Michael Jackson Moonwalker Blu-Ray-2 disc Blu Ray out Oct

Re: Michael Jackson Moonwalker Blu-Ray (New date June 2nd)-Threads Merged

Hows the sound quality in moonwalker for those who got it?

CRYSTAL CLEAR! I've downloaded the 720p version.. I just couldn't wait to see it. I will definitely buy it when it comes out in Holland..

FILM = GRAIN people. Yes you can remove some, but not all. Restoration like that cost a lot of money though and you have to wonder if it is really a priority for Sony to do that or just ship it out so fans quite whining ...

Most of you today are used to clean HD and that is because it is filmed DIGITALLY ...
If there are any artifacts in digital, it is much easier and costs less to clean up.

If they try they can eliminate most of the artifacts

FILM = GRAIN people. Yes you can remove some, but not all. Restoration like that cost a lot of money though and you have to wonder if it is really a priority for Sony to do that or just ship it out so fans quite whining ....

FYI - Moonwalker is released by Warner Bros. It has got nothing to do with Sony.

.... hmmmm not sure why I put down Sony .... ?
Well then, good thing we didn't get a classic WB snap case to go with this release then :lol:

To me the movie has a blue tinge to it.

ON www.cdwow.nl you can order 2 different blu-ray discs... 2 Different prices but I did not noticed any other differences??? ANy of you???

Well, I went ahead and ordered the German steelbook copy from Amazon. Hopefully I won't have any trouble playing it.

Yea sorry I don't have a Blu-Ray, i'll just keep hoping for a DVD release. (Nothing beats watching it on the big screen though, now that was an experience)

Yea sorry I don't have a Blu-Ray, i'll just keep hoping for a DVD release. (Nothing beats watching it on the big screen though, now that was an experience)

Great news for you: You don't have to wait anymore ;) Bought my first "Moonwalker" on dvd around 2004 ;) There was reissue this year, with - IMO - better sound.
But anyway - you can have "Moonwalker" on dvd without waiting for it ;)

1080P screenshots!!!!

beatit.jpg

ct01.jpg

lma01.jpg

mitm02.jpg

mitm05.jpg

Some more:

smoothcriminal01.jpg

smoothcriminal02.jpg

smoothcriminal04.jpg

speeddemon01.jpg

speeddemon02.jpg

If there's a certain shot from the movie you're looking for, let me know and I'll make a screenshot for you.:yes:

Id like to see more shots from the shorts before Badder. That Beat it shot is definitely an upscale. It doesn't look grainy it looks completely blurred. Hopefully it looks better in motion.

I don't like Spike... don't know what, but even after all these years... I am soooo scared of that rabbit!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

the quality of this is amazing!!!!
(the rabbit!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed)

LOL.... I wonder if Michael ever thought of bringing back this fellow with some sort of 3D thing.... :mello:

ok... me and my silly questions, sorry :(

GrEAT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clapping:

I don't like Spike... don't know what, but even after all these years... I am soooo scared of that rabbit!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

the quality of this is amazing!!!!
(the rabbit!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed)

LOL.... I wonder if Michael ever thought of bringing back this fellow with some sort of 3D thing.... :mello:

ok... me and my silly questions, sorry :(

GrEAT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:giggle: Your post made me chuckle!

i wish MOONWALKER had 2010 bonus features such as Commentary by the people who worked on moonwalker.

I wish Moonwalker BR was released BEFORE his pass away..... moneymaking people....

Same as EO coming back to Disneyparks

Id like to see more shots from the shorts before Badder. That Beat it shot is definitely an upscale. It doesn't look grainy it looks completely blurred. Hopefully it looks better in motion.

montage01.jpg

montage02.jpg

montage03d.jpg

montage04.jpg

montage05.jpg

montage06.jpg

QUESTION ABOUT THE BLU-RAY:

For those of you who already have the blu-ray from Germany/Europe... could you please confirm if this brings subtitles in SPANISH?

Thanks in advance :)

ON www.cdwow.nl you can order 2 different blu-ray discs... 2 Different prices but I did not noticed any other differences??? ANy of you???

The cheap version is the normal version and the expensive version is the one with a steel case with (I think) a accompanying booklet.

Those look nice, thanks mier!

I need a new copy... im tired of my casette tape tracking! lol

i order it from HMV.COM (think are UK) and have Greek and Spanish subtitles:

check the picture

Thank you so much, Dimitris!!!

this release is a bad joke.

maybe the colors are a bit better, yes...
but they CHOPPED OFF nearly a 1/3 of everything.

i'll never buy this. happy with the DVD that has the full picture.

^^ lol DVD doesnt have the full picture either.

And to me the colour isnt perfect on this. There is a blue tinge to it.

^^and the dvd has red tinge. Still the blu looks way better.

I don't understand why you all complaine about the release. Either you guys don't have many blu-rays or don't have any (of old movies). But my guess is you don't know what blu-ray movies are about. You're used to the dvd's low resolution, so now with the 1080 picure you are not used to see more.
Complaining about grain. Movies on film have grain. When were you last time in cinema? Pay little more attention. Don't compare the digital-tv 1080 or current movie releases with movies from before 2000.
You can't f*ucking tell me, that watching the dvd on full 1080p screen, looks good or looks just like the blu-ray. Get you're eyes checked. Set you tv-set properly.

As the announcement came last year, that the movie is coming on blu-ray, there were alot of discussions how it's going to look, cause the special effects aren't done on film or something like that. And that's the case. Sequences with special effects are little blured compared to the rest. But everything else is great. It won't get any better.
Big minus for me is the audio. that 5.1 isn't mixed very well. The audio is very front heavy with few side noises from time to time. they should have included lmpc 2.0 track too. Listening in 'all ch. stereo' mode or simulating the 5.1 with the PLII mode, does better job.
Anyway, i'm happy with the release. those who complane, have hi-def tv just because that's the new trend and don't have any idea how movies should look in hi-def . And blu-ray with 80's movies have mostly soft look. Moonwalker dosn't always. Like I said in my previous post, half of the retrospective, SD and LMA look soft and blured. But MITM SC CT and the rest is fine and clean. And don't make judgments just by the screens posted. Buy/rent the disk, watch it and decide if you like it. You can always send the disk back.

Hope it's not he last time we see Michael in high definition.
38461563.png

Last edited:
Back