a million copies in a week is to be applauded

Gooooo wayne! whoop whoop lol! some1 told me he and baby bought alot of the albums n passed them out n the hood lol..and if thats true..is it cheating? lol
is this the same person that told you most of Beyonce's solo songs were unreleased Destiny's Child songs????

its funny how practically everyone in this thread is bashing Wayne in his new found success.. i guess its true what they say, "the more successful one gets, the more people start to hate"

i guess its true what they say, "the more successful one gets, the more people start to hate"
you guessed correct mate - the more 'successful' one gets, the bigger the exposure, the more prone it is to criticism, and the louder the negativities; no thanks to defensive fans who battle them.

Lil Wayne's pop music is no different to any other of today's 'successful' acts - you should know, you're a proud Chris Brown hater and "ain't afraid to show it", init?

Nice to know a million copies can still be sold.

mike can surley do 5 million at least imo

not heard any of lil waynes stuff so i cant comment on that.

you guessed correct mate - the more 'successful' one gets, the bigger the exposure, the more prone it is to criticism, and the louder the negativities; no thanks to defensive fans who battle them.

Lil Wayne's pop music is no different to any other of today's 'successful' acts - you should know, you're a proud Chris Brown hater and "ain't afraid to show it", init?

I disliked chris brown from the moment he stepped on the scene...I hated "run it" and the video so the more popular he got the more I was confused as to why...Lil Wayne is a different story imo...before his "pop" success hip hop lovers loved them some Wayne..he wasnt as popular in mainstream music but was still one of the most respected and favored rappers (his mixtapes and earlier albums were some of his fiercest) but now that he has a number song (lollipop) that the whole world is singing and a number platinum albm becuz he's been ablt to reach out to more fans than just the streets, he's getting flack for it...that's what pop music is...its "popular music" duh...so why love when they're not popular and hate when they become popular? Its like the kid at school that you have in your class that is a cool person to talk 2 and be around but isn't that well known around the school..then one day he becomes popular, not in vain, but becuz he brances out of his element and ppl cling to it, but u now despise him for no legit reasn..its stupid

before his "pop" success hip hop lovers loved them some Wayne..he wasnt as popular in mainstream music but was still one of the most respected and favored rappers
LOL no that's very wrong, he's a divisive figure in the underground.

duh...so why love when they're not popular and hate when they become popular?
i don't think you got my point about exposure - when he's underground, only his fans will listen to him - when he's popular, he's shoved down the throats of everyone who has a TV, radio, unenlightened friends and access to the net. plus the fact that his audience is grown by 10,000-folds - you get more opinions.

Lil Wayne = yet anoher stab in Hip-Hop's heart.

...hip-hop lovers LOL

One word - BULLSH!T
Far from bullshit..absolute truth

MJ is a prime example..the bigger he got, the more bullshit he got..the rumors, tabloids, accusations, criticism, jokes, it got worse with every album cz he became successful with every album..not saying success is directly related to getting hated on but then again it sometimes is directly related as well as in directly

yeah I get what you are saying, but the example of lil wayne is bullshit.

Cause MJ's

-voice
-dance
-lyrics
-musical structure

is FAAAAAAAAR better than that rapper's

so please don't sort them in the same basket!

Anybody else know, N'Sync sold two million records in ONE day!

that's amazing imo
f_laugh.gif
well there you go.

only cuzhis fans bought 12albums a day....then didn't open them and turned themback to the store the foloowing tuesday.

look at the sales in the first week then see how far they've fallen in sales thenext week. that's how bsb and nsync sold so many...they had 60%+ decline in sales

Well everyone can bitch and be practical about the topic but that doesn't change the fact that Lil Wayne has sold a million in his first week which is to be applauded in todays industry, whether u like him or not, like his music or not,

Nice to know a million copies can still be sold.

mike can surley do 5 million at least imo

not heard any of lil waynes stuff so i cant comment on that.

Unfortunately, the quality of music is not an indicator of success.

Corporation whore radio airplay is and it's up to them whether you are IN or OUT.

Last edited:
Well everyone can bitch and be practical about the topic but that doesn't change the fact that Lil Wayne has sold a million in his first week which is to be applauded in todays industry, whether u like him or not, like his music or not,

I agree with you

I disagree with the fact that that is something essential.

There are a lot of fantastic bands/artists who don't sell as much at all.

It's the music that counts. That's all I am pointing out.

IMO, I don't give a damn about how many copies are sold. People follow trends like sheep. Especially naive teenagers, most of which know Michael as "just a freak" and think that it's so damn cool to go clubbing and sing "LICK MY BODY LIKE A LOLLIPOP" .

That's right kids, go ahead, listen to that kind of stuff at 10,11,12 - and then blame Michael Jackson , R.Kelly and the rest of good artists for being included in pedophilia.

BULLSHIT!

That's right kids, go ahead, listen to that kind of stuff at 10,11,12 - and then blame Michael Jackson , R.Kelly and the rest of good artists for being included in pedophilia.

On point. These teens today are messed up anyway. Listening to trash music that has no MEANING. Where are the songs with meanings? It is not being played on the radio. Lil Wayne is being played on the radio. Rihanna's terrible music (with the expection of Umbella) is being played on the radio. There are no more real R&B singers, no more real music groups anymore. Just a bunch of trash about the same nonsense: sex, whores, money, drugs. No one today's youth is a hot ass mess.

On point. These teens today are messed up anyway. Listening to trash music that has no MEANING. Where are the songs with meanings? It is not being played on the radio. Lil Wayne is being played on the radio. Rihanna's terrible music (with the expection of Umbella) is being played on the radio. There are no more real R&B singers, no more real music groups anymore. Just a bunch of trash about the same nonsense: sex, whores, money, drugs. No one today's youth is a hot ass mess.

Old music was about sex, violence, & drugs like Leadbelly, John Lee Hooker, Marvin Gaye, Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, The Shangri La's, Van Halen, Barry White, Jefferson Airplane, Millie Jackson, Beatles, Elvis, etc. The subject matter isn't that much different, it just wasn't any profanity, and the people had more talent.

Last edited:
yeah but it was subtle.

MJ sings about sex as well but in a hidden way, which is better than I wanna eff u !

Old music was about sex, violence, & drugs like Leadbelly, John Lee Hooker, Marvin Gaye, Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, The Shangri La's, Van Halen, Barry White, Jefferson Airplane, Millie Jackson, Beatles, Elvis, etc. The subject matter isn't that much different, it just wasn't any profanity, and the people had more talent.

Those people were talented. There songs were not as bad or even close to bad as the songs that are on constant play on the radio today.

MJ sings about sex as well but in a hidden way, which is better than I wanna eff u !

Right on.

Back