a million copies in a week is to be applauded

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
so what if you don't like Lil weeie wayne but you gotta acknowledge anybody at any time that can pull down a million copies in a week. that says that said artist is speaking to alot of ears and is in tone with what is happening.

so what do you think of Lil wayne or any artist for that matters that opens out of the box with a million copies sold?? speak on it. I remember when Michael Jackson use to do it but there was no soundscan back then,but still you just knew.

i think it's sad that this guy sold that much.

real music doesn't sell at all these days.

my 2 cents.

He's popular because he talks a lot of trash in magazines, and some people like that

Skip Lil Wayne He Aint Orginal & He Needs TO Get Rid Of Those Tattoos.And He Stole That Cover For His Album From Biggie.If Tupac & Biggie Were Still Here There Wouldnt Be A Lil Wayne Or Some Of These "So-Called" Rappers.Ugh...I Can't Stand Music These Days..But ......Congrats To Him

It means nothing to me. I am not impressed with the sales of below the bar music. If you want to call it that. Just says a lot about some people's taste.

In my opinion.

:clapping: Congrats to him.

As for his music in general, ain't nothing really special about it. He's lasted as long as he has because thats whats being played on the radio out of popularity, and that somehow alot of folks love it. The majority of music thats being played ain't even real music, and when there's others that do, its being downplayed by this crap, IMO.

Congrats to Weezy.

I know a lot dislike him, but who else is out there for mainstream listeners? 50 Cent? Soulja Boy?
If you hate hip-hop in general, then it's pointless to judge him. But if you listen to Wayne's mixtapes and not this mainstream stuff, it's evident he's a great lyricist. There's only a minority who can be labeled that, like Jay-Z for example.
Of course, there are far better like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, KRS-One, the list goes on... but they're not classified as mainstream. Of course Wayne has the southern hype behind him and it's a boost. I haven't heard that in a while though... a million in a week? Good for him.

Gooooo wayne! whoop whoop lol! some1 told me he and baby bought alot of the albums n passed them out n the hood lol..and if thats true..is it cheating? lol

I dont like the way Weezy raps, that voice is enough to turn me off, I've tried to give him a chance but he just doesnt do it HOWEVER there's a song called Mr Carter where he features Jay Z, now that track is the bomb, or is it because I like Jay Z?

so what if you don't like Lil weeie wayne but you gotta acknowledge anybody at any time that can pull down a million copies in a week. that says that said artist is speaking to alot of ears and is in tone with what is happening.

so what do you think of Lil wayne or any artist for that matters that opens out of the box with a million copies sold?? speak on it. I remember when Michael Jackson use to do it but there was no soundscan back then,but still you just knew.

Kany West also sold a million copies in a week but lets see if he will remake it for his next album .

Plus he sells a lot in the US not even in the rest of world , finaly he wont sell so much CDS if he doesnt sell well worldwide . In the US if you are young , new in the market and above all do RNB or Rap music you can sell very well , but he should takes advantage of this situation because that wont last , not sure that the second album will sell as well .

Last edited:
It's impressive in this day and age to sell that many copies but the music itself is far from impressive.

his stuff leaked, he's put out a million and one mix tapes and his ass still goes to #1....wowza not bad but lollipop sux

Not a big fan, but congrats to Weezy all the same. I think it's amazing that anyone can pull those kinds of numbers, so props to him. His success proves that people are willing to go out there and buy albums afterall......

Last edited:
music...

i really miss it.

OK sorry if I am narrow-minded , I try not to be all the time, but I can't help myself but asking...

How can a MICHAEL JACKSON fan , appreciating good music, listen to THIS?

Not fighting,just don't understand really...

Last edited:
It doesn't really have nothing to do with being a MJ fan, per se. People just have different tastes in music, that's all.

Yeah but to me it would be disgraceful to listen to someone who sings lyrics such as those in "lollipop"

If you liked The Carter II then the anticipation of III is what made it sell as well as it did.
I loved The Carter II. But this one is garbage! Lolipop is the best track...what does that tell ya.
I like Lil Wayne but I'm disappointed with this latest release.

music...

i really miss it.

OK sorry if I am narrow-minded , I try not to be all the time, but I can't help myself but asking...

Not fighting,just don't understand really...

Don't worry, I don't. But it really doesn't have anything to do with being a MJ fan. You can be a STEVIE WONDER fan or a MADONNA fan but it doesn't change who you are if you listen to Weezy. Me personally, I think he sucks.

But if you listen to Wayne's mixtapes and not this mainstream stuff, it's evident he's a great lyricist.

How come he doesn't show that he is a great lyricist in his mainstream CDs? Just asking.

Congrats to Wayne? Let me think..... alright. However, his music is trash. I was never a fan of his music at all. I do not understand the hype and I do not understand the big deal about him. I really don't. Wayne have been out for like ten years when he was with the hot boys. He talks some mess in magazines about all sorts of things.

Anyway, I listened to "Lollypop" and "A Milli" and the songs are complete trash. I like the remix to "A Milli" because Jay Z killed it. That is about it.

I wouldn't call his stuff music, I would call it garbage. I am into real hip hop artists anyway.

I think it is a matter of tastes. There are of MJ fans - fans of anyone - that love his music. It is about taste at the end of the day. I personally can't stand him.

Yeah but to me it would be disgraceful to listen to someone who sings lyrics such as those in "lollipop"

Well, I feel the same way you do but there are plenty of people who loves what he says in that song. I have no clue what he is talking about but I do know, when I can make it out, what he is trying to say and mean.

How come he doesn't show that he is a great lyricist in his mainstream CDs? Just asking.
probably the same reason why will.i.am took effort to release his soulful and complex works on smaller labels while he ripped the mainstream with bs ringtone music. it's all about accepting creative restrictions for the success.

having said that, i haven't heard any of Lil Wayne's lesser known stuff but i can say that the only decent thing i attribute to him is ditching veteran production crapster Mannie Fresh. and even then his sounds are shyte barring 9th Wonder and Kanye.

many people like wayne's voice....cause they say its different from others...i like some of his stuff..he makes me laugh with some of the stuff he says...

Back