World Music Awards 2010 - will be Michael Jackson a winner or just a Tribute? -Merged-

what is the point in having best pop, best rock and then best pop/rock. It doesnt make any sense?!

seems like they are making up odd nominations so extra people can win awards....best pop/rock artist lady gaga?! WTF i didnt no she did rock music?

• World's Best Single: Lady GaGa
  • World's Best Album: Lady GaGa
  • World's Best Pop Artist: Black Eyed Peas > FALSE! > MICHAEL JACKSON
  • World's Best Pop/Rock Artist: Lady GaGa > FALSE! > MICHAEL JACKSON
  • World's Best Rock Artist: U2
  • World's Best R&B Artist: Black Eyed Peas > FALSE! > MICHAEL JACKSON
  • World's Best Hip-Hop Artist: Black Eyed Peas
  • World's Best New Artist: Lady GaGa
  • World's Best Classical Artist: Andrea Bocelli
  • World's Best DJ: David Guetta
  • Outstanding Contribution to the Arts: Jennifer Lopez
  • Rock Legends: Scorpions
  • Producer: David Guetta
World's Best Selling Artist From Around the World:
  • Africa: Akon
  • America: Lady GaGa > FALSE! > MICHAEL JACKSON
  • Asia: Namie Amuro
  • Australia: Empire of the Sun
  • Canada: Michael Buble
  • France: David Guetta
  • Germany: Rammstein
  • Great Britain: Susan Boyle
  • Ireland: U2
  • Italy: Tiziano Ferro
  • Latina America: Shakira
  • Middle East: Elissa
  • Scandinavia: a-ha
  • Spain: Monica Noranjo

ok.... I will add to my statistics.... Michael Jackson have won 4 world music awards in 2010, and was the big winner. :clapping:

*Ignoring these ignorant bastards*

:eek:

This can only have been a joke. Unbelievable Michael did not win any award. :(

Re: Michael didn't win ANY World Music Awards

It just does not make any sense at all. Michael by far was the biggest selling artist last year! He sold like 30 million albums or more correct?

To not even have a tribute dedicated to the biggest selling artist of all time, to the greatest and biggest entertainer of all time is an absolute disgrace.

I hate to sound harsh, but what did we expect? I think that, for a moment, we forgot who we were dealing with. The only reason they paid him tributes last year was because the world was watching. It's been almost a year. The world has moved on and forgotten all about Michael. There is no longer any money in that, so they abandoned it as well.

It's only us the fans who will never ever forget who this wonderful man was. It doesn't matter what the outcome of these stupid awards were, or if they paid him any tribute. To us, he's the biggest winner there ever was and our love is our eternal tribute to him and his memory.

Fxxk the rest of them, and fxxk the world music awards. Everyone knows they're scheisse anyway.

^ I don't agree sorry. The world has not "forgotten about Michael". I haven't stopped hearing references of him, whether in general chat, on the radio, movies or T.V.

Even when Michael was alive but in hiding, the world never forgot. He is the biggest culture figure in history so its impossible for the world not to make references to him in such a pop culture world that we live in.

^ I don't agree sorry. The world has not "forgotten about Michael". I haven't stopped hearing references of him, whether in general chat, on the radio, movies or T.V.

Even when Michael was alive but in hiding, the world never forgot. He is the biggest culture figure in history so its impossible for the world not to make references to him in such a pop culture world that we live in.

They don't do enough. In my opinion, they have largely forgotten about him. Perhaps your point of view is a bit more optimistic, but mine certainly isn't.

This was the greatest entertainer who ever lived. An occasional reference in some show is nowhere near enough for me. Not at all.

They don't do enough. In my opinion, they have largely forgotten about him. Perhaps your point of view is a bit more optimistic, but mine certainly isn't.

This was the greatest entertainer who ever lived. An occasional reference in some show is nowhere near enough for me. Not at all.

If your talking about the media and the big people in the entertainment industry, than I agree with you. But the world, as in the people, I don't agree. It was the peoples reaction that stopped the world in its tracks on June 25th and forced the media to admit to his global impact.

Last edited:
If your talking about the media and the big people in the entertainment industry, than I agree with you. But the world, as in the people, I don't agree. It was the peoples reaction that stopped the world in its tracks on June 25th and forced the media to admit to his global impact.

