Would you see THIS IS IT before attending it ?!

I am going to the opening night so wont have that problem. If I was not going though I would try not to spoil it.

Im not going until Sept 21st so Im sure I`ll know all about the concerts before I get there lol, I saw the Dangerous Concert on TV before I attended the show and nothing could compare to actually being there

Nah - I'm going July 12th, so I'll be able to resist temptation. However, I'm gonna try checking the MJ boards to see little details, like how they thought the show was, if MJ sang live... all that good stuff.

Luckily im going opening night...if i hadnt of been i would have found it REALLY difficult not to watch vids on YT etc

^^ Same. I am going on the first of February 2010 >_< so as much as I would like to experience it all there first hand, I am going to have to refrain from reading the news stories/watching videos. I may have to take a little break from MJJC if I want to know nothing about it.

I'd buy the dvd but i'd open it only after attending the concert as watching the dvd would make the concert too predictable. I'll go to the July 22th concert but i may try to attend the first night concert as it will be hard to wait

Hell yeah!! I'm going to be sitting here until late on the 8th July waiting for reports/videos/comments/youtubeness :):)

I would like to see! I'll go to the concert only on 12 February so I will be very interesting what is happening there.

You guys who are asking for a sub forum so you don't have to stay off the whole forum...you do realise that This Is It is ALREADY a sub forum of MJJC discussion and there is much more to this board / site than this sub forum!!!! JUST DON'T COME IN HERE! :lol: What you're asking for has already been done! Be silly to have yet another sub-sub forum just for people who have been. ANY news or topics in the This is it forum will "spoil" things, theres not gonna be anything else in here but pictures, reviews, experiences, what else would you expect to see which isn't a "spoiler"...If you don't wanna see them stick to the general discussion / 2300 Jackson Street / Music Makes the World Go 'Round / The fan zone / STFU!!!! :D

You guys who are asking for a sub forum so you don't have to stay off the whole forum...you do realise that This Is It is ALREADY a sub forum of MJJC discussion and there is much more to this board / site than this sub forum!!!! JUST DON'T COME IN HERE! :lol: What you're asking for has already been done! Be silly to have yet another sub-sub forum just for people who have been. ANY news or topics in the This is it forum will "spoil" things, theres not gonna be anything else in here but pictures, reviews, experiences, what else would you expect to see which isn't a "spoiler"...If you don't wanna see them stick to the general discussion / 2300 Jackson Street / Music Makes the World Go 'Round / The fan zone / STFU!!!! :D

lol.. are you being serious? Yes we know that this is already a sub forum and it's dedicated to the "This Is It" What some of us here is asking for is a s small section dedicated just for the shows. A this is it multimedia section.

What you're saying that we should stay away from all of this is it sub forum just because we don't wanna spoil anything, right? What if I wanna go into the Viagogo thread, or the information on travel and hotel thread. You do understand that there are huge amount of info in here that are relevant for many users, wether they want to know anything about the shows or not?

And honestly I think it's fantastic idea, to gather just videos, reports pictures in one section. Instead of people making all kinds of thread all over the place just for uploading 1 new pic or report. Then it's up to each one in here wether they want a sneak preview, maybe see the show before they attend or don't want to see any footage whatsoever, to keep the excitment.

I was unfortunate to not get any tickets for opening nights, just like you would'nt want anyone to spoil the show for you or someone else before attending on the 8th, we are asking for the same thing. And a little help and undertsanding would be nice instead of completley blowing of imo what is a great idea.:cheeky:

lol.. are you being serious? Yes we know that this is already a sub forum and it's dedicated to the "This Is It" What some of us here is asking for is a s small section dedicated just for the shows. A this is it multimedia section.

What you're saying that we should stay away from all of this is it sub forum just because we don't wanna spoil anything, right? What if I wanna go into the Viagogo thread, or the information on travel and hotel thread. You do understand that there are huge amount of info in here that are relevant for many users, wether they want to know anything about the shows or not?

And honestly I think it's fantastic idea, to gather just videos, reports pictures in one section. Instead of people making all kinds of thread all over the place just for uploading 1 new pic or report. Then it's up to each one in here wether they want a sneak preview, maybe see the show before they attend or don't want to see any footage whatsoever, to keep the excitment.

