American Idol: J-Lo - "We are trying to find the next MJ"

Good luck with that. Her search will be about as fruitless as Heinrich Himmler's ludicrous search for the Holy Grail lol.

JLo wouldn't recognize talent even if it danced naked in front of her face.

next MJ?????? :bugeyed:doh:

i think she need a psychiatrist. because she is in a big dream world and should be treated. :no::no:eek:h God, she is too young, please help her, she wastes her time for this unrealistic thing.

I hate it when people say 'We're going to find the next Michael Jackson' They know and we know that will never ever happen, and plus do they really think they would find anyone that comes close on a reality tv show?

Why do you guys use your time on jerks like J-Lo? ignore this because they was born without brain..
There will never be another Michael Jackson. We said that 100 times now. Done. Don't make thread like this.

Last edited:
Be glad MJ is still mentioned and regarded as the pinnacle of superstardom. That's what J-lo is basically saying.

Of course there will never be another MJ. I was pleased when she said as she is basically saying (what we already know) Michael is the benchmark for a successful performer, its what every artist should aspire to be like. Its a compliment in a way...
I would have been pissed if she said she was looking for the next Usher/Neyo for example.

I've said this before & I'll say it again.

Isn't it great that everyone tries to emulate your hero?
Isn't it best that everyone wants to be like him and not not want to be him?
Isn't it better that his name & legacy is kept in the spotlight?
Isn't it better that Michael Jackson is still kept as the benchmark for all other performers to live up to?

Or would you rather people forgot about him & he was never mentioned again?

This is a great compliment and it's good to hear. The fact that the media and celebrities are always comparing artists to MJ and the achievements he had in his career speaks volumes. They never say they're looking for the next Beatles or the next Elvis. They always try to say both of those artists are 'better' than MJ, yet look who they always want to use as the benchmark - MJ.

Bravo J-LO!

so stupid. there is no next Michael Jackson. Michael is the only one.
as for American Idol, they've already got Lambert, a hugely talented guy but didnt let him win. which doesnt matter anyway.

when Michael was here, they didnt want him here. as he said from "where is he" to "here he is again" this world is so weird

Justin Timberflake, Usher, Chris Brown and many more to come are all the next MJ

I've said this before & I'll say it again.

Isn't it great that everyone tries to emulate your hero?
Isn't it best that everyone wants to be like him and not not want to be him?
Isn't it better that his name & legacy is kept in the spotlight?
Isn't it better that Michael Jackson is still kept as the benchmark for all other performers to live up to?

Or would you rather people forgot about him & he was never mentioned again?

Wow, exactly what I was thinking but just couldn't think of the right way to write it. Spot on. :clapping:

Mmm yeah...good luck with that. You're not going to find the "next Michael Jackson." Should have appreciated the one you had when he was here, if you're so desperate to look for a replacement. :sigh:

Mmm yeah...good luck with that. You're not going to find the "next Michael Jackson." Should have appreciated the one you had when he was here, if you're so desperate to look for a replacement. :sigh:
^^^^This...:clapping::clapping::clapping:

OMG OMG No she didn't !!!! :bugeyed:scratch::doh:

I am so glad someone posted this !!!:wub::agree::2cents:

Is J-Lo out of touch so bad she would say something like that with a straight face..for publicity !!:evil::no::bugeyed

I am not going to be watching American Idol if that's the case !!:2cents::no::mello::bugeyed

I only ask because, anyone who knows anything knows, there is NO NEXT Michael Jackson..:bugeyed:angel::doh::no::better:

It's like an OXY-MORON statement, everytime I hear it said by someone who is clueless to this fact !!!:puke::(

You feel me !!!:wub::agree::clapping::angel:

I am tired of people saying that. There is no next Michael Jackson. There is only one. People don't say let's find the next Elvis or Frank Sinatra etc. Maybe it's not a big deal but it just rubs me the wrong way I guess.

Why on earth would you settle for second best? ;)

Anyway I hope they manage to pull authentic artists this time around. But we'll see. Crystal should have won last season >_

No offense but,

:(never ever.

22 September 2010 Last updated at 19:50 ET Help Aerosmith frontman Stephen Tyler and the actress and singer, Jennifer Lopez, will be judges on the forthcoming 10th series of American Idol.

Lopez told a news conference that the nationwide search was on to find ''the next Michael Jackson''.

The new line-up was announced by presenter Ryan Seacrest in Los Angeles, ending months of speculation over who would join the judging panel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11395179

:bugeyed
You pretentious little ...!

I'm sorry but she just lost all of her credibility in my book. Didn't really care for her before, but now I actually dislike her as a person!

Back