Why do so many not like superfly sister?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
Why do so many dislike the song Superfly Sister? I absolutely love it, always have. Such a catch song, makes me wanna dance every time i hear it. Why is it not so popular amongst fans?

I love Supafly Sister aswell, one of my all time favorite Michael Jackson songs, and my favorite vocal performances of Michael's.

I have no idea how anyone who loves Michael's music would dislike such a funky song with awesome vocals.

I love it too. hahah I remember singing it in the hallway at school while listin' to it nd everybody was like ''wtfff...'' :lmao: I was singin the last part too! I was so dumb lol yk..the LAST *dirty* part.

i just looked up the lyrics and damn i didnt realise they were so raunchy lol

Why do so many dislike the song Superfly Sister? I absolutely love it, always have. Such a catch song, makes me wanna dance every time i hear it. Why is it not so popular amongst fans?
What?! I LOVE Superfly Sister, one of my most favorites, i absolutely love it, its killer, i cant describe it cause its sooo super awesome, i mean only Michael could do such creative song, genius

answering you, i guess its cause its not poppy like sound, u know like one of those more easy to hear songs, u have got to have a fine fine ear to appreciate it

I love Supafly Sister aswell, one of my all time favorite Michael Jackson songs, and my favorite vocal performances of Michael's.

I have no idea how anyone who loves Michael's music would dislike such a funky song with awesome vocals.[/quote]
totally agree:agree:

they don't like it?!?!?!

I love it!!

"you're doin' it! you're nasty! you're doin' it! you're doin' it! you're nasty! you're doing it! you're dirty! you're nasty! you really don't wanna!"

:love: :love:

I like this song! It's one of his more dated sounding songs, but I love it and the lyrics are quite dirty for someone like MJ to sing lol which makes for an interesting listen. I enjoy it.

HOOOOOO,HERE are only the superfly sisiter lovers explaining Why so many ppl like superfly sister :D
and i join you,i love it!!!!!how can a gentle sing those words??
confused0065.gif
the contrast is just cool

I didn't know many fans don't like this song. I absolutely love it!!! So funky and "jumpin' like hot beans on a Sunday mawnin":D

This song belongs to the category of um...dunno what I would call it, but in the same category of She Got It and Work That Body, IMO. Sexual & energetic.

Last edited:
When I first heard that song I had no idea about Michael. I loved that song so much!! I love BOTDF album!

But the lyrics...omg I didn't understand English then! Imagine a 9 year old trying to sing that in broken English :hysterical:
I think I taped myself then...

Haha, never knew that this was a not-so-liked-by-fans song :lol:
I wouldn't say it's an all-time favourite, but I love it :D The lyrics are so contemporary, not to mention that great funky beat :shifty:

It's not that it's bad, it's that the other 4 songs on BOTDF are that amazing. :ph34r:

:rollin:

I find that the other 4 have more depth to them (uhm...maybe except for BOTDF, lol) and SS doesn't really fit with them. It really is...different :p

I've always wondered what a 15-songs BOTDF album would've been like. I love these 5 tracks, even if I discovered their brilliance very late (compared to his other works' ). Michael seemed to be at the peak of his writing skills.

I've always wondered what a 15-songs BOTDF album would've been like. I love these 5 tracks, even if I discovered their brilliance very late (compared to his other works' ). Michael seemed to be at the peak of his writing skills.

Hehe funny thing is that I've wondered the same thing, but maybe a 10-12 track album.
I definitely could move over tracks like "2 Bad", "This Time Around", "D.S." & "Money" from HIStory to BOTDF... they have that darkness... BOTDF would be beautifully dark if Michael would make a complete album like that.
It's like, when I think of those songs and the original songs from BOTDF I can almost visualize the color black in my mind. It's like a dark room with black candy paint dripping on the walls... it's that vivid :p

wow...the lyrics are very sexy...Michael always put into his music what he was not able to show. He was so shy...he could put it out there in his music though.....Michael =hotstuff..:love:

Hehe funny thing is that I've wondered the same thing, but maybe a 10-12 track album.
I definitely could move over tracks like "2 Bad", "This Time Around", "D.S." & "Money" from HIStory to BOTDF... they have that darkness... BOTDF would be beautifully dark if Michael would make a complete album like that.
It's like, when I think of those songs and the original songs from BOTDF I can almost visualize the color black in my mind. It's like a dark room with black candy paint dripping on the walls... it's that vivid :p

10 or 15, it wouldn't have mattered - it would've rocked anyway :D
Hmm, I think "D.S." is the only one I'd leave out from your list, the others are spot on :D
And I agree with the darkness vision. Heck, you have no idea how it angers me that the "Ghosts" movie didn't get the attention and appreciation it deserved. It was too incredible to describe. Michael sure knew how to build up a dark, creepy atmosphere, and yet one that could move both your heart and bones.
I would've seen "Threatened" there as well, love that song :punk: Would've made a great short film too.

This post was completely off topic, but I had to get it off my chest, lol :lol:

P.S. Somehow, I ended up picturing Michael in a video similar to "Call me when you're sober". I clearly need to go to bed before he turns into a werewolf again :doh: :lol:

The only thing i dont like is that so many copy him after, i mean noone reaches his level on vocals and creative style, but there are may copies till today, why cant people create on their own??? anyway, me saying this wont stop the ones stealing...:bugeyed

WHO doesnt like it? i just love it,
when i look up the lyrics i was like"OMG,wtf, is this mike the shy gentleman i used to know,lol,that's fun though
but since i love all his songs,so i guess this make my opinion not worth counting .

:tease:

Because it sounds like a Prince B-Side Track

LOL just kidding but the song sounds very much like a Prince track -it´s great!

Because it sounds like a Prince B-Side Track

LOL just kidding but the song sounds very much like a Prince track -it´s great!
It sounds more like Ready For The World to me with a Roger Troutman guitar riff. Oh Shay-la! :p

It sounds more like Ready For The World to me with a Roger Troutman guitar riff. Oh Shay-la! :p

Okay....this intrigued me so I'm listening to it right now and yes I can hear a RFTW vibe in this song. And that guitar riff does sound a bit Zapp & Roger-ish.

Good observations. I've always loved this song but I never really analyzed it like that. To me I just always got an "Off The Wall" feel from this song, but that could just be because of the funk.

Back