Why do so many not like superfly sister?

I love this track. "Mother's preachin' Abraham... brother's they don't give a damn!"

Mike's a better rapper than most rappers. Love the guitar solo as well.

Love it, really love that song. Love dancing around to it with my Ipod blasting my brain away.

It's an interesting mix between stickin' it to his family and mixing it up there. Kind of a reflection of his family in a way too. Groupies and his brothers he had the "pleasure" of listening too.

Love it, wished he allowed himself more of that.

Love it, really love that song. Love dancing around to it with my Ipod blasting my brain away.

It's an interesting mix between stickin' it to his family and mixing it up there. Kind of a reflection of his family in a way too. Groupies and his brothers he had the "pleasure" of listening too.

Love it, wished he allowed himself more of that.
I don't think he's talking about his siblings, but the slang "brother" as in black males. Or he could be talking about the term "brothers" as used in a Baptist church.

I love Superfly Sister!! Funky, funky, funky!! It's fun to workout to, too!

For me. I love the chorus, but not a big fan of the verses.....

So I do really like it, but I dont really like the verses.

I have been playing this song nonstop all week, haha.
I love just turning up the volume and dancing around while I cook.
My roommates on the other hand - not so amused by this.

Anyway, I just LOVE this song. It's like, painfully funky and his vocals are delicious.
Plus the lyrics, omg.

YA DIRTY YA DOIN' IT YA NASTY.

I don't think he's talking about his siblings, but the slang "brother" as in black males. Or he could be talking about the term "brothers" as used in a Baptist church.

You're right, it could really be all of it. I think that's why he might have gone with the term "brothers", could really be everything you and I mentioned.

The term "superfly" sister makes me think, you're closer though- generic term to describe a societal phenomena. But it also sort of fits part of his family, KWIM?

But then he also considered "humankind" brothers and sisters, so it's hard to tell.

By the way, I love your location! :D

I love it. How can anyone not like any of his songs....I wonder....
I simply ADORE the Invincible album......it is amazing. Work of art.

i don't know where so many people don't like the song..

it's a big world and sometimes it may seem like a lot of people don't like something, but, then, a lot of people do...and maybe numbers are skewed, cus we can only talk to so many people...

but..anyway..love the song

I'm the same! LOVE IT! It's such a cool song! *goes to listen* :lol:

i loooooovee thiiis song, its like my top 5 or somethin!! absolutley love the whole theme of the song.. i really get the impression that this song was reccorded in 89/90 i mean the sound it sounds so dangerous *ish*;D

i loooooovee thiiis song, its like my top 5 or somethin!! absolutley love the whole theme of the song.. i really get the impression that this song was reccorded in 89/90 i mean the sound it sounds so dangerous *ish*;D

It was recorded during the Dangerous sessions.

I love listening to Superfly Sister.

It is probably Michael's most sexy and raunchy lyrics. The song is hot!!!

"Why do so many not like superfly sister?" If that is the case, it may be becauswe those people don't like funky music. That song is one of the last funky songs Michael did.

Love it. Thanks for the reminder everyone; i just went and did meself a utube search cause i was curious to see if anyone had done an interesting vid for it, but unfortunately, it wasn't the case. Anyhow, the song kicks arse; very, very funky and, as some have already said, it does have a Prince feel to it. Another of them drivin jams perrrfect to blast on full volume, but it can get a bit distracting and make ya push the brake pedal lol.

Last edited:
Love it. Thanks for the reminder everyone; i just went and did meself a utube search cause i was curious to see if anyone had done an interesting vid for it, but unfortunately, it wasn't the case. Anyhow, the song kicks arse; very, very funky and, as some have already said, it does have a Prince feel to it. Another of them drivin jams perrrfect to blast on full volume, but it can get a bit distracting and make ya push the break pedal lol.

I had actually found a YT video of some random Michael fan dancing to it, and he was fantastic! It was just in his living room or something! It was pretty awesome! I wish I could remember what it was called....:scratch:

I had actually found a YT video of some random Michael fan dancing to it, and he was fantastic! It was just in his living room or something! It was pretty awesome! I wish I could remember what it was called....:scratch:

Oh, okay, then it means i wasn't looking hard enough. If u do remember and find the vid, do post it please. Thx

Oh, okay, then it means i wasn't looking hard enough. If u do remember and find the vid, do post it please. Thx

No, not cuz you weren't looking hard enough...it's really hard to find, but I'll definitely post it if I can find it :D

EDIT: here it is! He's pretty good!

Last edited:
^^ He is really good!!!!! I can imagine Michael singing Superfly Sister that way.... Thanks for posting!:)
And, of course, I have to say that I loooove this song :punk:

^^ I can really picture him singing it like that too! :D

I love Superfly Sister! The bass in that song is soooooo goood:D

Back