American Idol: J-Lo - "We are trying to find the next MJ"

billyworld99

Proud Member
22 September 2010 Last updated at 19:50 ET Help Aerosmith frontman Stephen Tyler and the actress and singer, Jennifer Lopez, will be judges on the forthcoming 10th series of American Idol.

Lopez told a news conference that the nationwide search was on to find ''the next Michael Jackson''.

The new line-up was announced by presenter Ryan Seacrest in Los Angeles, ending months of speculation over who would join the judging panel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11395179

I am tired of people saying that. There is no next Michael Jackson. There is only one. People don't say let's find the next Elvis or Frank Sinatra etc. Maybe it's not a big deal but it just rubs me the wrong way I guess.

everybody is trying to find the next MJ when they need publicity. it gets old.

:hysterical: :hysterical: is my only response...:mello:

'....the next Michael Jackson?......' come now J-Lo....

how many times do we have to remind people that there is and will only ever be ONE Michael Jackson!

they always try to find the next michael jackson.

they always try to produce another thriller.

they always try to claim so and so is the next michael jackson.

but, it NEVER happend. Why? Michael Jackson is one and only. PERIOD.

Michael is always imitated but never duplicated.

It seems it's a publicity rule now. Whenever one wants to gain publicity, sell more papers, get more visits to their websites, mention the name MICHAEL JACKSON. Because nobody in the entire world can attract people's attention like a magnet, but Michael.

o.k i have to say this & everybody now that nobody. nobody, nobody can't be the next like MJ nobody can't be him & nobody can't beat him who he is :yes:

they always try to find the next michael jackson.

they always try to produce another thriller.

they always try to claim so and so is the next michael jackson.

but, it NEVER happend. Why? Michael Jackson is one and only. PERIOD.

Michael is always imitated but never duplicated.

It seems it's a publicity rule now. Whenever one wants to gain publicity, sell more papers, get more visits to their websites, mention the name MICHAEL JACKSON. Because nobody in the entire world can attract people's attention like a magnet, but Michael.

:clapping:

I'm totally agree with you!

It will never be another Mozart, another Beethoven, Elvis or Michael because fortunately all of them are UNIQUE!

ha ha ha..she cracks me up....Michael will NEVER be duplicated....please JLO..get real...:(

The bigger point is why are they trying to find the next anyone? Shouldn't they be looking for a unique new musical talent that stands on their own?

Them trying to find another MJ is about as possible as J Lo having another hit single..... lol

cause mj the bluepront oh how to be a successful entertainer and he was the greatest at that, ushere's vh1 behind the music stated that his confessions album was the best selling album since Thriller ? like seriously just had to throw the mj reference in there

lol. Talent like Michael Jackson would never NEED americal idol to get known.

There already is another Michael Jackson....2 really.

Prince Michael Jackson I
Prince Michael Jackson II aka Blanket.

lol The music indusrty loves rehashing or copying someones thing! Instead of looking for and appreciating originality! The last thing I want people to do to me is say because I'm Puerto Rican (which I am) and have a big butt (I do, I do) :p that make me the next J.LO! lol

People need to stop trying to find the next MJ! They been doing that to him since he was alive! Calling others the next King Of Pop! I thought that was so disrespectful! Let the man (MJ) have the crown that he freaking earned and shut the f*ck up already with that B.S! *SNAP*

o.k i have to say this & everybody now that nobody. nobody, nobody can't be the next like MJ nobody can't be him & nobody can't beat him who he is :yes:
Absolutely!!!!!
And well, they can try as hard as they want. Who cares?:tease:

no matter how hard she/they look there will never EVER be another Michael Jackson.

There is no talent like his, no heart like his, no there will NEVER be another that will compare to mj. They can reach and reach but that star is out of reach.

Michael is the bar at the end of the day. You have every else doing really well but that bar set by Michael is impossible to break. How many artists say their album is the new Thriller? Even journalists roll their eyes when people say that.

Back