Album Re-Release: Michael Jackson The Hits 6 July 09 UK

pacegrant

Proud Member
THE HITS ALBUM TO BE RELEASED ON 6TH JULY

MAY 14, 2009, 1:55 pm
The Hits is a 2 CD greatest hits album covering Michael Jackson's entire musical career. The album will be released on 6th July to coincide with his tour dates at the O2 in London. Take a look at the album page to see the full track listing.
Keep checking the official website for more news about Michael Jackson's upcoming appearances at the O2.

Tracklist: http://community.michaeljackson.com/uk/music/hits

source: www.michaeljackson.com

Re: New Album Release: Michael Jackson The Hits 6 July 09 UK

Mmm simply to just cash in I think

New songs or not?

Edit ; nevermind.

WTF.............Another greatest hits lol, well as long as it keeps MJ's sales going, I don't care :)

*waits for the fans to complain bigtime lol*

lol, i see this as bad news. :p It means we have to wait longer for the new album, no waaaaaaay he's gonna release two albums at the same time...

I get that it is a 'Greatest Hits' album, but it would be way more fun if they would release a hit album without all the 'classic' songs, all those 'Greatest Hits' albums always have the same songs on them. It would be fun to see a 'Greatest Hits' album with songs like 'Who is it' or 'Whatever Happens', which weren't big commercial hits, but are highly appreciated by the fan community.

Aw.. looks like no new album then.....

it's the same tracklist as The Essential Michael Jackson.....WTF?!?!

omg.... ok this could end up like the history album... one disk greatest hits. next disk new songs... hope for the best

Tracklist:

Disc 1

1 I Want You Back
2 ABC
3 The Love You Save
4 Got To Be There
5 Rockin' Robin
6 Ben
7 Blame It On The Boogie
8 Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
9 Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
10 Off The Wall
11 Rock With You
12 She's Out Of My Life
13 Can You Feel It
14 The Girl Is Mine
15 Billie Jean
16 Beat It
17 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
18 Human Nature
19 P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
20 I Just Can't Stop Loving You
21 Thriller

Disc 2

1 Bad
2 The Way You Make Me Feel
3 Man In The Mirror
4 Dirty Diana
5 Another Part Of Me
6 Smooth Criminal (Radio Edit)
7 Leave Me Alone
8 Black Or White
9 Remember The Time
10 In The Closet
11 Who Is It
12 Heal The World
13 Will You Be There
14 You Are Not Alone
15 Earth Song
16 They Don't Care About Us
17 You Rock My World

It is essentially a reissue of the Essential Michael Jackson.

is incredible ... I do not believe it ... I hope to be a bad joke ... frankly, I am very disappointed!

I still hope for a new album ... still hope ...this news has ruined my evening! ... shame ... shame

Last edited:

New collection, new album... does not matter to me. I just want Michael to follow your heart and do what he thinks should be done to his career. He will NEVER get like all fans. Soon will be a bombardment of complaints from many fans to be more a collection.​

Got me excited seeing the title, ah well :D

Album will come, have faith in Michael.

who gonna buy that!!!!!!!!! i hate all of these greatest hits he has more than 20 of em .lolo
omg

I just went to the American mj.com and its not on there at all its only on the uk site.

This is interesting to me because it makes me think that he is up to something and we will be in for it on opening night... maybe... i dont know something doesnt fit.

hmm, well it might get a whole bunch of new fans.
everyone will know MJ will be touring. so there not going to go out and buy all of his albums. and this has a good set list for people who like his music..
i do want a new album, however..

I just went to the American mj.com and its not on there at all its only on the uk site.

This is interesting to me because it makes me think that he is up to something and we will be in for it on opening night... maybe... i dont know something doesnt fit.

hmmmm....maybe this is only a release for the UK then?

This is beyond ridiculous now!! I can't believe they are trying to capitalise on these songs over and over and over and over again!! madness!

It's fishy is what it is...

i think the person who done the interview with the dude suing michael should do an interview with the AEG guy and find out what the *Bleep* is going on. We are excited for new somethings but all we are getting is the same olds.

We love you Mike but come on! your killing us!

I still have faith though ;):yes:

I can see why Sony are deciding to release this but to be honest I really don't think its really needed, if people want to have Michael's greatest hits they can buy the King of Pop CD which the public have been doing since the announcement since it is still on the UK album chart.

Boooorrrring

Sony had the opportunity to create a really nice package to celebrate the concerts but noooo same ol ish with the same ol crappy song edits.

Prob gives us a fair idea what the setlist will be like.

I am so sick of Greatest Hits! At least Number Ones had new material on (One More Chance)...wud it have hurt to add some new material on it...uber annoyed

Why jump to conclusions.. A Hits CD released at the same time as the new album is very feasable don't you think? Some could buy both..

PLEASE just shushhhhhh!!! have you been living under a rock recently? I think by now the average joe knows that MJ has released infinite number of greatest hits!!

Boooorrrring

Sony had the opportunity to create a really nice package to celebrate the concerts but noooo same ol ish with the same ol crappy song edits.

Prob gives us a fair idea what the setlist will be like.

None of those songs on that list are crappy.

But yes it is possible that they are releasing them at the same time. Its not like it hasnt happend before.

lol, i see this as bad news. :p It means we have to wait longer for the new album, no waaaaaaay he's gonna release two albums at the same time...

I get that it is a 'Greatest Hits' album, but it would be way more fun if they would release a hit album without all the 'classic' songs, all those 'Greatest Hits' albums always have the same songs on them. It would be fun to see a 'Greatest Hits' album with songs like 'Who is it' or 'Whatever Happens', which weren't big commercial hits, but are highly appreciated by the fan community.
NO IT DOES NOT

Just because Sony's releasing this package doesn't mean it's going to push the new album back? What makes people think that?

This is simply a repackaging of The Essential set to coincide with the o2 shows

This is mostly targeted towards the CASUAL consumer, not the fanbase

the negativity is off the charts here. Wow some vibe!

Back