And Here It Is: Jason Malachi's Long-Time Producer Spills The Beans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are all boycotting Michael's posthumous gift

lol if you even think for a second that michael would've wanted something to be released that has ad-libs and sounds recycled from old songs (like the scream from YRMW in BN etc.) then you must be really on a trip, even more so for calling this "michael's posthumous gift".

it's a "gift" from sony, and a pretty pitiful one and lame attempt.

I've never needed any expensive audio equipment to tell what artist I was listening to.

If you think its him, fine, but you shouldn't need $500 headphones and a lossless copy to tell its him. Earbuds and an mp3 should be fine.

This is true, I personally have listened to it with very expensive earphones and it doesnt make a bit of difference. It's never been needed before.

SONY? what have you been smoking, they are one of the most money greedy companies in the world. it deserves them right to fall on their face for putting fake songs on an MJ album.

I had to read this over and over again because I couldn't believe my eyes the first time.

Sarcasm never fails to amuse me.

In total agreement with you about that chocomarker - if you do it wrong and market it as what it is, when what it says it is indeed isn't anything even like that, then expect the backlash. Simple marketing 101 right there. I'm listening to all sides and not just taking the easy way of 'It ain't Michael there!!!'. It's important to listen to all sides and see what's been said, then analysing and breaking all that down.

It just annoys the hell out of me. It could have all been avoided had Sony said this is what Michael was planning but he never managed to record it, so we are giving you an idea of what it may have sounded like. It would have kept the fanbase together and not cause all this boycotting crap (which admittedly I have done).

As for trying it on a high-end sound system (Pioneer 5.1 setup), it sounds the exact same to me from a store-bought disc that I was lent (bought on the day of release!!!) and I listened again and again to make sure and putting them in their positions on the album is what makes them stand out even more so. The same on a computer, the same on that sound system, the same on an iPod, the same in a car CD player - no change.

Melodyne has nothing to do with it. The only tracks I'm sure Melodyne is on is The Way You Love Me (more than subtle use on the end of that track) and possibly Hollywood Tonight. It's not autotune, it's not pitch-shifting, it's not any kind of studio effect. The other thing is why destroy the master tapes. Do you not need these for remixes or remastering?

lol if you even think for a second that michael would've wanted something to be released that has ad-libs and sounds recycled from old songs (like the scream from YRMW in BN etc.) then you must be really on a trip, even more so for calling this "michael's posthumous gift".

Absolutely.

The only tracks I'm sure he was going back to work on were Best of Joy and Hold My Hand. It's like the Hendrix posthumous releases - they're very good and in some cases the songs are absolutely marvellous - but how many times can you say they were going to be his final album? You can only say that once - not six or seven times over 40 years!!!

I honestly think Sony did a very good job by putting together the new album. Many fans love this new music and just want to enjoy it. Critics and radio listeners seem to be very positive too. Only some of his 'fans' are doing their all to destroy this album's success. Who needs enemies with fans like these?
I wanted to enjoy it. I had my money ready, wanted to go down at 9am that morning and be excited and was all ready to be captivated. Then this. I felt let down and still do every time I see it. And I'm a fan - I have been for 15 years now and still go out of my way to pay more than I should and put in more time than I should to get the singles and rare bits and pieces. I defend him against people calling him a nutter or stupid.

So I'm a fan I think. I'm just not a fan of saying something is something when in fact it's not even close.

Last edited:

Of course they have to recycle stuff, since Michael is not here to complete it. If Michael would not have wanted this he could have easily have put that in his will. I think he knew how it worked when famous recording artists die. Same for him.

I honestly think Sony did a very good job by putting together the new album. Many fans love this new music and just want to enjoy it. Critics and radio listeners seem to be very positive too. Only some of his 'fans' are doing their all to destroy this album's success. Who needs enemies with fans like these?

PR: Using the news or business press to carry positive stories about your company or your products; cultivating a good relationship with local press representatives

Just put the word "false" before all of that and you'll get it.

Of course they have to recycle stuff, since Michael is not here to complete it. If Michael would not have wanted this he could have easily have put that in his will. I think he knew how it worked when famous recording artists die. Same for him.

^ This.

Have you listened to the Cascio tracks on a good audio system (not a computer)? It's crystal clear Michael, but if you insist it's not him it's obviously not Jason M. Since you are all boycotting Michael's posthumous gift I doubt you have listened to the amazing quality end product, which has swayed the opinion of a lot initial doubters.

1) The rest 7 songs on 'Michael' plus every song MJ ever did (including 2000Watts, Shout or whatever) sound like him no matter how recorded or what audio system you play them

2) It's not crystal clear Michael and the voice resembles Jason's voice more than Michael's

3) I AM boycotting because this fraud is a disgrace to the artist

4) I tried to listen the Cascio tracks again in lossless wav quality, but still they fail to pass as Michael Jackson's vocals

5) Those who could hear the difference initially, can also hear it after purchasing the album (see also the thread 'have your opinions changed about the cascio tracks?')

6) The rest 7 songs are gems IMO and I love them (and listen to them daily)

This is true, I personally have listened to it with very expensive earphones and it doesnt make a bit of difference. It's never been needed before.

