rough shot over alot of these newbie producers and writers and it shows.if he was hungry believe the quality would be there.

i feel he has settled at times for whatever and it's not always the best choices. he can run rough shot over alot of these newbie producers and writers and it shows.if he was hungry believe the quality would be there.

one man's treasure.....

He probably didn't trust the song or the way the producer did it (since it wasn't even his production), lol. "Akon I'm not ready yet, take it off." :lol:

"But it's 15 million views, Mike."
"I don't care, this is your song but I don't sound good on this, take it off."

LOL

Akon lying for Mike because Mike told him the song sucked. :lol:

*listens to HMH on repeat as he peruses a second thread dedicated to the song, whilst remembering the numerous interviewers begging Akon as to why the song had not been released despite the leak. and seeing that MJ was 'so ashamed of the leak' that he 'never came outside to greet fans, since the leak.'* :lol:

Anyway, I think the apprehension has a lot to do with people hoping for an album and it never comes at a predicted time. Lots of folks are assuming a lot of different things is going on with the album but no one really knows what for sure what's going on. People who had computers during the INVINCIBLE era should know things ain't gonna be what they gonna be because there's always gonna be people talking about the album and the possibilities or impossibilities in message boards. :lol:

15 million downloads is not possible! It'd be at the top of several charts and it'd probably be featured on YouTube as well. Akon's a funny guy!

We have to be realistic and remember that even though Michael is a genius and everything else, he is still human and capable of making bad mistakes or decisions.

Sony have said that they are pushing for a 'hits-only' record, which in theory sounds great, but when we're talking about a songwriter like Michael Jackson, it's not a good thing. It's a terrible waste of talent and new ideas. Even IF all the songs are radio-friendly, it doesn't mean they're going to be played, as Janet's latest albums have shown. So I really hope to God that MJ says, "F**k that, I'm doing my own thing here and it's gonna be unreal."

I enjoyed reading this thread, so many opinions. As for apprehensions, I have some because Mike needs this album to be big and pushed hard through promo and appearances and more preferably live shows. I think by now Mike has the creative part down and I trust his judgment in songs. He just has to weed through the 100 or so songs he probably has written. What Mike needs is huge promotion. We need buses with his name on it, I think BAD era promo would be great.

15 million downloads is not possible! It'd be at the top of several charts and it'd probably be featured on YouTube as well. Akon's a funny guy!

We have to be realistic and remember that even though Michael is a genius and everything else, he is still human and capable of making bad mistakes or decisions.

Sony have said that they are pushing for a 'hits-only' record, which in theory sounds great, but when we're talking about a songwriter like Michael Jackson, it's not a good thing. It's a terrible waste of talent and new ideas. Even IF all the songs are radio-friendly, it doesn't mean they're going to be played, as Janet's latest albums have shown. So I really hope to God that MJ says, "F**k that, I'm doing my own thing here and it's gonna be unreal."

Umm...what the idea behind Thriller that it would be a hits-only record?

that hits only comment came from that sony austrailia guy and considering all the other things he supposedly came out with hes hardly a credible source.

HMH was played on the most popular french station so who knows.its not like it wasnt known about over there.but 15 mill seems OTT. dont downloads count on their charts? (french fans)

Last edited:
^^ That's why I'm finding it hard to believe it was downloaded 15 million times. :lol: I mean he may have mean to say it was downloaded a lot. :lol: But 15 million? :lol:

Plus I thought "no one outside MJ boards heard it". :lol:

^^ That's why I'm finding it hard to believe it was downloaded 15 million times. :lol: I mean he may have mean to say it was downloaded a lot. :lol: But 15 million? :lol:

Plus I thought "no one outside MJ boards heard it". :lol:

well..let's face it..lol..we who are on the internet, are in sort of a cave...we don't necessarily know everything that's goin on, Marvin. lol

Lol, 15 mil is "a bit" too much :lol: Akon should set some limits when it comes to praising :lol:

But back on topic: I can see where your worries are coming from, Rob. I've been thinking about these things myself, and I also hope Michael will stick to his original, unique style. Let's face it, no one has made music like his in the past 10 years. (at least)
At the same time, I try not to stress over it. Until the album is on the shelves, there's no point criticising or praising anything. My hopes have stopped being up long ago, when something official is out, I'm gonna enjoy it; till then, it's only speculating ;)

Who knows, maybe the new album will make those who will collaborate (assuming they exist) sound like geniuses :lol: I don't care, really, as long as Michael continues to write great music ^_^

What if...

Michael decides not to do a comeback, but he choses to gather unrelased material and put out an album containing that. Then for his next album he'll write and record songs and then release an album containing that,does not do performances, or appearances.

How would you feel about that?

Re: What if...

He is making a new album now. I don't see the point in releasing and an album with previously-unreleased material at the moment. But when he passes away (hate that thought) there will definetly be unreleased material in the future.

exactly, too much of this what if and what and when. His making a new album, by now everyone should know. Just sit back and be paitent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael decides not to do a comeback, but he choses to gather unrelased material and put out an album containing that. Then for his next album he'll write and record songs and then release an album containing that,does not do performances, or appearances.

How would you feel about that?

:angel:If it works for him...It works for me...

I would love for Michael to release an album of (digitally remastered) previously unreleased songs. And if they sound old, That might actually be a good thing. I hear so many people say that Michael should bring back the "Off The Wall" and "Thriller" style stuff. I personally don't agree. But in terms of hits/sales, an album of songs dug out of the vault would be great.

Last edited:

:*****:

Hey iboz, I'd really like to meet you you know...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael collaborates with so many, and many of these collaborations do not make the final cut. Michael learned from early on that input from other artists, blending styles gives a fresh idea of what to do. He works with Akon because he finds the melodies Akon creates to fit his own style. All good artists create their own stuff, but always collaborate with other artists, producers. Will I Am is known for his production. Michael often have the melodies, but let the producer use that melody and give t heir own idea of what it should sound like. And if Michael agrees, they do it. If not they move on.

Michael does not decide to collaborate with an artist or producer simply because they are popular or hot, but because they are talented and have ideas that fit his own. Michael contacts them, not the other way. And no one says no, because it is Michael Jackson. So he knows he has this power and he uses it. It could well end up with Michael not using any songs he has done with Akon. Akon said it himself. And Akon doesn`t care. He does not care if his name will be on the album. Just to be in the studio, working with Michael was more then he could have dreamed of.

A true genius will use their own ideas and a true genius will also take inspiration from others

nothing to worry about, we all heard the T25 remixes and they sounded great , then we hear Hold My Hand which according to Akon was to be the first single from his new album.

Michael has always had some sort of help with his albums, because he has worked with certain people doesn't mean they will make the record. He is given a peace of music but will put his own sound to it.

I have faith in him bringing out a good record, i'm just getting bored waiting

Hold My Hand would have been a crap first single, not saying its not a good song but that would have been the biggest mistake. he needs to bring something funky out that will attract a wide audience.

Hold my Hand is nothing special

Last edited:
Hold My Hand wouldn't have been a very good first single. It's a great song, but it's nothing special and sure not a good first single.

Back