Akon Lied About Criminal Past: The Smoking Gun

Akon is helping the system along, therefore I'm saying what he did was straight bogus...I'm not blaming him for kids receiving that image, but he has MADE himself a part of that image. Therefore his is part of the problem. I'm not condemning him for the upteenth time, but I'm just saying he is part of the problem and what he did was wrong.

It's like Usher, Chris Brown, Omarion, Justin Timberlake and all the other MJ imitators. It probably IS the record company forcing this image on them, trying to find the 'next' Michael Jackson. But THEY are along for the ride.

The record/movie companies are not the really the blame. They're only about making money and they're giving the public what they want. Why do you think action/violent movies in general make more money than other types? Violent video games are the bigger sellers. Even stuff that seems innocent like Pac Man is violent, either you eat ghosts or they kill you.

Akon is helping the system along, therefore I'm saying what he did was straight bogus...I'm not blaming him for kids receiving that image, but he has MADE himself a part of that image. Therefore his is part of the problem. I'm not condemning him for the upteenth time, but I'm just saying he is part of the problem and what he did was wrong.

It's like Usher, Chris Brown, Omarion, Justin Timberlake and all the other MJ imitators. It probably IS the record company forcing this image on them, trying to find the 'next' Michael Jackson. But THEY are along for the ride.

:yes: Plus they all want that bread (money).

:yes: Plus they all want that bread (money).

All musicians want money, if they didn't what would be the point of getting a record deal, managers, publishing, etc. If they just wanted to create, they can just make music at home to amuse themselves.

All musicians want money, if they didn't what would be the point of getting a record deal, managers, publishing, etc. If they just wanted to create, they can just make music at home to amuse themselves.
And fame, and recognition.

Except for the ones that don't...

Last edited:

yes..well..everybody wants money, in all walks of life...let's not kid ourselves..lol

everybody has to make a living.

And we're in the middle of a recession now. If I wanted to get in show business, I can say that I play 150 instruments and get like $50 million from it after getting like 30 hits in a row doing hooks! WATCH! :lol:
That's because it ain't about the song no mo' It's all about the IMAGE. The music industry is an image making industry. Leave your talent at the door. They got rid of the beautiy contest, and sneaked it into the music industry.
I look at old Motown stars and think they wouldn't have made it in today's music scene. Glady's Knight says it best. 'It ain't pretty out there'.We would not have had James Brown, Nat Kong Cole, Mahalia Jackson and many other beautiful artist to listen to if they were up against todays music industry. Simon Cowell and his cronies set the agenda. The young people respond to it cause there is no other way to get in.

Michael Jackson will have to bring it back to the music. That was what Will.I.am was telling him to do and I feel that is what he must do. It all starts with the music.( now where did I here that from)

And we're in the middle of a recession now. If I wanted to get in show business, I can say that I play 150 instruments and get like $50 million from it after getting like 30 hits in a row doing hooks! WATCH! :lol:

Why waste time learning to play an instrument? Just go out and get a drum machine and a cheap keyboard with preprogrammed music and a voice fixer, lol.

But yeah, MJ being child-like and peaceful is more likely to be real than not. Cuz that one part of his personality has caused him so much strife for it NOT to be true

True, but I think it was a bit exaggerated, imo. I am sorry, but some of the PR Stunts that he did, no one can do. Like his voice - it took years for people to realize that MJ does not talk like that. MJ took that to another level.

BTW, I do not think anyone is "judging" Akon. I think that people are expressing their opinions about the guy. I think the man is making a image (part that is a lie) as something to be proud of, as an honor, and not to tell young people not to do what he did.

Also, if Akon had talent, why didnt he used that to get a record deal than to lie about his criminal past? If he was that talented? MJ did not have to lie to get a record deal.

If Akon wanted an image, fine, but to lie about it is not fine. With MJ's image, there was truth to it, MJ was really like that but it was exaggerated.

Yeah, everyone wants money, but how they get the money should be the issue. If they lie about it, they basically stole money. If Akon lied about how he got a record deal, then he is practically a theif.

Then the poor innocent victims should return the fake image and demand their money back.

They should have bought the music instead of the image. They would have got better value for their money.

It is a interesting case of affair when people are more upset about someone not being a real criminal, instead of being happy that he isn't one at all. Maybe I'm too judgemental. IMO.

Last edited:
thief? this is getting ridiculous now. people buy into his product because they enjoy it - it's no more fake than actors doing their thing. and anyone who invested in him solely for the prison issue frankly deserves to be robbed and doodooed on.

be rest assured he'll continue 'thieving' long after this story is buried.

thief? this is getting ridiculous now. people buy into his product because they enjoy it - it's no more fake than actors doing their thing. and anyone who invested in him solely for the prison issue frankly deserves to be robbed and doodooed on.

be rest assured he'll continue 'thieving' long after this story is buried.
:lol:..........

Yeah, everyone wants money, but how they get the money should be the issue. If they lie about it, they basically stole money. If Akon lied about how he got a record deal, then he is practically a theif.

The whole music BUSINESS contains thieves, just like any other business. Ask any old musicians who are broke and have to do "oldies" tours. The Beatles had a rip off deal and that's why they didn't own their publishing and wound up being sold. Billy Joel, George Harrison, Sting, and many others were ripped off by managers & business partners. Motley Crue's manager in the 1980s Doc Magee was convicted of being a drug dealer. NWA got started because Eazy-E started a record label from money from drug selling. There were fake groups like Black Box & Milli Vanilli. It's not the "purity" business.

Back