World Music Awards 2010 - will be Michael Jackson a winner or just a Tribute? -Merged-

Re: World Music Awards 2010 - will be Michael Jackson a winner or just a Tribute?

The WMA website has been updated with winners...it doesn't appear that Michael was a nominee...I don't really know how these particular awards are picked though-are they sales based?

Re: Michael didn't win ANY World Music Awards

Nothing? Was he even mentioned like a tribute or anything?

These awards are all fixed IMO. MJ not winning a Grammy in 1986 proved that it is BS! :sigh:

I just was on their site and noticed this too and I am amazed for real......

It just does not make any sense at all. Michael by far was the biggest selling artist last year! He sold like 30 million albums or more correct?

To not even have a tribute dedicated to the biggest selling artist of all time, to the greatest and biggest entertainer of all time is an absolute disgrace.

omg!! wtf! thats just horrible!! i didnt even know the show was on. i wasnt home so i dont care.lol but still that just sucks!!! F**K them. :mad:

WOW! unbelievable...:angry:

These award shows are complete jokes now days. They don't even honor music anymore...it's all about popularity, fame and ratings. Music has truly gone downhill :(

These award shows are complete jokes now days. They don't even honor music anymore...it's all about popularity, fame and ratings. Music has truly gone downhill :(

couldn't agree more. :(

Huh? Was there a tribute at the very least?

Michael didn't release an album, so I guess that's why he was not nominated?

A little surprising bearing in mind how synonymous Mike was with the WMAs but really nothing to get upset about.

Mike's award cupboard hardly resembles Old Mother Hubbard's does it?

The world is full of war, hunger, poverty & crime. Put things into perspective.

oh.
wow.
:unsure:....

He sold SOOO many albums altogether but none of his individual albums sold enough to e the biggest selling album. Single sales were no where near enough to win. and even tho his sales overall were clearly the biggest, they were ALL catalog sales. Maybe he will win next year in multiple categories with NEW music.

I just checked the site over again, and it seems that they just chose the top 4 biggest albums/artists in each category, and then let people online vote for who they wanted to win.

I guess they didn't include catalog sales, becuase he surly would have won some awards like Worlds Best Pop Artist, Worlds Best Pop/Rock Artist, and Worlds Best Selling American Artist.

I'm sort of with Dutchie on this one. I mean obviously he deserved something but...he didn't actually perform or release any material in the first half of 2009. Yes he was rehearsing for a future event but he wasn't actually releasing material.

*gets ready to be shot*

This did not surprise me at all. Michael was not even listed as the most influential people in TIME but Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift did. What did they influenced us ?? I dont understand. I dont know what's happening to the entertainment industry these days. Why are they making it so easy for the new artists to achieve certain recognitions ?

Why do yall care about these award shows???

ITS OVERRRR. Get It. Comprehend it. Understand it. After this year, Michael is not getting anything and he should not have gotten anything this year because he didnt release any new material....

I will never understand why you fans care so much about award shows that is ran by an industry that GIVES out awards to POPULAR artists that are never EARNED. Everything in the industry is fixed and nothing is really about TALENT anymore and the winners pretty much show that but I dont care I dont watch this mess.

Re: World Music Awards 2010 - will be Michael Jackson a winner or just a Tribute?

The WMA website has been updated with winners...it doesn't appear that Michael was a nominee...I don't really know how these particular awards are picked though-are they sales based?

The awards are based only on sales...

I am shocked that Michael didnt win anything...:doh:
in 1996 he won 4+1 awards....:scratch:

Why do yall care about these award shows???

ITS OVERRRR. Get It. Comprehend it. Understand it. After this year, Michael is not getting anything and he should not have gotten anything this year because he didnt release any new material....

I will never understand why you fans care so much about award shows that is ran by an industry that GIVES out awards to POPULAR artists that are never EARNED. Everything in the industry is fixed and nothing is really about TALENT anymore and the winners pretty much show that but I dont care I dont watch this mess.

I agree! Thanks for this! I just wish he would have at least gotten a tribute....

Michael didn't release an album, so I guess that's why he was not nominated?

That would be OK for NEW music.

I guess they didn't include catalog sales, becuase he surly would have won some awards like Worlds Best Pop Artist, Worlds Best Pop/Rock Artist, and Worlds Best Selling American Artist.

Exactly, thats the only one reason and explanation.
But generally, Michael was the best selling artist of 2009, so...., if Jenifer Lopez could get a "Legend award" (I dont get for what), Michael could get a special award, but on the other hand, other artists should get such an award in previous years...., they didnt...

^^^Yea, this really hit me hard. I just hate when MJ doesn't get the recognition he deserves in the industry.

Michael didn't release any new material this year which is why he's not nominated. Maybe next year after the new album is released but sadly this is what is to come. Michael won so many awards when he was alive his contribution has definitely be rewarded and his legacy will never die. He doesn't need to win more awards to prove that. He proved it a long time ago.

Back