Why is no one talking about MJ turning 50..but madonna yes?

I saw Extra a couple nights ago talking about all the celebs turning 50 this year.. including Michael.. but what, that was like for a second, literally. :lol::mello: & they focused it on Prince and Madonna mainly. I was like.. okay. :mellow: Well that is all I saw on tv. :/ haha

Last edited:
Don't worry, MJ still has a few weeks left, but Madonna's bday is today!

I just hope the news reports are not completely biased and negative, which sadly, i have a nasty feeling they will be...

But i'll keep the faith for now!

^^ hopes so too. Yeah I have a feeling too that the media must report something negative as well...ughhhh. Hopefully they will at least say some postive things on MJ b-day.

Well I 'm asking the same question.
And Why they always put Michael ' s baddest pictures but Madonna and Prince's good.

This make me so mad !
"Levy says. "We don't know how much the ghost of Elvis would haunt us if his end had not been so ugly and spectacular.

"The ghost of Michael haunts us while he still walks among us."

Yeah, i can predict what they'll say:

Show a clip of i want you back on ed sullivan, talk about how cute he was, then skip to thriller..talk about how great he was, show the moonwalk on motown 25, talk about how popular he was...then blab on about his legal troubles and marriages and children, then show the balcony thing and then pyjama day from the trial..and conclude by asking a so called expert whether he can have a comeback!!

So predictable..

They'll miss out all the great work he did in the 90s as if it was nothing...

I hope i'm wrong though...stranger things have happened!

Show a clip of i want you back on ed sullivan, talk about how cute he was, then skip to thriller..talk about how great he was, show the moonwalk on motown 25, talk about how popular he was...then blab on about his legal troubles and marriages and children, then show the balcony thing and then pyjama day from the trial..and conclude by asking a so called expert whether he can have a comeback!!

So predictable..

I Think the same thing!

"Levy says. "We don't know how much the ghost of Elvis would haunt us if his end had not been so ugly and spectacular.

"The ghost of Michael haunts us while he still walks among us."

Excuse me !
would you just explain this statement ! cuz i couldn't understand what does he mean?

id rather they say nothing and ignore him cause until mj comes back and has some success its gonna be the same ole B.S

Pop icons at 50: Michael Jackson
[SIZE=-1]USA Today - Aug 14, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY Madonna, Prince and Michael Jackson were turning the music world upside down in the '80s. This summer, they're turning 50. ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Prince, Madonna, and Michael Jackson: 50 and Fabulous! [SIZE=-1]WSCC[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Still fabulous at 50: Pop icons Prince, Madonna and Michael Jackson [SIZE=-1]USA Today[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Pop icons at 50: Madonna [SIZE=-1]USA Today[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 27 news articles »[/SIZE]

if mj didnt do stupid things like hanging blanket over a balconey or going out on wheelchairs wearing pj's, maybe the press wouldnt be so reluctant to mention him...

i hardly doubt that makes a difference as to whether they mention him come the 29th lol

The Toronto Star wrote a disgusting article on Michael and Madonna basically insulting them and calling them media manipulators and saying how their careers are plunging. So ridiculous.

The Toronto Star wrote a disgusting article on Michael and Madonna basically insulting them and calling them media manipulators and saying how their careers are plunging. So ridiculous.

i guess they got refused interviews years ago then? lol

Personally, I don't want the media saying anything about Michael's birthday.
Because they won't resist the urge to talk shit. Trust me.

Hollaback.

Last edited:
if mj didnt do stupid things like hanging blanket over a balconey or going out on wheelchairs wearing pj's, maybe the press wouldnt be so reluctant to mention him...

what does that have anything to do with the question asked? and best believe the press will never be reluctant to mention Mike, sure for the most part it maybe negative, but they will never be reluctant to speak of him!

As to the question asked, they have already started mentioning his turning 50, but as the day approaches closer, they'll go into overdrive and as some have stated before, they won't resist trying to stick it to him in their reports. I saw a report on CNN today about Madonna turning 50 and the theme throughout the piece was 'old, old, old'.....and part of that was coming from people on the streets. So, I already know what to expect.

