Who is the best Joker ? Jack or heath

best joker

• Jack Nicholson

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Heath Ledger

Votes: 36 52.9%

• Total voters
Jack Nicholson gets my vote he made an uncanny Joker and his performance in 'Batman Returns' (best-loved of all Batman films) was extraordinary..

Actually, Jack played Joker in the 1989 film, Batman. The villains in Batman Returns (1992) were the Penguin, Catwoman, and Schreck, played by Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Christopher Walken respectively.

AgentM, did you think Jack was better? I chose him!

Hi Earth_Song1. You really can't go wrong with either choice. I do think Heath's performance was technically more impressive and difficult to execute but both performances were true to various iterations of the character who first appeared around 1940 in the comics. Like I said, you really can't go wrong with either choice. I am glad you like Jack, he's a fine choice, as is Heath.

Hi Earth_Song1. You really can't go wrong with either choice. I do think Heath's performance was technically more impressive and difficult to execute but both performances were true to various iterations of the character who first appeared around 1940 in the comics. Like I said, you really can't go wrong with either choice. I am glad you like Jack, he's a fine choice, as is Heath.

Hey, what's up? I agree, but I have been a Jack Nicholson fan forever!!! LOL!

Actually, Jack played Joker in the 1989 film, Batman. The villains in Batman Returns (1992) were the Penguin, Catwoman, and Schreck, played by Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Christopher Walken respectively.

Oh crap yeah you're right he did indeed play The Joker in 'Batman' not 'Batman Returns'. The latter I would still consider my favourite Batman film. All this talk of Nicholson and Ledger was too much excitement for my poor brain.

Very hard to say for many different reasons...They both used different joker material and have different scripts and different worlds to enter..The contexts were completely different and this is like comparing jackie chan or bruce lee..two different styles but equally complete...Jack Nicholson was the only one out of the two to portray a transition from jack napier to the joker and so in that sense he got to delve into the psyche a bit more...Heath's joker was always the same man essentially but he just lost his mind one day and the difference was the scars..Jack nicholsons joker literally transformed when he hit the chemicals with regards to colour of skin , structe of face and whole demena...

A script can give answers to a portraly of a character that may otherwise have to be kept inside the actors head or translates in movements or slight mannerisms..That is another big issue and there is much more explanation into the joker's character in the dark knight..Even though there is much more mystery, there are still jigsaw pieces to be used..Jack Nicholson's character had transitional images but there were many gaps that you also had to fill in.Both laughs were very different but equally correct however i feel more connection to jacks laugh simply because jack napier never smiled in his scenes and you never had a sense of his laugh..So his joker laugh was truely created with no force to it..heath's laugh had a slight force to it but jack's joker made it seem as if it was an uncontrollable part of his being.

Each interptetation can be taken from one singular comic book and so it isn't a complete performance, it can't be..Jack takes it along the lines of the comica books that made the joker seem like a lunatic , a muderous psycho who has a darkly funny side...Tim Burton's script played more to that level as his sadistically laughing and jokes at specific times made you think '' you serious, you laughin noow? or you making a joke noow? ''..So it was more unexpected and therefore played to the lunatic making jokes at inapporporiate times..the 'I'm glad your dead moment'' in bathman comes to mind...that whole scene is wonderfully acted.With jack, he loses all aspects of sense and human emotions and understanding...He couldn't be further from jack napier if he tried, Just look at the scene where he shoots bruce wayne at vicky's house..he is just possessed and can't be human anymore

Heath's joker was more dark and sinister.He is an out and out killer who kills at will instead of for fun.He has less laughs though and takes every plan very seriously instead of messing around , even though he has a fun agenda of messing with batman...it consmes him and the rivalry is more clear in the dark knight..the idea of them both needing each other and being essential parts of each other is so much more observed in the dark knight..It is the backbone to their hatred and the fact they always meet each other and never leave each other's side.You get sense of a crazy man paiting his face and losing all sense of persepective with heath but at same time he is still a man..He still has all the serious aspects and qulaites of a man and takes it all very seriously..He is a man who has got war paint on that he does every day

Basically, it is two differnt worlds, two different scripts, two different jokers..so you can't compare them.They both focused on the main attributes and showcased them differently which ultimately shows the diverse aspect and how brilliant they are as individual actors..Heath had alot of pressure with following jack but did it complete and utter justice

Back