American Idol: J-Lo - "We are trying to find the next MJ"

Well, that's not upset me - For me, it sounds like they want the higher level - it told "we are trying to find" not "we're are going to find" - Michael is THE HIGHEST reference in the music world. it's quite nice for me.

And of course they won't find ;-)

When are people going to learn to ignore comments like this? Whats the point in making a new thread everytime someone says somethig like this? It allways ends up the same.

'There will never be anoher MJ!'

No matter how much you say it, people are allways going to say things like this.

There will never be another Michael Jackson!!! good luck with the search!

I think saying things like 'I dont care for her as a person anymore' is a bit extreme and dramatic......dont ya think? -_-

Michael rose the bar and then he broke it so alot of people will try to get to his level. Keyword being try.

While I'm really annoyed that Jennifer has been signed on as a judge (something about her irritates me, including her singing voice), I take her comment in a positive way. American Idol the show has always been respectful of Michael and even shortly before his death had an MJ week. So Jen is just raising the standard for the talent. But I agree, they will never find the next Michael Jackson because there was and always will be one. Heck, I'm still waiting for the next Kelly Clarkson, lol.

I don't watch American Idol, but I don't think Steven Tyler & Jenny Lopez are really good choices for judges. They seem kinda boring. Now if they want to have a more interesting show, these are a better bet. :D

David Lee Roth
davidleeroth.jpg

Iris Chacon
Cantante_FL003918.jpg

Robin Williams
robin-williams-in-august-rush.jpg

Cyndi Lauper
a446cyndi-lauper.jpg

I'm sick of that crap. There will never be another Michael Jackson. There's only one Michael Jackson just like there is only one J-Lo. There is only one me and only one you. Michael was a rare form, he is unique. Good luck finding someone with his same talent, magic, dedication, etc. It won't happen. Just appreciate what he's left with us for the past 40+ years. There's still more coming.

If they want "another Michael Jackson" then they better stop looking for "another Michael Jackson." Michael was original and one of a kind, something the next superstar won't be because they'll be too busy trying to imitate Michael. We've already had a "Michael Jackson," give us something new. But to be honest...with the way music is today, nobody will reach Michael's status. They just won't. Michael Jackson is just about the best you can get :)heart:).

should i slap her.....or....hmm... yea anyways. why do that? you're only putting the weight of the world on those peoples shoulders. They know they'll never be able 2 live up 2 Mikes legacy. She knows that aswell, hell she should be promoting her album cuz that last one....or two...anyway. Find the next big thing as themself and not trying 2be any1 else. thats what the industry is lacking, no 1 is original and im sick of these lesser clones

THERES ONLY ONE MICHAEL JACKSON. You are not going to find any superstar from american idol. These people are just reality tv actors. THERE NOBODY.

It's unrealistic of J-Lo to say they want to find the next Michael Jackson. American Idol is a manufactured pop show, looking for "singers" with no musical identity, no understanding of being creative and zero aesthetic.

Michael wrote/composed the majority of his greatest song without any songwriting collaboration on many of his classics. Even the very young Jackson 5, Michael in the early 1970's had his dancing and vocal that was very much his own style, he did James Brown dance moves as an 11yr old better than James Brown, and sang Who's Lovin You better than the amazing Smokey Robinson (which Smokey even says so himself).

What American Idol is really looking for is another Elvis Presley, who didn't write his own songs, and had them written specifically for him by other songwriters, or just did cover versions of other artists songs. Because even Elvis who didn't write his own songs was a self taught genius when it came to vocals, performing, image and style. So what a show like American Idol will most likely get is another Tom Jones, a nice guy, but he has a powerful voice that in my opinion he doesn't know how to use, doesn't write his own songs, records and performs too many cover versions and has zero aesthetic.

I think J-Lo is right saying it, and I DO believe they will find the next MJ.

Probably someone better than MJ actually, its not actually that hard.

All I have to do is give them my address.

THERES ONLY ONE MICHAEL JACKSON. You are not going to find any superstar from american idol. These people are just reality tv actors. THERE NOBODY.

I can't agree. There have been some really good talents that have come out of American Idol. Of course, no one in the same league as MJ...that will never happen. But I would hardly call Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Daughtry and Jordin Sparks (who is currently working on Broadway in the musical "In The Heights") nobodies. Even many of the lesser known former Idol contestants are working steadily in the business. It's just that none of these people can ever measure up to the multi-talented Michael Jackson whose career had longevity and depth.:)

Why didn't she say they will try to find the next JLo?
That would be brave from her... and way more realistic....:smilerolleyes:

To bad that is realistically impossible.... but nice catch phrase for ratings

Back