Will Justin Beiber surpass Michael’s TII? *Update Post 50*

Domestically, yes most likely. Internationally no. Justin Bieber is very popular in the States but he doesn't have that appeal internationally. His singles and albums have not sold brilliantly in the UK for example. His fans buy them but other people don't.

Sophielo;3286751 said:
Domestically, yes most likely. Internationally no. Justin Bieber is very popular in the States but he doesn't have that appeal internationally. His singles and albums have not sold brilliantly in the UK for example. His fans buy them but other people don't.

In Canada too, he is Canadian after all :p

I don't think he'll pass domestically though... the people I'm around aren't big Bieber fans but I'm not hearing much about this movie anymore

respect77;3286096 said:
I don't want to sound rude, but the World is not the USA! Who cares if Bieber will surpass Michael there, it's just one country (even if it's the biggest market for pop culture). Worldwide Bieber's popularity is not even close. Besides he's just the flavor of the month, let's see him in 5 or 10 years.

So true, so true. The U.S. always thinks they are the world - as in the world's biggest sporting event - The Super Bowl, which of course is NOT.

Anyway, I never heard of any movie by him until this forum. LOL.

Michael made over 261million worldwide and that is what counts when it comes to sales, whether albums or movies, NOT just U.S, sales. Bieber will NEVER come close. HA!

Also, there is no comparison between the two as many have pointed out only that it is in the genre, musical movie.

oh please as if some little bubblegum candy bopper is ever going to compare to the king of music!!!

justin's fans are mostly under the age of 16 im assuming and michael's fans are all ages from all over the world

Hell nah! :nono: I can't stand that boy!
Even if his movie sales more tickets than TII in the US it's just because how consumerism works in that country, it's fashionably acceptable to consume what it's popular.

I'm sick of hearing about Justin Beiber! He didn't get to where he is today because of his talent. He got to where he is because record compaines knew that he has a markatable image and the young girls will think he's ''cute''

His audience is very fickle. Once the next ''cute teen celebrity'' comes around they'll drop Justin Beiber in a heart beat. It happened to The Jonas Brothers

With all do respect for other singers.....comparing MICHAEL JACKSON to a 16 ( ? ) year old boy is...crazy.
Michael Jackson is a league on his own. He is larger than life. He is an institution.
It is good that young singers are taking Michael as a role model, but that is all.
In my opinion, all of them are going to work their little as** of and even then they will not come close to Michael.
If Bieber could stay on scene for 40 years and have such a huge fan community then we can talk......maybe.

analogue;3289242 said:
I'm sick of hearing about Justin Beiber! He didn't get to where he is today because of his talent. He got to where he is because record compaines knew that he has a markatable image and the young girls will think he's ''cute''

His audience is very fickle. Once the next ''cute teen celebrity'' comes around they'll drop Justin Beiber in a heart beat. It happened to The Jonas Brothers

Too true. With celebrities now, there's always someone else behind the "teen heartthrob" of the moment. So fickle. But I can that can only be due to the fact that very few celebs nowadays don't have much talent..

^^^^^
Of course it will not happen. I just saw a trailer for Bieber"s movie....the guy is desperate of trying to be a new Michael Jackson. omg
Why can"t they just be original ?!
No..no....everything is money today. No true and honest art that comes from a heart.
Btw....I heard HT on my local radio today and I almost cried again. I miss him so, so much.

Re: Justin Beiber beat out MJ

IMO we need to stop worrying about Bieber, Gaga and report on every news about them. They are just the hype of the moment, they are nothing compared to Michael and they will be nowhere in 5 or 10 years time.

Justin Beiber is 16 years old boy, a boy who has been several years in the music business, but still needs to learn a lot..
The reason why he has a big name in today's music, is because of the hype the record company has been making.
Michael made the record company, JB needs the record company.
Nothing against JB, but let we say, no one beats Michael.
He's special.

i know JB will be nothing in 5 years, he will end up like the jonas' and former people before him that i cant even name. lol

In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes,
"Proud of Never Say Never 3D and grateful 2 the fans 4 making it the #1 grossing concert doc of All Time!! MJ is still the greatest! Honored. But regardless thank you thank you thank you to all those that did and are continuing to support Nsn3d around the world. Much love.
"MJ is still and always will be the King Of Pop! and worldwide we got a long way to go. MJ the Greatest Ever."

WTF?????!!!!!!!
Who cares about JB?
I wonder when he will stop mentioning Michael all the time?Who he thinks he is to compare himself with Michael?Nobody ever compared him with Michael but himself.
So presumptuous!!

lol That kid is everywhere! so annoying :rolleyes2:

In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes,
"Proud of Never Say Never 3D and grateful 2 the fans 4 making it the #1 grossing concert doc of All Time!! MJ is still the greatest! Honored. But regardless thank you thank you thank you to all those that did and are continuing to support Nsn3d around the world. Much love.
"MJ is still and always will be the King Of Pop! and worldwide we got a long way to go. MJ the Greatest Ever."

WTF?????!!!!!!!
Who cares about JB?
I wonder when he will stop mentioning Michael all the time?Who he thinks he is to compare himself with Michael?Nobody ever compared him with Michael but himself.
So presumptuous!!

I think it's good that he respects Michael :)

Congrats to Justin for this record, it's a great achievement. However, let's remember that the USA is just one country and internationally Justin has a long way to go, as he admits ;)

Actually, Never Say Never didn't really beat This Is It yet. Never Say Never is a 3D movie, TII is not. Ticket of 3D movie is more expensive, at least 30% higher than 2D movie. So, in order for NSN to truly beat TII, NSN has to gross at least 30% more in the US.

NSN is out of the top 10 in the box office this week. The chance for it to past the $100M mark is slim.

Anyway, congratulations to Justin! It's still an achievement.

Why wouldn't he?

He should worship Michael.
To compare himself to Michael or to dare attaining his excellence, first he should have a voice.

That's my opinion.

He never compared himself to MJ.

Back