All of a sudden, now everyone loves TDCAU!

electrickeyez

Proud Member
A lot of my friends who respect MJ, but have always said so annoyingly that they "like his early stuff", all of a sudden love They Don't Care About Us thanks to the This Is It clips.

Four people, including my own brother, asked me what song it was and what album it was off of. Some of them even thought it was a new song.

Umm, where were you in 1996 when that song truly deserved all that attention?! Oh that's right, you were too busy hating on MJ while listening to Hootie & The Blowfish.

I love TDCAU, always have. It should have been a killer, killer single when it was released. I think the media was afraid of it because of all that anti-semetic stuff, which was really probably a conspiracy to further ruin MJ.

It'd probably serve as a better single now than I've Never Heard/This Is It would. Sony should have just re-released TDCAU as the new single and labeled it new. Most of America wouldn't have known otherwise!

TDCAU was never anti-semitic IMO. On the contrary, it was about prejudice against all races, including Jews, hence the "Jew me, sue me" line.

People who thought it was anti-semitic have serious comprehension problems. Or they wanted to deliberately twist it. Probably the latter.

I know. I have always loved that song. It is genius. It is Michael's 'Martin Luther King speech'. It is a great protest song. The beat is so organic. The dance routine from the history tour made it even better.

I think anyone who saw it as anti-semetic are just plain stupid

TDCAU is one of my all time favorites and it's a masterpiece. Just brilliant.

I just find it funny that everyone's only discovering the song NOW. My parents are like "OMG, I LOVE that song!" I'm like... "uhhh where have you been the last 15 years??"

omg O.O
They didn't know it's They Don't Care About Us?
o_O

How is it possible to not know that song?
O.O

I hate all the "new" fans. Where the hell were they when Michael needed us- his fans?
Hell I was right here!

man HIStory was really mistreated if people don't know TDCAU

omg O.O
They didn't know it's They Don't Care About Us?
o_O

How is it possible to not know that song?
O.O

I hate all the "new" fans. Where the hell were they when Michael needed us- his fans?
Hell I was right here!

I totally agree with you.. now everybody started to listen to him.
A week before his death ... "Who is Michael Jackson?". All resolved now honor him ONLY after he died. Why did this while he was alive? Apparently he had to die to be famous today. The hypocrisy is even negligible. THIS IS TRUTH! :(

TDCAU is one of the best songs ever!!!!!!!! I adore it from the first moment I"ve heard it...long time ago. I can"t blame young people for not knowing all of his songs....but, so-called MJ- fans...funny. Michael"s songs are timeless.

i agree. new fans are annoying. i mean its great to know that ppl are listening to his music but where the hell where they when Michael needed them while he was alive? prob. reading all the tabloids that wrote lies about him and believing every word they said! Ive been a Mj since 1991. and They Dont Care About Us is a genouis song! Love it!

man HIStory was really mistreated if people don't know TDCAU
(my opinion is based on what I remember as a kid in America, whatever it's worth) If I weren't a big MJ fan, I wouldn't have known about TDCAU either unless I stumbled across it by accident. Granted I was about 9/10 during the HIStory era, ONLY Scream and YANA stand out in terms of mainstream notice. Even back then, I mostly saw the second version of TCDAU, SIM, and Childhood on VH1 and when I brought volume II the HIStory on film tape. Come 1997, I distinctly remember BET and Planet Groove being the only shows really showing love to BOTDF as a video.

Be happy people are appreciating his other songs, old or new, released or unreleased. There are quite a few Jackson 5 songs and MJ songs that I've never heard from his Motown days. Sadly, it was only about a year ago did I find out that the Notorious B.I.G. part in "All About The Benjamins" and a song by 702 sample a Jackson 5 song called "It's Great To Be Here."

I totally agree with you.. now everybody started to listen to him.
A week before his death ... "Who is Michael Jackson?". All resolved now honor him ONLY after he died. Why did this while he was alive? Apparently he had to die to be famous today. The hypocrisy is even negligible. THIS IS TRUTH! :(

OK, I have to defend us new fans here.

Why do you assume it's hypocresy?. Cannot it simply be that the exposure to Michael's music after he died made as like him?. It's not unusual nor exclusive to Michael that a lot of people will become fans when an artist dies. It's the level of exposure to the music, because it's everywhere, and you hear songs which you hadn't before. Not the fact that the person is now dead.

I became a fan of Queen recently because my then boyfriend was a huge fan and I looked for videos on YouTube to see what the big deal was about.

Then you think, hey, was he really a pedophile, did he really bleach his skin...?. And you do some research.