I was unfortunate to not get any tickets for opening nights, just like you would'nt want anyone to spoil the show for you or someone else before attending on the 8th, we are asking for the same thing. And a little help and undertsanding would be nice instead of completley blowing of imo what is a great idea.:cheeky:

I also think it's a good idea to have a special section where people who've already been to a show can share their experience!

Then just click on the Viagogo thread / travel thread then! And don't click on the "JULY 8TH SHOW REVIEW" / "This Is It video!" threads! Its really not that hard. I just think its silly to have a sub thread for something which is going to be the majority of threads from July 8th just cos you won't be able to resist the urge to click on a thread that will clearly include spoilers!

I didn't intend to offend, and it wasn't just aimed at you, I just don't see the need to throw the more common / popular threads into a sub forum sin bin :lol: leaving the main forum with very little activity!

Saying that I think the introduction of the spoiler function would be good to introduce just incase a detail of the performance comes up in a non performance specific thread.

Its going to be so so hard not to :\

I might take away my internet cable and tell my mum and dad to hide it until 1st August.

Ahhh come on guys.. It's MJ's first concert in years! Off course you can watch news footages.. There will be plenty of it on July 9th all over the world.. You can not deny it.. Trust me, you will be tempted to check the news.. The Youtube vids I wouldn't check, since the quality is poor and shaky.. That is not the intention of the concert I assume.

Ahhh come on guys.. It's MJ's first concert in years! Off course you can watch news footages.. There will be plenty of it on July 9th all over the world.. You can not deny it.. Trust me, you will be tempted to check the news.. The Youtube vids I wouldn't check, since the quality is poor and shaky.. That is not the intention of the concert I assume.

Im sure I will be swayed to look. But a lot of me wants to witness it for the first time in person. Hmm, ill just see what happens at the time.

Then just click on the Viagogo thread / travel thread then! And don't click on the "JULY 8TH SHOW REVIEW" / "This Is It video!" threads! Its really not that hard. I just think its silly to have a sub thread for something which is going to be the majority of threads from July 8th just cos you won't be able to resist the urge to click on a thread that will clearly include spoilers!

I didn't intend to offend, and it wasn't just aimed at you, I just don't see the need to throw the more common / popular threads into a sub forum sin bin :lol: leaving the main forum with very little activity!

Saying that I think the introduction of the spoiler function would be good to introduce just incase a detail of the performance comes up in a non performance specific thread.

I wish it was that easy to just click on the threads you want to see, but you have to understand that a thread title can say soo much. Take this for instance.. you go in the this is it forum and see a title" omg the smooth criminal lean was sooo bad this time( just an example that popped in my head) boooom there it is, in your face. Or "where was man in the mirror" or whatever, you get my point. Also a whole lot of info about the setlist will just be there, in the titles. What I'm saying is that there should be a space just for the things concerning the actual shows!

Why such a space in the this is it section should absolutly not take place whatsoever is what I don't understand Katzr2000. You are basically saying in your posts that this idea will happend over your dead body. That's how much against it you are.

Just like the travel and accomondation (sp?)has it's on space inside the "This is It" section there should be one just like the travel section for "this is it multimedia, setlist videos etc also inside the "this is it" forum.

I also agree with you on the spoiler function, basically that's what I've been trying to say. We need something/some space for that.

Oh and on one last note.. I remember when Thriller 25 mixes where put in yotube most people in here checked out the remixes and immediatly made up their mind on how it was like, before the final versions was even on the cd. Honest to God I listened one minute of 2 remixes and shut the window down. I really didn't want to spoil the excitment of putting a brand new cd in the player and listen in high quality and then judge for myself. Same goes this time with the concerts. I hope you get the point.

Peace out.

I'm going to opening night so I won't have to avoid things like mad! That's one of the reasons I got tickets for that night, I want it to be all a surprise and special when I see it! I dunno, I just want it to be a certain way! Ahhhh thinking about it makes me feel crazy!

As I'm going to the concerts 8th and 10th july I wont be able to see it before!

I'm very thankful and grateful that I'm going to one of the July concerts, so hopefully I will be able to avoid any footage etc. I know I will be tempted though to see what people say about the opening night but on the other hand I want to try and stay away from it because I want to be completely surprised.

I am seeing opening night and a number of others but im still gonna watch ALL the private recordings that leak out haha :)

I think I would. I say "I don't want to see any clips of the concert until I go myself" but unfortunatley I'm too curious and wouldn't be able to wait until then lol.

Back