Michael Jackson Moonwalker Blu-Ray-2 disc Blu Ray out Oct

Re: Michael Jackson Moonwalker Blu-Ray (New date June 2nd)-Threads Merged

I can't wait to get this. Too bad there aren't any extra features but maybe their really isn't anything they could have put on it?

Whatever, I can't wait!

so have ppl been buying their copies from hmv.com?

Do they accept US orders?

Here is something I found on this web site: http://www.releaselists.com/BLURAYInternational.html

June 3, 2010

Moonwalker
(1988) (Michael Jackson's) (Region ABC) [English language track] (UK release) http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0030A0ZD4/?tag=httpwwwreleas-21http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0030A0ZD4/?tag=httpwwwreleas-21

So I think there are no region restrictions.

Sorry, but... I get confused with this questions :scratch:
I live in Chile. I got my TII blu ray from Germany and there was no problem at all. I have gotten also DVDs from USA, Europe or Japan and no problems. I doubt they will make the same mistake they did with VHS ages ago. Is that your fear?

1080p straight from the blu-ray. No i don't have the disk, yet.
And the aspect ratio is really 1.78:1 and it's BD-25 Single-Layer Disc (18.97 GB). the movie is 18.45 GB big. the trailer is in sd 53mb, same as the one on the dvd.

07_001.png

03_000.png

00038m2tssnapshot003230.png

00038m2tssnapshot003257.png

04_000.png

02_001.png

06_000.png

05_000.png

08_000.png

Last edited:

not looking good. it seems to be an upscale looking at those screens rather than a proper HD transfer. very disappointed.

^ Thanks for the info

So the official release date is June 3rd? How is it that some people already have it?

HMV's 'exclusive' was that they could offer it for sale before anyone else.
It appears that the other 'exclusives' are the Steelbook, T-Shirt, and Booklet.

not looking good. it seems to be an upscale looking at those screens rather than a proper HD transfer. very disappointed.
It's a 20 years old movie.
All movies from the 80's look like that on blu. You can't compare them with the movies from the last 5 years. Even 90s movies look like that. On running picture it's going to look better. If the grain that's bothers you, all 35mm movies are grainy. Sharpness is in such old movies rarety.
I don't know, if you do have blu-ray disks of any 80s 90s movies, but thats what it is. Upscale looks totaly different.
I don't like they used vc-1 as codec.
here some examples of 80s movies on blu.

large%20ghosterbustrs%20blu-ray4.jpg

large%20ghosterbustrs%20blu-ray8.jpg

9_000.png

3464cc00fe36.png

fb15a6a49e6a.jpg

Last edited:

I think many are used to seeing DIGITAL HD more than FILM

*on a side note. Can you guys post links or smaller thumbs rather than full size screencaps ... please. Rather annoying to have the page jump all over while it takes 5mins to load a page with these large images. Letting the forum software scale them doesn't always work.
KTHX!

looking forward to this being released. i see that yesasia.com is offering the japanese versions with and without the booklet. anyone have any experience ordering from there?

I just placed my order from hmv. I hope shipping doesn't take long.

I just placed my order from hmv. I hope shipping doesn't take long.

Did they give you an estimated shipping date?

I want to order the japanese version with the T-shirt for my nephew's birthday. I wonder how long that would take to get to FL.

Seems like a little bit of something Michael was against, ! CENSORSHIP ! has happened to this release :(
The part when Joe Pesci tries to stick the girl with a needle near the end is cut out ...

Seems like a little bit of something Michael was against, ! CENSORSHIP ! has happened to this release :(
The part when Joe Pesci tries to stick the girl with a needle near the end is cut out ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! One of the best lines is gone:
Pesci: I just wanna get everybody high, Man. You know, some good drugs. That's all.
Michael: Do it and you're dead!

*edit*
They also edited the part when Pesci is hitting the girl inside the elevator. It cuts to Michael just as he raises his hand.

Last edited:

That's pretty weak and not the story MJ wanted.
Pretty lame that there would ever be talk of wanting Michael Jackson: Moonwalker UNCUT or UNRATED ... :rolleyes:

Pesci: I just wanna get everybody high, Man. You know, some good drugs. That's all.

*edit*
They also edited the part when Pesci is hitting the girl inside the elevator. It cuts to Michael just as he raises his hand.

That's a shame.

What about the suggestive part in the middle of Smooth Criminal (when they all moan "Annie are you ok")? Has it been edited like in the "HIStory on Film Vol 2" DVD version?

Will Amazon UK deliver to Canada? It'll play in my PS3? :scratch:

EDIT: nvm, i was able to order it!

Last edited:

(the following is just my opinion) I think they removed that because they don't want to remind people that Michael is dead.

Last edited:

Did you read that somewhere or is that speculation / assumption ?

IMO, I think it is as plain as day that it is censorship on the highest level.

I wonder who authorized these cuts?
Seems very weird, maybe it's just a UK thing.

I doubt a UK thing because it is usually the U.S. that does this crap while the UK are far from 'sensitive' ...

well that's my opinion, you don't have to agree. the dialog is about drugs and then threat of death / murder. the needle scene is about injecting some person. some people can be uncomfortable with what it reminds them.

Actually, the more I think about it, In the past there were many movies released in the UK which had all kinds of little cuts and edits made to them so they could reach a certain rating set by the BBFC (12, 15 or whatever)
When those same movies were released in other parts of the world, the cuts weren't there.
So again, there's a chance this is a UK only thing, we need to wait and hear about the other releases from other countries.
But thanks for the info, I canceled my order for the time being.

I believe they removed that because they don't want to remind people that Michael is dead.

You can't be serious. Using that logic they'd have to remove the entire Smooth Criminal segment. Because you can't have Mr Big and his army chasing Michael and firing guns at him.

IVY,
I understand you have the opinion, I just wanted to know if this was the case or just speculation on your part. No need to start rumors, ya know?

Rated_R_Ron,
Usually people like buying R2 DVDs because of the massive cuts R1 discs have. This is why I said that. Many times a U.S. release is so cut up that movie lovers purchase an overseas version because they are uncut, even though it doesn't say 'uncut' or unrated' ... it's just the way it is released.

well that's my opinion, you don't have to agree. the dialog is about drugs and then threat of death / murder. the needle scene is about injecting some person. some people can be uncomfortable with what it reminds them.

That dialogue IS the needle scene.

You can't be serious. Using that logic they'd have to remove the entire Smooth Criminal segment. Because you can't have Mr Big and his army chasing Michael and firing guns at him.

I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. In real life Michael did not die of gun shot wounds, did he?

anyway , regardless of the reason it looks like they edited some scenes.. regardless I'm still going to buy it.

I don't think you understood what I was trying to say. In real life Michael did not die of gun shot wounds, did he?

The needle was pointed at the little girl, not Michael. And if you add the elevator edit, you'll see that they don't want to show a little girl getting beaten or injected with a needle.
And that's only what we found so far. There might be more censoring.

The needle was pointed at the little girl, not Michael. And if you add the elevator edit, you'll see that they don't want to show a little girl getting beaten or injected with a needle.

That's just it, we live in a 'PC' world now and visions of creativity are being tossed away because of it. It sucks.
MJ put that in there for a reason I'm sure we all know why and that message, or thought, has been taken away from his story.

Back