a million copies in a week is to be applauded

thank you.
It's just that I am so damn sick of this twisted world. It's going nowhere!

What's with the times when REAL music and HUMAN VALUES were respected? And that's why Michael is present in every aspect of my life. I look upon the world around me and I see something missing.

I might be getting old after all , turning 20 in September lol , but one thing is for sure - MUSIC IS DYING. SLOWLY BUT SURELY.

At least urban music if nothing else.

MJ sings about sex as well but in a hidden way, which is better than I wanna eff u !
... Eh, well, he was willing to work with Akon who had a hit single called "I Wanna F*ck You"
I'm not disagreeing with you nor am I taking a shot at Michael. Point being, Mike works with whoever is hot at the moment and I don't blame him for working with Akon... his stuff sells.

People may not like rap videos... the girls, the cars, the money... it's cliche now, but it sells. Sex sells. These rappers have a wife a kids, but it doesn't seem like it. And it doesn't matter b/c their music/videos make money... that's all that matters at the end of the day to music executives and the artist. A couple decades ago, you couldn't get away with a song titled "I Wanna F*ck You", nonetheless it being a hit single. Mainstream music is taking a downward spiral. But I'm sure Michael's new album will be like a breath of fresh air. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, but still I highly doubt that Michael would be a part of the I wanna fuck you song. And I hope that Michael's new album doesn't have AKON all over it, but MICHAEL.

Like Hard Candy has TIMBALAND AND PHARELL written all over it... Sorry Madonna fans.

wow I heard one of the songs, what a horrific piece of crap that was.....

^^^ yes. pc of poo.
i hear no music i hear only noise, but it's called a song. what an insult to music!
sigh..

Last edited:
why are people mad that lil wayne has fans who actually decided to go out and buy his album? doesn't make sense.....:no:wayne knew to keep pumping out mixtapes (free music to his fans) making his album highly anticipated....

why are people mad that lil wayne has fans who actually decided to go out and buy his album? doesn't make sense.....
i think folk just feel pity more than anything (expressed through illogical anger) at the state of the business, and especially at hip-hop (pop) these days. just a superiority thing. i know i do.

i think it's blokes like him the reason why you get more and more muppets calling Jay-Z a genius.

why are people mad that lil wayne has fans who actually decided to go out and buy his album? doesn't make sense.....:no:wayne knew to keep pumping out mixtapes (free music to his fans) making his album highly anticipated....

Because real artists can't get any publicity ! Simple as that!
I can count 50 good artists that aren't selling at all that well which is for shame cuz it's stupid brainwashed teenagers who judge what is "good music" today!

Because real artists can't get any publicity ! Simple as that!
I can count 50 good artists that aren't selling at all that well which is for shame cuz it's stupid brainwashed teenagers who judge what is "good music" today!

thats not lil waynes fault. those 50 good artist can only fault their fans who are not buying their music...wayne has impressed his fans and has given them alot of free music..so they pay him back by buying 1 million copies of his album the 1st week....so those teenagers are not brainwashed...just cause you like those 'good' artist that you mentioned...doesnt mean the teens who like wayne should also like them....

well if LIL WAYNE is considered "GOOD MUSIC" by someone,then sorry if I am narrow-minded as to not have an idea HOW that can be good music.

And it's not about fans - I mean, honestly , tell me how many of those million fans that bought it know any other song of his but "lollipop" ?

It's about publicity. The media is all about sex now, and those good artists don't have fans becuase their music gets NO PROMOTION at all.

with the buying public you never know who is gonna move folks. it's all about who folks are feeling. it's all subjective as with anything.

What Lil Wayne's take on this is:

Wow, he's on the happy stuff. "Shout out to the bookdrive"

Last edited:
2mwf3hw.jpg

thats not lil waynes fault. those 50 good artist can only fault their fans who are not buying their music...wayne has impressed his fans and has given them alot of free music..so they pay him back by buying 1 million copies of his album the 1st week....so those teenagers are not brainwashed...just cause you like those 'good' artist that you mentioned...doesnt mean the teens who like wayne should also like them....
A fanbase doesn't guarantee commerical success. It's no question that the industry targets the 13-25 sector and Lil Wayne is who is popular today.

What qualifies as quality music, however will be whether or not anyone remembers this young man's music in 10 years. So he should enjoy his success of today and manage his money well.

A fanbase doesn't guarantee commerical success.
True, The Rolling Stones are one of the biggest touring acts today, but not many of their audience purchases their new material.

Old music was about sex, violence, & drugs like Leadbelly, John Lee Hooker, Marvin Gaye, Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, The Shangri La's, Van Halen, Barry White, Jefferson Airplane, Millie Jackson, Beatles, Elvis, etc. The subject matter isn't that much different, it just wasn't any profanity, and the people had more talent.

While this may be true, I'm going to have to toss my name into the hat with people who think that "I wanna rock with you (all night)" is a little more pleasing to the ears than "I wanna f* you".

I'm still going to give props to Wayne though. While I agree that album sales don't mean much in the long run and all that jazz, I still think one million sales in a week is something to be complimented on.

I'm going to say though, after seeing Stevie Wonder in Chicago and how people talk about it being a near-religious experience, I can say that for people who like artists who young people may not be into or who may not sell tens of millions of albums anymore, it doesn't matter. These guys are going to be rocking out to their tunes until they die and so will fans from generation to generation. Crap music that sells today and not tomorrow, not so much.

While this may be true, I'm going to have to toss my name into the hat with people who think that "I wanna rock with you (all night)" is a little more pleasing to the ears than "I wanna f* you".
I take it you've never heard a Millie Jackson record, lol. My folks played her music. Most of her stuff was out in the 1970s. Or Prince songs like "Let's Pretend We're Married" or "Sexy MF". Johnny Cash & John Lee Hooker have plenty of violent songs, or "Hey Joe" by Jimi Hendrix and "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" from the Beatles are as well.

Last edited:
Well, I never said some racy stuff didn't exist before. But that stuff was definitely the exception at the time, not the standard, unlike today.

It's laughable, that's what it is. It's a shame that so many people have sh***y tastes in music.

i really need to stop listening to my ipod and turn on the radio cuz i have no idea who lil' wayne is

You all out on this dangerous :lol: But I agree, Lil Wayne is so overrated, which is funny that I say that, cuz with all the other peps my age 'round me who love this dude, I'm :rolleyes:

well to be honest, I think it sold well because it does sound a lil different..

yall can hate all you want but it sounds different than the same re-generated sound that most producers keep pushing out..

His single is one of the only rap songs out right now that I leave on when it comes on the radio.. and that's sad because I've been a fan of hip-hop for a long time.

Last edited:
well to be honest, I think it sold well because it does sound a lil different..
emphasis on 'lil'.

it'll be interesting to come back to this thread in a month's time and see the progress.

^ Well I don't think it will have a suprizing number..

it's just SADLY music is so simular that when ppl get something just BIT different they rush to it..

Just imagine how an MJ salbum will drive people crazy.. I cant wait for that first weeks sales to come in..

Back