Oh gee! What's the last stupid thing you did I wonder? Too bad we'll never know since your, I'm sure DAILY misjudgments (since we ALL make them) don't get blasted across the print and airwaves every time they happen, over and over and OVER again. I don't understand when some of you come on here only to critsize Michael and point out his handful of mistakes in a life time of doing the best he can and helping more people then you'll ever even realize. Just lame.

And Michael going out in a disguise isn't stupid when you actually take in to account that it works. People don't bother him when he does it. That's the damn point.

The media mentions Michael more often then any other person on this planet. They're hardly reluctent to do so.

Last edited:
Excuse me !
would you just explain this statement ! cuz i couldn't understand what does he mean?

well it aint good basically saying thank god elvises ghost is around when he has gone unlike mikes who is still alive. very derrogatory.

Oh gee! What's the last stupid thing you did I wonder? Too bad we'll never know since your, I'm sure DAILY misjudgments (since we ALL make them) don't get blasted across the print and airwaves every time they happen, over and over and OVER again. I don't understand when some of you come on here only to critsize Michael and point out his handful of mistakes in a life time of doing the best he can and helping more people then you'll ever even realize. Just lame.

And Michael going out in a disguise isn't stupid when you actually take in to account that it works. People don't bother him when he does it. That's the damn point.

The media mentions Michael more often then any other person on this planet. They're hardly reluctent to do so.

:clapping: Totally agree with you. Every little mistake that Michael makes is magnified and taken way out of context. Michael's been in disguise many times, in a wheel chair too, but it was the media's fault for stupidly assuming that Michael was "ill and dying". They take a story, picture, or quote and go crazy with it. It's their job to make things seem interesting, or no one would care about a damn word that comes out of their mouth.

The reason everyone is talking about Madonna's 50th is because it's was on the 16th. When Michael's birthday comes around, they'll talk about him too.

Last edited:
well it aint good basically saying thank god elvises ghost is around when he has gone unlike mikes who is still alive. very derrogatory.

it sounds to me like the guy is admitting that the spectre of MJ is bigger than music itself. and that the unlimited scope of Elvis' greatness is unknown...no telling how endless it could go, if Elvis was still alive.

so...i believe Levy is admitting that MJ's legendary status is unmeasurable. but he doesn't want to be obvious about the statement.

So predictable..

That sounds about right to me lol...The media is too predictable

Last edited:
well, he doesnt look 50, does he? nobody believes it :) it's just another trick of the "king of pop to attrack attention" and in fact he's still in his 30s look at him!

or let me guess - the media are learning courtesy and let the woman go first. wrong guess? i knew that :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, in the majority of articles I've seen on this topic, it's always "1958 was a great year for music" and "MJ, Prince and Madonna turn 50". Of course, since Madonna's birthday was yesterday, most media focused on her. But I'm sure there will be some MJ related reporting around his birthday as well, but brave yourself everyone, because they won't be all positive. Also let's not forget that Madonna is actually actively out there, making new music and touring, while MJ ... well not so much.

I doubt he is going to celibrate it, and the reason they are talking about madonna it was her actual birthday.

Still abit disappointed that there is nothing going on. Anyway too bad now i fly to Teneriffe on his birthday, you can only wait so long

Madonna's b-day and Elvis' death day are the same.....the 16th of August. And all I saw on FOX news' ticker all day was Elvis' death and how big the crowd was for his funeral. I don't understand why they always have to remind us of Elvis' death when they don't remind us of a host of other famous people's death. Why is Elvis's death mentioned every single year? Ray Charle, Barry White, Marvin Gaye....all dead, but no annual mention of their death? I think they want to make August the month of Elvis so they won't have to focus on Michael's birthday. I really do think this.

And remember, something else has happened on Michael's birthday....hurricane Katrina. So look for them to put a lot of focus on Katrina and push Michael's birthday on the back burner.

If it had not been for that Saddleback dual between Obama and McCain, FOX would have been talking about Elvis all day.

I don't they celebrated Madge's birthday that much. I hope they do more justice to Michael.

Back