That's really a pity for such an expensive sound system. To me it made a world of difference compared to my laptop. You hear bass, voice and all added sounds much clearer, which makes the overall listening experience much more intense. I read on this board that some members changed their opinion after listening to the actual cd instead of the leaks and streams. You didn't obviously. Tooooo bad *Michael singing on Monster*.

That's really a pity for such an expensive sound system. To me it made a world of difference compared to my laptop. You hear bass, voice and all added sounds much clearer, which makes the overall listening experience much more intense. I read on this board that some members changed their opinion after listening to the actual cd instead of the leaks and streams. You didn't obviously. Tooooo bad *Michael singing on Monster*.

Vocals will never sound markedly different the way bass, guitar and drums do. Take it from someone who works with this stuff and mixes it.

An example: I listen to orchestral hard rock. So putting that on a bigger system makes it sound like that orchestra and guitar is in the room, behind me, to the sides of me - literally kicking the shit out of me and punching me in the heart and lungs; the bass and drums literally thump. I can pick up the snares, the cymbals, the kick drum, the hi-hat, the vocal breathing - all that, individually. I can tell when the bass has been adjusted to give it a more deeper feel.

I can't do that with these vocals nor the ones I'm mixing. That's why I have my thoughts on the whole thing. I honestly wanted to support this album but I can't. It just gives me a bad vibe. You know when you're in a house or a building that's had some kind of bad prescence in it - I love being there all alone - not that strong but it gives off a similar feel, like I know something's up but I can't prove it.

Guys , the vocals from breaking news in this youtube clip are DELAYED !!! (maybe to fool us)

Compare with the original , there you hear more cleary MJ !! ;)

Oh it all sounds better. I actually like the songs, I love the beat on Monster and Breaking News. It doesnt magically make the vocals sound more like Michael though.....

Why should we need an expensive sound system to be able to tell if its Michael or not. People should trust their initial instincts when they heard the song unless proof is presented to them.

People have been analyzing these vocals for over a month now when they should really have just stuck to what they thought within the first few days of listening to it.

^To drewhiggins: Ok, I back out of this expert discussion as I am none, but I just wanted to point out that I think the overall listening experience is way better and some fans commented the cd (it might also have something to do with the supposed changed made on Breaking News) did change their minds. Almost half of the non-believers did change their opinion after hearing the end result if I'm not mistaken.

Roosje;3135104 said:
Have you listened to the Cascio tracks on a good audio system (not a computer)? It's crystal clear Michael, but if you insist it's not him it's obviously not Jason M. Since you are all boycotting Michael's posthumous gift I doubt you have listened to the amazing quality end product, which has swayed the opinion of a lot initial doubters.

I can only say exactly these things about it...----->

L.T.D;3135108 said:
I've listened to it on a great sound system with earphones that cost me hundreds. Doesnt make a bit of difference to me.

This

samhabib;3135109 said:
"Michael's posthumous gift"? Wow...

This

Superstition;3135110 said:
I've never needed any expensive audio equipment to tell what artist I was listening to.

If you think its him, fine, but you shouldn't need $500 headphones and a lossless copy to tell its him. Earbuds and an mp3 should be fine.

This

GThomson93;3135111 said:
Eugh. I can't wait for all this to be over. ¬_¬

And DEFINITELY this!!!!!

Guys , THIS VOCALS from breaking news in this youtube clip ARE DELAYED !!! TO FOOL US ;)

Compare with the original , there you hear more cleary MJ !!

^To SB: Well, I can see you put much thought in your post. This is a regurgitated discussion as it is, no need to make it worse.

Guys , THIS VOCALS from breaking news in this youtube clip ARE DELAYED !!! TO FOOL US ;)

Compare with the original , there you hear more cleary MJ !!

Let them do as they wish with the vocals. If one of the members here can pitch up the vocals on the three songs to prove it's MJ, then let them pitch down the vocals, if they feel it proves it's JM.

Both sides should have their say, in my opinion.

^To SB: Well, I can see you put much thought in your post. This is a regurgitated discussion as it is, no need to make it worse.

Those people said exactly what i wanted to say. It doesn't matter if i hear the cd, or if i hear it in the car on MP3, or on my MP3 player or on my headphones. I tried all of them and there was no difference...i never ever had to do that with any kind of music, really. And certainly never with Michael Jackson's music.

This debate has gone on WAY too long now. I'm getting sick of it personally. It never ends. These posters on MaxJax continue to stir up problems by constantly questioning every single person. The quest for attention continues. This so called ex "manager" doesn't seem to know what he's saying. It's his opinion.

I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal over this?

Let them do as they wish with the vocals. If one of the members here can pitch up the vocals on the three songs to prove it's MJ, then let them pitch down the vocals, if they feel it proves it's JM.

Both sides should have their say, in my opinion.

Yes but also read this : http://www.legendarymichaeljackson.nl/?p=3098

I think we can trust this guy !! He followed Michael more then 20 years !

This debate has gone on WAY too long now. I'm getting sick of it personally. It never ends. These posters on MaxJax continue to stir up problems by constantly questioning every single person. The quest for attention continues. This so called ex "manager" doesn't seem to know what he's saying. It's his opinion.

I agree. Just face it. This is no proof at all.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I remember that as soon as I heard Breaking News, there was a small part of me thinking ..... Jason Malachi. The rest of me was thinking......what the hell is this!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back