Will Justin Beiber surpass Michael’s TII? *Update Post 50*

Re: Justin Beiber beat out MJ

Again, how is this relevant?...

Who cares? Michael's still the King Of Pop, it's not like he's not the KOP anymore because of this... Screw Bieber and screw today's mainstream!

Amen! :)

EDIT: Oh and you wanna know why the movie sold so much? Because the producers kept adding new footage/extra footage and/or more interviews with people and such, while it was still out so those who saw it had to come back multiple times to see it whenever they added new stuff. That and also the fact that most of JB's fans are under 12 year old girls who in my opinion (not to offend anyone) are the most irelevant group of people out there...

I'm pretty sure most of us saw This Is It multiple times and if the producers would've kept it in theaters for more than just two weeks the movie would've sold WAY more money than it did. Also, the trick with adding extra footage would've worked as well.

Last edited:

To be honest, I am not that worried, it's a film. Michael was about music. Also it is a rehearsal so it isn't Michael's best, so I think he would be very happy how it made.

To be honest, I am not that worried, it's a film. Michael was about music. Also it is a rehearsal so it isn't Michael's best, so I think he would be very happy how it made.

Considering it was open for only 2 weeks and wasn't very well promoted in various places of the world. I know this might sound bad but the only promotion it got here in Romania was the coverage of his death and the various trubutes on TV, very little actual promotion for the movie as in commercials, ads and so on...

It took Justin's crap movie a month and a half to make 71.2 million, Michael's awesome documentry This Is It made 71.1 in only two weeks so he hasn't really beaten MJ.

Yes, it should be the FASTEST amount made.

I really do believe it was the fact that after a couple of weeks, they added new footage as a directors cut, and revived interest and people went to see it again or for the first time.

That's like having "This Is It" out for a couple of weeks, and then before pulling it from theaters, saying new footage was added.

If MJ fans were told that even today after the DVD release that This Is It is being re-released, but with never before seen footage, they'd go see it again. Beibers producers were smart to issue that directors cut only a couple of weeks after the original movie hit theaters.

Wish Sony was as smart. They've bungled everything with distribution and promotion relative to MJ since his passing, from the This Is It movie to the handling of his album. It's like they're novices in the business instead of pros.

respect77;3305327 said:
IMO we need to stop worrying about Bieber, Gaga and report on every news about them. They are just the hype of the moment, they are nothing compared to Michael and they will be nowhere in 5 or 10 years time.

YES SO TRUE!!!!

AndreyZidane™;3305693 said:
Again, how is this relevant?...

Who cares? Michael's still the King Of Pop, it's not like he's not the KOP anymore because of this... Screw Bieber and screw today's mainstream!

Amen! :)

EDIT: Oh and you wanna know why the movie sold so much? Because the producers kept adding new footage/extra footage and/or more interviews with people and such, while it was still out so those who saw it had to come back multiple times to see it whenever they added new stuff. That and also the fact that most of JB's fans are under 12 year old girls who in my opinion (not to offend anyone) are the most irelevant group of people out there...

I'm pretty sure most of us saw This Is It multiple times and if the producers would've kept it in theaters for more than just two weeks the movie would've sold WAY more money than it did. Also, the trick with adding extra footage would've worked as well.

rocketman;3305865 said:
It took Justin's crap movie a month and a half to make 71.2 million, Michael's awesome documentry This Is It made 71.1 in only two weeks so he hasn't really beaten MJ.

FIRST OFF, let's be perfectly clear, we ARE NOT comparing apples to apples here.

Michael docu was out only two weeks- made 7.1. How much did Bieber's make in two weeks? That would be comparing it fairly.

Also, like some have mentioned, the world is NOT the USA. Michaels docu in two weeks made over 260 million, how much did Bieber make worldwide in only two weeks?

Another thing like another poster mentioned the prices for 3D are 30% higher so of course he will be making for money.

SO IN CONCLUSION, Michael's TII is still the KING and will always be the KING if only the MEDIA and promoters start comparing things fairly.:D

Once Justin starts growing facial hair and his voice gets deeper, his career is screwed. Girls won't find him cute & dreamy anymore

Wow.. laughable. ...

I feel sorry for this kid, he's receiving so much good press and the media's obsession with him - as it happens with all kids who actually have a good heart (they are few)... It's so sad that it won't be long before they break him down... Poor kid.

PROUD of #NEVERSAYNEVER3D and grateful 2 the fans 4 making it the #1 grossing concert doc of ALL TIME!! MJ is still the greatest! #HONORED

but MJ is still and always will be the KING OF POP! and worldwide we got a long way to go. #MJtheGreatestEVER #SHOWRESPECTTOTHEKINGOFPOP

but regardless thank you thank you thank you to all those that did and are continuing to support #NSN3D around the world. #MUCHLOVE

http://twitter.com/justinbieber

In the end of the day TII was out for a max of four weeks, it was extended in a lot of countries. But Justin's film has been out a month and a half. And this is domestic. Never Say Never can not even come close internationally. Its made $10mil internationally-TII made $180 internationally. It cant be beaten.

Yes worldwide they have a long way to go. It beat This is It in US sales not worldwide. This is It was never suppose to be a film. It means more to me and we were lucky to see Michael rehearsing and working.

Yeah it doesn't come close to TII. But a lot of people will hear that Justin Bieber's movie surpassed TII in the US box office and not even think about worldwide...

Yeah it doesn't come close to TII. But a lot of people will hear that Justin Bieber's movie surpassed TII in the US box office and not even think about worldwide...

The media probably would never mention about the difference between 3D and 2D admissions. If we take the price differential into consideration, NSN doesn't beat TII.

Oh well... whatever. It really isn't important.

Lol!
I just read on facebook that he was on tonights episode of CSI :rofl:

Respect to the kid though..these days it's hard to get where he is now..
Ofcourse Michael's still on top of all..

Love&Peace

LiL..

Yeah, I was just watching it tonight and I was like "WTF, that guy looks like Justin Bieber" :mello: It took a while before I realized it was actually him :lol: He played a sort of terrorist who wanted to take revenge at the CSI team because Nick killed his brother. His acting was so-so :p

Wow.. laughable. ...

I feel sorry for this kid, he's receiving so much good press and the media's obsession with him - as it happens with all kids who actually have a good heart (they are few)... It's so sad that it won't be long before they break him down... Poor kid.

I share your sentiment. They're going to rip him to shreds at some point.

I share your sentiment. They're going to rip him to shreds at some point.

Nah, I think he will just fade out like Aaron Carter, Jesse McCartney and the Jonas Brothers did before him. He is too much of a "nice boy" for the media to rip him apart. I am fairly certain that Justin Bieber will be gone in a few years (and a new teen heart-throb will arive).

Just read today from Contactmusic that Never Say Never did surpass This Is It in box office receipts. Bieber is grateful but says he still considers Mike number one. Duh...of course. Nobody can overtake Mike regardless.

Yes, actually This Is It was out only for four weeks, so really they should compare it to Never Say Never, and we will see who is the winner.

Michael made more money within less weeks than Never ay Never, so This Is It, should really be the biggest one, no matter what.

Back