A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh i dont think band get royalty either cuz its not their name being branded out its mchael's not theirs

Wow! We only got a month and a day to go now. I can't stand it! I'm gonna wear this project out!

Last edited:
Target Is Releasing Their Own Version With All The Original BAD Album Videos!

"Exclusive Content: Bonus DVD including the
following videos
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Another Part of Me
Man In The Mirror
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone
This version will include the national 2 disc
+ the bonus DVD"

I don't know whether Jennifer is a hypocrite or not. But, I feel fans can be very judgmental. How can we determine one's character based on one tweet or opinion on one issue. Not so long ago, fans praised Jennifer for speaking against Gene Simons' baseless claims. We thanked her for speaking the truth. Now, after one not-so-flattering tweet, we put her in the black list category?

Why can't she speak about her opinion on posthumous release?

Why can't she change her mind?

She is not the only peron I know who changed her opinion. Only fools refuse to change.

I'm not aware of any betrayals from Jennifer to Michael. She was in all three of Michael's solo tours. Michael definitely trusted her and thought highly of her. That speak volumes to me.

I don't care if she didn't support Bad 25 originally and changed her mind after the viewing. Nothing wrong with that.

As for royalty, are you sure Jennifer is entitled to receive money? If so, she must be receiving money for the Dangerous DVD too. Does it mean the whole band and the whole backup crew will receive royalty? Is it how things work? Or, when she signed the contract years ago, she signed away right for future payments. She was hired as employee to work on the tour. So, may be she can't receive royalty. I honestly don't know. But, we can't just assume she changed her mind because of money.

Thankyou! Some MJ Fans are just so judgmental, aggressive and negative. Best for people to get their facts right before accusing.

I'm pretty sure the listed band members will get a performance royalty. At least they should.

just found out the full show is gonna be full Live vocals too from the sound truck recordings of michael's mic.

What exactly does this mean? By saying full show do you mean Man In The Mirror, Smooth Criminal and Bad are all live vocals??

What exactly does this mean? By saying full show do you mean Man In The Mirror, Smooth Criminal and Bad are all live vocals??

yes that's what I mean, Michael sang live beneath playback and his live vocals were recorded, so they're gonna use this on the DVD. just listen to the Bad snippet that I posted a couple of posts up.

yes that's what I mean, Michael sang live beneath playback and his live vocals were recorded, so they're gonna use this on the DVD.
How can you know? I would be very suprised if they would do that :)

How can you know? I would be very suprised if they would do that :)

They do it all the time. The artist sings live with a loud vocal track over the top, sometimes completely drowning out the live voice.
Cheryl Cole was criticised heavily after her performance of 'The Voice' in the UK because people said she was miming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Bs93PVLXs

She insisted she sang live. Truth is she was probably singing live all the way through with a loud backing track. When you listen you can definitely hear live vocals there sometimes. Other times the mic is just turned right down.

I meant that I would be suprised if they put that audio to the dvd. I knew that Michael sometimes sang over playback.

The only time I've ever heard MJ sing over his own lead vocal was Black or White at - I believe - Wembley in 1992.

It's not an accident. Rhianna frequently sings over her own lead vocal. It's a choice: I'm not vocally strong enough to carry this track but I can't outright mime. The result, to my ears, is rather messy as it's virtually impossible to identically replicate your studio vocal no matter how good a singer you are. It's that horrible double voice sound that makes me wince. But the artist is trading off: this doesn't sound perfect but at least I can't be accused of outright miming, and at least it doesn't sound as weak had I straight up mimed it. Or maybe they're just downright dim, and think we're all fooled haha.

I'd be surprised if Michael was miming yet still singing out into his mic. For what reason? Surely he'd be more concerned with matching his lip movements to the vocal he laid down in the studio? If he was singing live into the mic, knowing full well the audience was hearing his studio vocal from the records they own at home, I'd expect his singing to be intermittent and at times be a little rough - perhaps like his vocals in the Dangerous rehearsals videos.

I personally believe and hope they use Michael's live vocals on the DVD, I'm pretty sure they will but can't confirm anything.

I personally believe and hope they use Michael's live vocals on the DVD, I'm pretty sure they will but can't confirm anything.

I do hope so. I've always loved listening to that awful quality live Smooth Criminal from MSG. Hearing these songs completely live for the first time (ie. Man In The Mirror) would be such a treat.

In fact, just thinking about that Smooth Criminal at MSG performance...I remember when I first found that on youtube - the poster claimed that the studio vocal cuts out at the start and it wasn't meant to. MJ's live vocal comes in very quickly. Perhaps giving credence to this theory that he sang live into his mic knowing it wasn't feeding into any stadium PA? I mean, why did he perform it live that night and no other? Technical error? Could be that the venue had some importance to him but then so did Wembley if we are to believe the anecdotes we've heard recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5oCg4VHFQ

Have a listen, around the 1:30 mark it does sound like the studio vocal cutting out after a few words and a live vocal coming in almost seamlessly - but with a recording of such low quality it is hard to be sure.

Last edited:
I do hope so. I've always loved listening to that awful quality live Smooth Criminal from MSG. Hearing these songs completely live for the first time (ie. Man In The Mirror) would be such a treat.

I agree, Stella told me that they have used live vocal. and I've PM'd Go Flying asking him too :)

I doubt all will be live. Why? 'Cause when MJ sang over playback, you can't expect him to sing all parts and even properly when singing over it.

I doubt all will be live. Why? 'Cause when MJ sang over playback, you can't expect him to sing all parts and even properly when singing over it.

the sound truck recorded the LIVE vocals from Michael's microphone throughout the concert so every part of Live vocal was recorded, and maybe we will have the Live vocals on the DVD during Smooth Criminal, Bad and Man in the mirror.

I agree, Stella told me that they have used live vocal. and I've PM'd Go Flying asking him too :)

The same Stella that guaranteed the Wembley DVD would come sans extra features about 24 hours before the Estate confirmed otherwise? :fortuneteller:

the sound truck recorded the LIVE vocals from Michael's microphone throughout the concert so every part of Live vocal was recorded, and maybe we will have the Live vocals on the DVD during Smooth Criminal, Bad and Man in the mirror.

The point is though, why would he do that? Why bother to sing live if no one is going to hear it?

Seems highly unlikely.

it's best to make sure especially when you're performing to Royalty, Post Bad Tour Live on the HIStory Tour the playback stopped working so it is possible.

There was one video from HIStory Tour where you could hear Michael singing over playback during Blood on the Dance Floor. But I can't find it now. :(

I'm pretty sure we will hear Michael's live vocals on the songs with playback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back