In any case, you all should be glad that there are more fans, instead of upset..

Oh, and I don't think anyone was "who is Michael Jackson?" before... they'd have to have been living under a rock!.

I feel so ashamed of being a new fan, some of us can't help if we discovered Mike later than y'all. I was just a casual fan before his death, I liked his music, my favorites are "Someone Put Your Hand Out" and " The Way You Love Me" from the ultimate collection. I still hate myself for not knowing about something of his songs sometimes. :cry:

I feel so ashamed of being a new fan, some of us can't help if we discovered Mike later than y'all. I was just a casual fan before his death, I liked his music, my favorites are "Someone Put Your Hand Out" and " The Way You Love Me" from the ultimate collection. I still hate myself for not knowing about something some of his songs sometimes. :cry:

dont be ashamed, everyone used to be a non-mj fan one time in their lives lol

One of the first "not well known MJ song" I really, really liked. A really great song.

They Don't Care About Us is one of my favorite songs I have always loved it. I have been a fan of Michaels for 30 years I love everything about him always have. As far as new fans go I say welcome the more people who know the truth about Michael and appreciate him as a loving giving person and his brilliant talent as a performer the better. Honestly I think new fans means less haters toward Michael and I am all for that.

Julia

Why do you assume it's hypocresy?. Cannot it simply be that the exposure to Michael's music after he died made as like him?. It's not unusual nor exclusive to Michael that a lot of people will become fans when an artist dies. It's the level of exposure to the music, because it's everywhere, and you hear songs which you hadn't before. Not the fact that the person is now dead.

I became a fan of Queen recently because my then boyfriend was a huge fan and I looked for videos on YouTube to see what the big deal was about.

Then you think, hey, was he really a pedophile, did he really bleach his skin...?. And you do some research.

In any case, you all should be glad that there are more fans, instead of upset..

Oh, and I don't think anyone was "who is Michael Jackson?" before... they'd have to have been living under a rock!.

well ur last sentence defies ur first. but anyway..mj always had tons of fans. so general public doesn't affect him like other artists.

well ur last sentence defies ur first. but anyway..mj always had tons of fans. so general public doesn't affect him like other artists.

No... I don't think it does. Obviously everyone knew who Michael was. You knew he was the guy from Thriller, from Billie Jean, the moonwalk, Black or White, the pedophilia accusations... of course I knew who he was. But apart from the occasional song on the radio, I hadn't been much exposed to his music. I don't think I'm contradicting myself.

I was too young to understand the meaning behind the song in 97' when I first saw the video. Around then, the song wasnt a favorite of mine, I just really really liked the video and how Michael was just running around the whole town, and busting out in dance. I watched the video every chance I got.

It wasn't until the "Final Rehearsal" clip came out, that the song became one of my favorites, I'm 20 now so I finally understood the meaning behind the song, and the message, and ever since then I loved it.

actually this is one of my favorite songs.....I guess it is the kind of song that if you listen to it enough it grows on you.....even though i have always liked it...some people probably haven't listened to it that much because Michael had so many songs and now that he is gone more people are beginning to understand him better and also understand his message....to bad they couldn't do this when he was here.

TDCAU has been one of my favorite songs as well!! from the first time i heard it when i bought the album back in the late 90's and both video clips are amazing, and like others i happen to like it even more now because i've grown up and understand the political message behind it.

I love this song for a good reason...

I'm Brazilian and he was here in my country(Brasil-Rio de Janeiro) in 1996 shooting the video.

It's funny you say this because I have noticed the same thing. So many people I know have asked me "what's that really cool song from the rehearsals". These are just average people who are not fans at all. One day a few weeks ago I was working and I had the window open and I heard TDCAU blasting from outside so I go and look and this father and his teenage son had it blasted going down the main st. in their convertible. (Keep in mind I live in a small conservative white farmers town of roughly 10,000 people). Many teenagers I know now love the song because it's a "rebellious" tune, with an anti government, badass feel. At least that's what I'm told from many people.

God... I felt terrible and you made me cry... !!! I'm sorry if I offended you. I don't want to offend anyone. But after he passed, many fans are generating out of nowhere. Now that he's gone, they pity him now. They do not know more than three of his songs. When he was around and alive no one loved him. People called him the F-word, a pedophile and much more. But now that he's gone, everyone all of a sudden realize how much he impacted the music industry and life. Hmm I don't know maybe they learned to appreciate him after?
All I know is that I always loved him and grew up listening to him... I loved Michael before and after people started spreading untrue rumors. I've loved him since I was 6 years old. I love him and I'll miss him forever. :boohoo

Back