X Factor Semi Final - Michael Jackson Tribute

Speechless_UK

Proud Member
NOV 27TH UPDATE : NOW BEEN CONFIRMED THAT JANET JACKSON AND LADY GAGA WILL APPEAR ON SUNDAY 6th DECEMBER

DEC 2ND : NOW BEEN CONFIRMED THAT ALL CONTESTANTS WILL PERFROM A MICHAEL JACKSON SONG AND WILL BE MENTORED BY JANET.
SIMON HAD MICHAEL DUE TO PERFORM.

There are strong rumours at the moment that the X Factor Semi Final week will be a tribute to Michael with Janet Jackson appearing.
Lady Gaga will also be appearing although it is unsure if she will be performing her own song (I think she will).

There have always been rumours every year that Michael was going to turn up and I think this year could have been the year. They would have been working their butts off to get him on - especially because of the O2 stint.

It would be great to have a fantastic Janet tribute on UK TV. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: RUMOUR : X Factor Semi Final - Michael Jackson Tribute

I hope so. Michael inspired everyone and a singing talent show needs to pay homage to a legend in that industry, someone who inspired and paved the way for new artists. Its only right.

Anything to liven up such an dull and fake show!

We had a Michael themed night last year and I think before we reach the end of 2009 - The X Factor would be right to hold a tribute show.... after all his music is used so much in it!

The X Factor 2009 - Official music video - You Are Not Alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05M7TyzofGg

nice video! a janet tribute would be awesome, she should so do scream, people in the uk to me have forgotten about that song, even though it still gets played alot on music channels, alot of people dont know it. she should perform it like at the VMA's

I really do hope so :)

The first news articles to talk about the X Factor finalists' version of 'You Are Not Alone' called the song a tribute to MJ, but on the night nobody even mentioned Michael JAckson. They didn't say it was originally recorded by him and they didn't mention he had died. That was very disappointing. The papers go it wrong that time, but I hope X Factor does the right thing and honours Michael Jackson properly at some point in the series.

I'm so disillusioned guys.
That Dermot didn't even mention Michael when he introduced the song makes me so angry!
I mean what were they thinking?
A friend said they were afraid people would download the superior original version instead of the X Factor one if they mentioned Michael but I don't know..
I'm annoyed!

I would love for Janet to perform. That would be amazing. Just a shame the MJ week is so far away if true.

That Dermot didn't even mention Michael when he introduced the song makes me so angry!
A friend said they were afraid people would download the superior original version instead of the X Factor one if they mentioned Michael but I don't know..
I'm annoyed!

I would love for Janet to perform. That would be amazing. Just a shame the MJ week is so far away if true.

I didn't even think of that, but I don't think that it will make much difference to be honest. A lot of people will either buy Michael's album and then the charity single, or will already have the original Y.A.N.A and will therefore just buy the X-factor version.

wooppps if this is true, i can't wait!

I didn't even think of that, but I don't think that it will make much difference to be honest. A lot of people will either buy Michael's album and then the charity single, or will already have the original Y.A.N.A and will therefore just buy the X-factor version.

I know, I didn't think of it either. A friend said it to me today.
I highly doubt they would be that cynical, and I doubt too that it would have made a difference to the juggernaut that is The X Factor's appeal to the CD-buying public.

^

But at least, it's for a good cause....

Michael would agree.... :wub:

BUT... did they get the rights to this song from Sony or Michael's estate?

The first news articles to talk about the X Factor finalists' version of 'You Are Not Alone' called the song a tribute to MJ, but on the night nobody even mentioned Michael JAckson. They didn't say it was originally recorded by him and they didn't mention he had died. That was very disappointing. The papers go it wrong that time, but I hope X Factor does the right thing and honours Michael Jackson properly at some point in the series.

I agree.

If this rumour is true, I'd be happy.

^

But at least, it's for a good cause....

Michael would agree.... :wub:

BUT... did they get the rights to this song from Sony or Michael's estate?

Well Simon works for part of the Sony 'family'.

Simon works for Sony BMG-they're all in it together. Honestly I don't think Simon mentioned MJ deliberatly as people would have just bought MJ's version rather than the X Factor version. Its what happened with Hallelujah last year.

Oh god! I really couldn't stand to watch John and Edward murdering one of his songs!!

fingers crossed :D

Oh god! I really couldn't stand to watch John and Edward murdering one of his songs!!

If they did to a MJ week they'd likely give them Thriller so they can put on a big production.

I'm annoyed!

I know you would have thought Dermot- the presenter would have mentioned Michael, how hard is it to say "Singing Michael Jacksons You Are Not Alone, its the X Factor Finalists!" haha. Plus, the fact Dermot met Michael earlier this year at the press conference,you would think he would mention Mike aswell!

I won't be able to watch it cause I live in Canada and we don't get it here.

I won't be able to watch it cause I live in Canada and we don't get it here.

Its eveywhere on YouTube. If it happens you'll be able to find it! Cowell loves the international audience watching his acts on YT-gives him more exposure in those markets.

Its a nice thought, but it's also somewhat sad because every year at this time (and for every award show, grammys etc), we always make a thead wondering if MJ will show up. But we'll never have to wonder ever again. Sigh. Why does forever have to be so..forever?

ok this is for charity guys and i am appreciative of that. But if MJ was alive would he allow someone to copy his song? Me personally, I can see a lot of MJ covers coming out now which I think MJ would not have necessarily approved. It seems to me the estate will do anything to get money even if it spoils a legacy MJ has.

Not bothered about this one as i think its great but i have a feelin its gonna happen often

Well he let Smooth Criminal and Beat It be covered didn't he?

Back