World Music Awards 2010 - will be Michael Jackson a winner or just a Tribute? -Merged-

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
wma2009.jpg

2vryfbt.jpg

http://www.worldmusicawards.com/

Will be Michael awarded as the best selling male artist in the US and world?

We´ll see..., I am not sure if there is the need to be nominated or automatically ... because of the known reasons..., and what about a tribute?

Re: World Music Awards 2010 - will be Michael Jackson a winner or just a Tribute?

I REALLY hope he's a winner :)

Re: World Music Awards 2010 - will be Michael Jackson a winner or just a Tribute?

Don't worry. MJ will more than likely be the big winner of the night. Taking home awards for both US and Worldwide sales. NO ONE sold more than he did last year in any country.

And I would assume there would be a tribute. Also considering how it is so close to the 1 year anniversary.

Michael was the biggest selling artist last year in the UK, the US, Japan, and multiple other countries. He deserves to win something.

When is the ceremony taking place?

The message:
R.I.P Michael. We Love You.
This message and the 6 quicktime videos of 2 awards and mentions was a very nice thing to do.
May 18 the awards take place but I don't see television times.

Last edited:

In the US it usually comes on UPN. Thats the way it was last year.

I hope he wins and I hope they do take the time to talk about him. Not some 15 second mention like the last award show recently.

How surreal. I remember getting so excited for the 2006 WMA's to see Michael there and now this... a tribute. Can't believe it.

Michael was the biggest selling artist last year in the UK, the US, Japan, and multiple other countries. He deserves to win something.

And because the awards are based only on sale, Michael IMO will win/receive at least 4 awards...

But no word if any of the Jacksons is going to attend..., Jermaine, LaToya should book the flight...

MJ should at least win these awards based on sales:

1. World's Best Selling Record Act

2. World's Best Selling Pop Male Artist

3. World's Best Selling Pop/Rock Male Artist

4. World's Best Selling R&B Male

5. World's Best Selling American Artist

And he could possibly win any one of these awards:

1. Outstanding Contribution To The Arts

2. Special Achievement Award

3. Outstanding Contribution To The Music Industry

And they have regional awards for different countries. But I think they are for artist who are from that country, not based on who sold the most there.

And because the awards are based only on sale, Michael IMO will win/receive at least 4 awards...

But no word if any of the Jacksons is going to attend..., Jermaine, LaToya should book the flight...

Seriously, these two should just stay the heck home, let someone else do it. It just seems as though collecting MJ's awards is a full time job for these two now, especially Latoya. Not hating, but let someone else do it for a change.

Seriously, these two should just stay the heck home, let someone else do it. It just seems as though collecting MJ's awards is a full time job for these two now, especially Latoya. Not hating, but let someone else do it for a change.

i completely agree with u .

Yes, Mike will win multiple awards, that's guaranteed.

But as for the tribute, I don't know. I have emailed the organiser multiple times since he died - I think my first email to them was in October last year - and they have never replied. No details have leaked to the press so perhaps they aren't going to to anything.

It's so long since he died now perhaps they think the tribute thing has been done to death (no pun intended), and it's too early really for a 1st anniversary tribute. I hope they will do something...

I hope he will be a winner, because he deserves it!

if there is no tribute I'll be disgusted.

It's so long since he died now perhaps they think the tribute thing has been done to death (no pun intended)

Um it wouldn't matter if Michael was gone 1 year, 10 years or 30 years from now. There will always be tributes towards the King Of Pop.

He should win on sales alone but for the studio albums sold and mention more of the 90s work and Invincible - try to take attention away from Thriller for the love of all involved. I'm really hoping the TII album doesn't win anything for it's own thing nor going back on other compos like Number Ones, Essential etc. Time to move forward and this would be an even better time to announce a new record coming - get the hype machine going.

A tribute would be nice - there's no way it won't happen. Just how long or what it's made up of is another question.

he should win awards!!! or i hope he will!

Is there any further info as to when this might air on television? I checked the website but didn't see anything. It was very sad to see the RIP section on the website-still hard to think like that. :(

Like everyone else though, I hope too that Michael wins awards!

post deleted

bumping

what time and channel damn did i miss it i guess i did.

Michael didn't win ANY World Music Awards

This is complete BULLSH**!!!!!!!!!!

MJ out sold everyone last year and he didn't receive one award from the world music awards this year. He wasn't even nominated.

Here are the Winners:

Worlds Best Single- Lady GaGa(Poker Face)

Worlds Best Album- Lady GaGa(The Fame)

Worlds Best Pop Artist- Black Eyed Peas

Worlds Best Pop/Rock Artist- Lady GaGa

Worlds Best Rock Aritst- U2

Worlds Best R&B Artist- Black Eyed Peas

Worlds Best Hip-Hop Artist- Black Eyed Peas

Worlds Best New Artist- Lady GaGa

Worlds Best Classical Artist- Andrea Bocelli

Worlds Best DJ- David Guetta

Legend For Outstanding Contribution To The Arts- Jenifer Lopez, Rock Legends: The Scorpions, Producer: David Guetta

Best Selling Artists From Around The World:

Africa- Ackon

America- Lady GaGa

Asia- Namie Amuro

Australia- Empire Of The Sun

Canada- Michael Buble

France- David Guetta

Germany- Rammstein

Great Britain- Susan Boyle

Ireland- U2

Italy- Tiziano Ferro

Latin America- Shakira