Yes, the media and the people who aren't fans. I know we'll never forget him. Of course his death stopped everyone on their tracks. It was unexpected, like a car crash that changed everyone's world. Their reaction was largely out of impact, in my opinion. Perhaps people somewhere else are different, but around where I live, most people are as they were before.

Yes, the media and the people who aren't fans. I know we'll never forget him. Of course his death stopped everyone on their tracks. It was unexpected, like a car crash that changed everyone's world. Their reaction was largely out of impact, in my opinion. Perhaps people somewhere else are different, but around where I live, most people are as they were before.
How can you think the worlds reaction was due only largely to impact or because it was unexpected. Michael had a huge impact on the world and its culture including all the people in it, from fans to non fans.

I haven't witnessed or heard of anything in what your describing about as the people in your area. Why allow a few people who live near you generalize the world? Have you spoken to every single person in your area to make up this conclusion of where you live? Not trying to sound harsh, just being realistic.

ok.... I will add to my statistics.... Michael Jackson have won 4 world music awards in 2010, and was the big winner. :clapping:

:O :O :O What a shame !!

Michael did not release anything new in 2010, so why would he be nominated? For some reason some of you seem to be missing the fact that the word music awards is a yearly event?!

Michael received his diamond award last year. He was honored for all his work and sales. He already has been awarded for being awesome.

Just because we think Michael was and will always be the best at ANYTHING, the rest of the world has moved on and is looking at the pop-artists that scored this year, and therefor giving them awards.

Re: Michael didn't win ANY World Music Awards

These award shows are complete jokes now days. They don't even honor music anymore...it's all about popularity, fame and ratings. Music has truly gone downhill :(

Very, very true.

Sadly, there is nothing we can do.

To be honest and only going with what several posters have said already, it's not like there was any new music he'd put out himself. If it was for a music documentary maybe TII could have won but really - does it honestly matter?

I laughed hard when Number Ones won that award for whenever it was last year. It just shows that not only could he not be bothered to put out new music in a decent timeframe, his re-releases are more popular than if he'd put anything new out - which had he put anything new out, it wouldn't have sold half of Invincible or even BoTDF. Those artists are putting out new songs, remix singles and live releases - was Michael doing that? No. Really, he could win off the back of Thriller or Bad - because those are primarily what was on Number Ones.

That's the reality of the industry nowadays and I'll be hoping he gets no other awards for new music either - 'cos he ain't putting it out and unless it's how he had it sound, left as originally, then it doesn't need an award. You may as well award it to a third-party sound engineer or mixer.

Michael did not release anything new in 2010, so why would he be nominated? For some reason some of you seem to be missing the fact that the word music awards is a yearly event?!

Michael received his diamond award last year. He was honored for all his work and sales. He already has been awarded for being awesome.

Just because we think Michael was and will always be the best at ANYTHING, the rest of the world has moved on and is looking at the pop-artists that scored this year, and therefor giving them awards.

"normaly".. yes normaly the artist with the "biggest sales" get the award. and this is corrupted.

Are we upset because releases of old music and one new song did not get Michael awards over current artists putting out new music..?

I don't even.. I think I only click on threads like these because I have a sadistic craving to read things that I already know ahead of time are going to hurt my brain.

Re: World Music Awards 2010 - will be Michael Jackson a winner or just a Tribute?

MJ should at least win these awards based on sales:

1. World's Best Selling Record Act

2. World's Best Selling Pop Male Artist

3. World's Best Selling Pop/Rock Male Artist

4. World's Best Selling R&B Male

5. World's Best Selling American Artist

And he could possibly win any one of these awards:

1. Outstanding Contribution To The Arts

2. Special Achievement Award

3. Outstanding Contribution To The Music Industry

And they have regional awards for different countries. But I think they are for artist who are from that country, not based on who sold the most there.

Hope he wins them ALL! :punk:

Are we upset because releases of old music and one new song did not get Michael awards over current artists putting out new music..?

I don't even.. I think I only click on threads like these because I have a sadistic craving to read things that I already know ahead of time are going to hurt my brain.

the world music awards are about SALES. it doesn't matter if u releasing a new album. ITS ABOUT SALES. And noone nearly sold more than Michael Jackson last year.

Back